Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Training, Friday 18th December, 2015 (and BBQ)

Longsufferingnomore

3 minutes ago, Whispering_Jack said:

On the flight ready to take off from Miami to San Juan.

Looking forward to a plethora of good reports when we arrive in two and a half hours.

In flight kindle reading is Breakfast with Bails.

I hate you so much.

• Like 1

Just got to work after training. wow it's hot out there. not much to say, probably better reporters than my self (and everything I have read this year seems to be on the money) but a couple of observations:

- Jeffy's set shot kicking at goal today resembled his set shot kicking at goal last year (well the 6 or 7 I watched)... if he could fix it up he could almost double the amount of goals he gets next year

- Weideman's left is a bullet and thought while a bit light on top, he might be in for a sneaky few games this year.

• Like 7

Spencer's beard looks good but a long way to go before he resembles Maxy.

Obviously a hot morning at training; I went down and had a bit of a look around. 

Without going into detail a few things of interest to me were...

Jack Trengove looks in great shape and was doing a little bit of short kicking, fingers crossed for 2016.

Bernie Vince doing some hard half ground running whilst his finger heals, looking very fit is Bernie. I think some might forget that he had little to no preseason last year and despite getting the golden pass won the Bluey. A fit Vince will be even better for us in 2016.

Not sure what's wrong with 'H' but he didn't seem to be doing any kicking and kept handing the ball off to Trenners. Maybe he was there as the ball boy.

Dom Tyson drew the recovery short straw and had a running session with Crossy (so happy he is still around the club). I remarked a week or so back that it looked like he had a bit of a calf problem so they are handling him with care pre the break.

Weideman at this stage looks like a kid, he is. I will be interested to watch his progress as we move into the new year and start of the season, his intensity is not there at the moment. If the teams were selected now he would be a way off, March could be a very different proposition. I wouldn't be as complimentary on his kicking as 'DemonTux' but I might have just seen a few of the bad ones & as I say his intensity is not there yet.

Petracca is a gun, yep I know he hasn't played a game but he will do what Hogan did in 2015 and take the competition by storm. Apart from his ability he is a real character out there on the track.

Oliver is another that seems to have a bit of go about him, doesn't like being beaten and seems to have settled right in.

• Like 24

1 hour ago, Whispering_Jack said:

My actual hard copy version of Breakfast with Bails is on its way from Amazon.

If it means so much to you, I'll let you have my copy.

Cheers 

That is not what i meant and you know it.

This size writing is much better.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, rjay said:

Obviously a hot morning at training; I went down and had a bit of a look around. 

Without going into detail a few things of interest to me were...

Jack Trengove looks in great shape and was doing a little bit of short kicking, fingers crossed for 2016.

Bernie Vince doing some hard half ground running whilst his finger heals, looking very fit is Bernie. I think some might forget that he had little to no preseason last year and despite getting the golden pass won the Bluey. A fit Vince will be even better for us in 2016.

Not sure what's wrong with 'H' but he didn't seem to be doing any kicking and kept handing the ball off to Trenners. Maybe he was there as the ball boy.

Dom Tyson drew the recovery short straw and had a running session with Crossy (so happy he is still around the club). I remarked a week or so back that it looked like he had a bit of a calf problem so they are handling him with care pre the break.

Weideman at this stage looks like a kid, he is. I will be interested to watch his progress as we move into the new year and start of the season, his intensity is not there at the moment. If the teams were selected now he would be a way off, March could be a very different proposition. I wouldn't be as complimentary on his kicking as 'DemonTux' but I might have just seen a few of the bad ones & as I say his intensity is not there yet.

Petracca is a gun, yep I know he hasn't played a game but he will do what Hogan did in 2015 and take the competition by storm. Apart from his ability he is a real character out there on the track.

Oliver is another that seems to have a bit of go about him, doesn't like being beaten and seems to have settled right in.

competitors competitors competitors,   is all we want for chrissy...& after.   beasts.

I went along this morning with my two kids, so didn't get to watch too many drills. It was bloody hot! The players did a 'round the world' goal kicking exercise, which most players were pretty accurate at.

They did some 400 run throughs as a group at the end (impressive as it was given the heat). Vanders to me was right up there, and pushed himself right to the end and was very vocal.

Best part was my kids getting some signatures, the players were more than happy to chat to them. My daughter even told Hogan that we have a dog named Jesse, which he joked about, when I told him it was a Staffie he was more than happy with that.

One thing of note and someone might know, the players were in a huddle in the middle and a big cheer went up. I don't know what it was about - maybe Jones' award last night???? 

Well done MFC, great morning for everyone!

• Like 14

1 hour ago, rjay said:

Not surprising, as had both feet operated on after the season ended.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, rjay said:

I understand H had surgery on both ankles and is only this week cleared to start running.  He hopes to be ready for Round 1. I believe these injuries prevented us from seeing him at his best during 2015.  He has nominated himself as the surprise packet for 2016, let's hope he is one of several. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, rjay said:

Yeah, that seems about right :P

11 minutes ago, Meggs said:

I understand H had surgery on both ankles and is only this week cleared to start running.  He hopes to be ready for Round 1. I believe these injuries prevented us from seeing him at his best during 2015.  He has nominated himself as the surprise packet for 2016, let's hope he is one of several. 

I had to laugh when i watched the video where he nominated himself as the surprise packet for 2016. I wondered if he was poking fun at himself and his reputation or he was actually being sincere. Either way if he does go up a few level from last year could be an important factor in an improved season for the dees. 

• Like 1

Thanks to all those who made it down to Gosch's under extreme conditions.

It was a great day for the supporters and the Club. Great to see so many kids there despite the heat.

Just a note - one of the last to leave the ground after being mobbed was "Grumpy Boots" himself - Jesse Hogan. He looked more than pleased with the attention he was receiving and was very generous with his time. All of the players were great with the kids and supporters especially after a gruelling session. 

A very nice gesture by our fearless leader to come over to the BBQ and thank those Volunteers and Demon Army members for operating the BBQ.  He declined our offer of a sausage though!

• Like 10

I went along and great to see a decent crowd for December.  As for the hot weather......yes hot everyone, however with all the comments about heat, anyone would think we live in the African Desert.  It's Australia everybody!!!! It's summer !!!!! We live in a bloody hot country and why is everyone so damn surprised?

I woke up this morning and all the media outlets are telling us how to handle the heat.  FFS we are turning into a nanny society full of precious puppies.  Our ancestors felled forests in 40 degree summers without going home to aircon.  Pleeeeeeeeese

• Like 4

Great to see many supporters at Gosch's paddock this morning. 

Nice shady spots for plenty to see. I started over near the Punt Rd side pocket with the rehab group which included the likes of Dawes, Trengove, Lumumba, Frost, Brayshaw, Tyson, Vince. All looking in reasonable nick. Spencer joined in with Tyson and Brayshaw with Cross for 5mins or so kicking on the run to leads. Spencer did his utmost and did ok regardless of looking awkward - that's just how he rolls. He's a massive unit now.

Trengove did some run throughs before joining the others for short sharp reflex work with ball before having some kick2kick with Dawes. His advisor is on hand so he can check with him what he can do. Lumumba assisted without kicking for obvious reasons. 

There were some ball work elsewhere with various drills from the rest of the squad, I identified a few drills but my attention was taken by the rehab group. Dom Tyson, Brayshaw impressed even though the heat was taking its toll. 

Rest of the squad soon started drills which ended in kicking for goal. 3-4 handballs to dish to open player on the run for goal. 

Headed over to the wing with remaining supporters for a feed and drink with my son, managed a photo for my son with Bernie, who remarked on my 7yo sons new hat, thought it was cool and he tried it on, before returning to my son who was keen to get it back. Character is Bernie, very accomodating and great sense of humour.

The likes of the rehab group left early while the remaining squad did some push-ups before run throughs around the boundary. All players looked keen to the task and being the last hitout before the break in front of a large group of supporters - impressed in the heat. Took off before they finished, purchased some new merch. Great morning.

• Like 17

It's was bloody hot. I had a mare and paid $2.50 for a pepsi max from the coffee bloke instead of $2 from the club BBQ. Sorry guys. 

I got there maybe half way through and it was mainly relaxed skill work and a lot of goal kicking from then on for the main group.

Spencer, Brayshaw, Tyson working with Crossy playing kick to kick. Spencer yuck. The other 2 looking good. Particularly Tyson must be close to rejoining the main group.

They finished with sets of gruelling half ground runs around the boundary. 3 groups divided in to best, middle and lesser running ability and therefore the top group had the furthest distance to cover from cone to cone around half the boundary.

The 3rd group (let's call them the C graders) featuring the new boys, Dunn, Garland, Kent, Pedo, Gawn actually stayed together as a group. Dunn took up his customary role up the back pushing along the new boys, mainly Hulett. Weideman wasn't exactly flying but didn't drop off. 

Tommy Mc led the A grade group. 

Petracca really tired from the B group and Goodwin showed good leadership getting those at the front to encourage those who were dropping off towards the end. So Petracca led the B group on the last run and then pushed him along. No surprise given his build and missing all of last year that his endurance need some work. Ben Kennedy actually ran well in the 2nd group.

Lowlight of the session was on the way home seeing the Pies boys doing hill sprints up Anderson St. Hopefully they get stress injuries from the pavement. We did that last year. Pendles had ice on his outer shin/calf. Unfortunately they have some serious size as a team and maybe they just looked bigger because they were shirtless wearing their sports bras but looked to me like they had some big boys and were running good time up and down the hill.

• Like 12

27 minutes ago, Soidee said:

Our ancestors felled forests in 40 degree summers without going home to aircon.  

Yes, the ancestors who died of heat stroke at the ripe old age of 45.

But 30years ago I'd go for a run in this weather, now I take my doctors advice to drink plenty of water and stay cool.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Soidee said:

I went along and great to see a decent crowd for December.  As for the hot weather......yes hot everyone, however with all the comments about heat, anyone would think we live in the African Desert.  It's Australia everybody!!!! It's summer !!!!! We live in a bloody hot country and why is everyone so damn surprised?

I woke up this morning and all the media outlets are telling us how to handle the heat.  FFS we are turning into a nanny society full of precious puppies.  Our ancestors felled forests in 40 degree summers without going home to aircon.  Pleeeeeeeeese

"Luxury ..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1a1wHxTyo

• Like 1