Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

NATIONAL DRAFT PICKS 3 & 7

Lucifers Hero

Probably because they live in Adelaide...

That and it will no doubt form a part of our smoke and mirrors campaign to keep the Dons and GC guessing.

Essendon: "Dees interviewing Francis, we better pick him before their next pick"

GC: ""Dees interviewing Milera, we better pick him before their next pick"

• Like 1

Apparently we have scheduled meeting tomorrow morning with Francis and Milera. Francis will be gone and I would be filthy if we took Milera

1. I don't trust Essendon to take Francis. He seems the perfect choice to leak to the media and get Melbourne to over think pick 3.

2. Milera, love him. He be the best result short term (1-2 years) if we want to score more. Don't be too down on him.

Having not seen any of the candidates play but plenty of video footage and interviews I think this is the way we might go ( Or what I would do )

Darcy Parish does look partticularly good BUT he reminds me a bit of Tom Scully, and we all know how his scrawny body stands up to the heat in the corridor!

Not that I think this kid lacks courage and also he seems a very likeable fellow which whilst not footy oriented certainly gets a tick in that dept from me. I do worry about his size!

Curnow No so NO DH policy and will slide and I dont care how far!

Weiderman a big yes but only if he is over his injury concerns.

I really Like Clayton Oliver reminds me of the school yard footy bully, plays keepings of no one game to go near him, not even the teachers, has some grunt and tricks!

Harry Mc Kay is the bolter for mine KP TALL I like what I have seen and his twin Bro aint no shrinking violet either.

Weighing it all then for me its the combo of OLIVER & either WEIDERMAN or HARRY MCKAY in any order you like!

GO DEES

how can you compare parish to scully? Scully was considered a No.1 pick because of his running capacity, ability to find the ball and leadership. They knew there were deficiencies in his ability to kick.

Parish is not known for his running capacity- he tested poorly throughout the whole draft camp. He shows he has very good to elite decision making and kicking efficiency.

Body type was he has to put on a lot of weight but football wise he definitely has a high football IQ.

The way Worsfold spoke today, and given they have picks in the mid-20's where plenty of mids and flankers will be available, i wouldn't be at all surprised if the Dons took Weideman.

Smoke and mirrors I suspect, pushing us to take Weidean at 3, so they get both Oliver and Parish?

Melbourne had a player a long time ago that a lot of us think would be a star even today. He put on maybe a little bit during the course of his whole career

Maybe I shouldn't compare but this bloke Parish deserves a chance.

• Like 1

2. Milera, love him. He be the best result short term (1-2 years) if we want to score more. Don't be too down on him.

Looks good, doesn't he ?

Unfortunately a former number 1 draft pick, who at 196 cm plays like a pygmy, ensures we need another 196 cm tall who can play alongside Hogan. So we need Weideman.

Edited by ProDee
  • Like 1

just breezed through a whole bunch of phantom drafts on bigfooty and a bunch of the media ones too... washup seems to be heavily favoured towards Oliver/Weideman... it's hard to say though to what extent that is just people changing their position based on following others

• Like 1

Weideman reminds me a little of Nick Reiwoldt. He takes the ball at its highest point with his arms out in front. He is a strong mark and a very mobile tall forward, with a lovely kicking action. If we could have Oliver too, I think he will be similar to Wines in the way he plays. Oliver at 3 is a lock I'd say and hopefully Weideman at 7. Let's hope!

Someone please tell me what Weideman has done to create such excitement.

Hes barely played in the last two years due to stress fractures or stress related injuries, I wouldn't touch him personally.

Any Two of Parish Oliver Francis or Curnow and im happy.

Its relieving to hear Goodwin and Mcartney have been watching the falcons closely, ill back there decisions on weather to take parish or curnow.

It appears Oliver does his damage by winning his own ball & over powering his opponents. Oliver looks an inside beast, is he the next Mitch Robinson or Dangerfield? I can understand if the club choose Oliver why they would make that choice, but I'm not sure of his disposal & skills at the next level up. If the club thinks his disposal by foot is or can be elite you would take him.

Parish seems to cut teams apart with good awareness & clever ball use. I wonder how high his ceiling will be as an AFL player. Is he already as good as he will be & would he be easily shut down at AFL level?

When I think of the elite midfielders of the competition they all have a lot of power or strength over the ball. Kennedy, Dangerfield, Hodge, Fyfe, Hannebury, Mitchell, Mundy, Watson & Ablett seem to all be power or strength based mids who you can't really stop. I can't think of too many elite mids with the body shape of Parish, his height is ok but does he or will he have the build to stand up in the contest at AFL level? I'm leaning towards the opinion that Parish will most likely become a good player & we would get good service out of him but Oliver has potentially a higher ceiling to become the type of Midfielder in the class of Wines/Dangerfield & that would be more valuable than a good serviceable player that Parish appears to be.

In the past there has been outside or skinny types taken high such as Toumpas, Whitfield, O'rourke, Morton etc. that haven't really developed. Where as the bigger bodies such as Wines, Stringer & Bontempelli have been the big wins out of recent previous drafts. So I can see why the argument for the big power based mid may prevail in this instance.

• Like 3

So hard not to be nervous about him given his injuries.

Fortune doesn't always favour the brave. Surely we have to get these early picks right eventually.

Funny thing is, players like Stringer and Judd had injury worries when they were drafted, hasn't affected them. Players like Gumbelton had no injury history, his career ruined by injury