Josh Mahoney on SEN 15 October 2015

rolling fog

Collingwood's 2016 First Rounder is going to GWS for Treloar as well. And we wouldn't get that anyway. They're not going to give 9-12 next year for Howe.

We need to go after a player on the Pies list that walks into our best 22. Not the fringe players they will offer us like Kennedy, Broomhead or Sinclair.

We don't seem to have any interest in Seedsman or Freeman, so I'd start by asking for Marley Williams or Tom Langdon, and I'd settle for Brayden Maynard.

• Like 1

Good of Howe to pull this on the club at this stage. Comes back from holidays and nominates a different club than the one we were told he was interested in, and they have very, very little to negotiate with.

I like that the club is saying Kennedy is a seperate trade. Letting Collingwood know they have to give something substantial to gain something. I'm hoping we'll get a decent Pies player and Kennedy for Howe and late pick.

• Like 2

Collingwood's 2016 First Rounder is going to GWS for Treloar as well. And we wouldn't get that anyway. They're not going to give 9-12 next year for Howe.

We need to go after a player on the Pies list that walks into our best 22. Not the fringe players they will offer us like Kennedy, Broomhead or Sinclair.

We don't seem to have any interest in Seedsman or Freeman, so I'd start by asking for Marley Williams or Tom Langdon, and I'd settle for Brayden Maynard.

I dont want Williams but this is the theory I'd be testing out. Picks aren't the be all end all and Pies have a lot of kids coming through. Maynard sounds like the best target but something like that is what I'd be trying to work out.

Can someone please enlighten me on all the love for Brayden Maynard on here??? What has he done that makes everyone want him to come and play for us? I will admit I don't know a whole lot about him but I would have thought Collingwood have others that make as much appeal. De Goey, Oxley, Marley Williams?

On NAB Trade Radio:

Jeremy Howe: "We were a fair way down the path with Gold Coast, but he's nominated Collingwood." Mahoney says flipping Gold Coast's pick 3 for the Dees' pick 6 had been on the table. "We'll start speaking to Collingwood now to see what a trade will look like".

Jake Melksham: "We wanted to get the deal done, he was a guy we targeted at the start of Trade Period". Got him for pick 25 to Essendon.

Ben Kennedy: "At this stage we see his trade being separate to Howe's deal."

Dion Prestia: "He's a talented player and anyone who's out of contract and talented we'll target."

If it is 6 for 3 then tell Howe to get stuffed and a surfboard, or he can speak with Collingwood and do a better deal.

For those who asked - BRAYDEN MAYNARD: From Pies website: Renowned for his powerful and polished left foot, Maynard’s skills from half back are an asset. He has excellent vision and great agility. He is a smart player and, despite not being blessed with superb endurance, runs to the right spots. Could press his claims for senior opportunities this year. His father Peter played eight games for Melbourne (1980-1981) and was a star with Glenelg in the SANFL.

But we just got a half back flanker in Melksham. They will all be on-ballers anyway so I gues Maynard may well be good for us.

Appears to not have made his AFL debut.

Edited by Lucifer's Hero

Can someone please enlighten me on all the love for Brayden Maynard on here??? What has he done that makes everyone want him to come and play for us? I will admit I don't know a whole lot about him but I would have thought Collingwood have others that make as much appeal. De Goey, Oxley, Marley Williams?

Maynard is a tough and skilled left footed half-back flanker whose father played for MFC.

De Goey is their Brayshaw and is worth way more than Howe.

Oxley is an inconsistent, flakey half-back and isn't worth what Howe is.

Marley Williams is a mental midget with issues.

• Like 3

For those who asked - BRAYDEN MAYNARD: From Pies website: Renowned for his powerful and polished left foot, Maynard’s skills from half back are an asset. He has excellent vision and great agility. He is a smart player and, despite not being blessed with superb endurance, runs to the right spots. Could press his claims for senior opportunities this year. His father Peter played eight games for Melbourne (1980-1981) and was a star with Glenelg in the SANFL.

But we just got a half back flanker in Melksham. They will all be on-ballers anyway so I gues Maynard may well be good for us.

Appears to not have made his AFL debut.

Maynard was originally a tough midfielder in the draft but he seems to play a running half-back role now.

Edited by HulkHogan

Club going all out for Prestia... Pick 3 would have sealed the deal. I understand the frustration.

Dees still very confident he will be in red and blue 2016.

It may be a silly question, but how does that happen? Can you get a pick and then trade it back, or was Howe going to GC part of getting Prestia to Melbourne?

I'm sceptical but you've got a few runs on the board GNF. Thanks for sharing.

• Like 2

Club going all out for Prestia... Pick 3 would have sealed the deal. I understand the frustration.

You do realise pick 3 was coming from GC..... are you just making stuff up?

• Like 7

End of THIS week

you do realise tomorrow is Friday? No official trades can take place over the weekend, so it's not a far stretch to assume Tomorrow is also end of the week.

You do understand how [censored] ing stupid that reads, yeah?

• Like 5

Lol he [censored] up there. Give us pick 3....now we ll give it back and give us Prestia.

I think it translates to Howe and pick 6 for Prestia.

I don't think it was mentioned, but Mahoney said on SEN that the reason Howe had nominated the Pies as his preferred club was because he did not want to move interstate.

Means his unlikely to take his chance with the PSD, especially if both Lions and Suns are interested.

• Like 1