Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Watt's going on?

Harry Plopper

Just read the comments. She seems very believable to be honest. Apparently PJ said that his heart is not in it at the club anymore and have been disappointed with his output the last couple of weeks hence why they preferred to play Stretch Harmes Brayshaw ANB

I would have thought that his output over the past two weeks was no different to the level of much of his career, which is why most were surprised when he was dropped this week. I'm also surprised that such info would come out of the mouth of a club official.

Still hasn't provided a link though.

He copy and pasted the post instead of a link, just a FB post, link does not matter

Edited by DavidNeitz9

He copy and pasted the post instead of a link, just a FB post, link does not matter

An unattributed comment with no source supplied has absolutely no value in a debate. We have no way to verify that this alleged post even exists, much less assess for ourselves the authority of the poster. Which facebook page did this alleged post appear on? Who posted it? For all any of us know he's written it himself to stir the pot.

An unattributed comment with no source supplied has absolutely no value in a debate. We have no way to verify that this alleged post even exists, much less assess for ourselves the authority of the poster. Which facebook page did this alleged post appear on? Who posted it? For all any of us know he's written it himself to stir the pot.

No idea, let it go and he didnt write it himself

It was on one of the Supporters forum page.

I would have thought that his output over the past two weeks was no different to the level of much of his career, which is why most were surprised when he was dropped this week. I'm also surprised that such info would come out of the mouth of a club official.

Agree this is not making sense. Watts hasn't been the problem in the last month, he has been getting his 18 or so possessions in recent weeks. He may have been part of the recent problems but he had a lot of mates, most of them in the leadership group!

If I were to look back at my posts in relation to Jack Watts, I'm guessing they would be as inconsistent as the bloke himself. I really do not know what to think about Jack anymore other than every time I think he's coming good he reverts back to sub standard footy.

• Like 3

Watts is gone, spoke to Jackson and Rawlings in the room - he didn't ask to be dropped, they're putting him up for trade because his heart isn't in it/his last month has proven that.

Source is directly from peter Jackson and Rawlings mouth.. I was there with my Dad who knows them.

They just said they're gonna put Jack out there and see if they can get anything for him and that just his attitude towards playing for the Dees has been disappointing and that's why they essentially dropped him from the 2s as well- and saying how having Harmes, White, Viney, Stretch etc were just a better fit in the team clearly, and no chance of picking up Yarran because he's too much of a risk to pick up.

Seeing wattsy in the rooms though, he gets on well with everyone but maybe he might also want a fresh start elsewhere and is happy to go up for trade. If no one wants him maybe it will be a reality check and get him to work harder.

Two things make me think this is BS.

1) Watts' heart not in it. Rubbish. He re-signed, he's extremely popular amongst the group, and has had an improved year.

2) PJ telling ANYONE about something like this. Mate or not, can not see that happening. Ever.

• Like 6

Hnmm Ok I know Jack Watts but haven't spoken to him for quite a while!!

I'll say this!

He is a sensational sensational person, The sort of guy if your daughter brought home ( forgetting footy ) you would be very happy!

He is a "go with the flow" person, he blends in with many people of all ages social status and volition!

He is a very good sportsman with "elite" awareness , hand eye coordination and ball sport "smarts"

He goes when he has to BUT (and this is my opinion) he hasn't a malicious bone in his body

He is mentally tough as he has copped it rom media, posters, the man in the street and the budgerigars next door neighbour!!

He is and always has been a loyal MFC person

I do not know what events have transpired of late and maybe just maybe he might need a change of scenery , but I'll tell you this..

He has "Elite" footy skills and God knows we have a dearth of his type in our club!

His numbers stack up very well this year and finally

I would hate him to end up at a Freo for example and given Ross Lyons ability with players and turning them into champions... Well you know the rest!

Edited by picket fence
  • Like 1

Girl on facebook claims that Rawlings and Jackson told her dad in the rooms after the game that Watts will be traded and has been informed.

Pretty unprofessional from Rawlings and PJ if that's the case. I call [censored] on this one. Still think he might be traded though.

For what it's worth , Watts was in the assembled group of injured and Casey players who lined up to cheer Cross off the ground after the siren.

He was wearing his Demons' jacket and was as excited as the players as he hugged whomever was nearby.

• Like 2

Hnmm Ok I know Jack Watts but haven't spoken to him for quite a while!!

I'll say this!

He is a sensational sensational person, The sort of guy if your daughter brought home ( forgetting footy ) you would be very happy!

He is a "go with the flow" person, he blends in with many people of all ages social status and volition!

He is a very good sportsman with "elite" awareness , hand eye coordination and ball sport "smarts"

He goes when he has to BUT (and this is my opinion) he hasn't a malicious bone in his body

He is mentally tough as he has copped it rom media, posters, the man in the street and the budgerigars next door neighbour

He is and always has been a loyal MFC person

I do not know what events have transpired of late and maybe just maybe he might need a change of scenery , but I'll tell you this..

He has "Elite" footy skills and God knows we have a dearth of his type in our club!

His numbers stack up very well this year and finally

I would hate him to end up at a Freo for example and given Ross Lyons ability with players and turning them into champions... Well you know the rest!

I like Jack and hope for the best. However, he doesn't have elite footy skills. He's a very good kick, has average peripheral vision in traffic and is shaky overhead. Let's not reinvent history.

I'll go one better

From the Melbourne Football Club FB Page in the final team announcement comments:

Simon Passalick Watts injured apparently

I'll go you even one more better. "Simon Passalick" if that is his real name, is a known, shall we say "NQR" and troll who inhabits any and every MFC social media page he's not yet banned on.

He would not know anything, guaranteed, but he likes to tell you he does. He's a very, very weird unit.

• Like 2

I'll go one better

From the Melbourne Football Club FB Page in the final team announcement comments:

See? It's all a storm in a teacup. It was even reported on SEN.

Roos made it clear he was dropped - see article on AFL website:

"He wasn't Robinson Crusoe, but we still had to pick 22. He was probably more stiff in terms of the guys who did play. He understands that."

Most of what he said about Watts was positive, so unless Roos is pumping up his value.......

I'll go you even one more better. "Simon Passalick" if that is his real name, is a known, shall we say "NQR" and troll who inhabits any and every MFC social media page he's not yet banned on.

He would not know anything, guaranteed, but he likes to tell you he does. He's a very, very weird unit.

But at least I'm able to provide a source.