Jack Watts and kids

I've noticed that when the team run through the banner onto the MCG for each game, Jack Watts inevitably is accompanied by a young child. I don't see other players doing this. Is this something specifically that Jack Watts organises? Or is it a club thing which enables kids to choose any player they want but they always choose Jack Watts? If it's the latter, it shows the popularity of Watts. Does anyone know the backstory?

My daughter ran out with the players a number of weeks ago and they are asked who their favorite player is. They get to keep the jumper, shorts and socks and meet a number of the players before the game. My daughter chose Jack and that is why she ran out with him. the club were wonderful with her and made it a fantastic day for her first game.

• Like 25

..socks?

Your daughter has Jack Watts' socks?

Made out of his hair.

Seriously though the title of this thread could be interpreted any number of ways...

• Like 5

Made out of his hair.

Seriously though the title of this thread could be interpreted any number of ways...

Hmm. Hadn't thought of that. It's a sad indictment on society when alternative interpretations with negative consequences can be made from those four words. Unless anyone thinks it's necessary, though, I'll leave it as it is.

• Like 1

My daughter ran out with the players a number of weeks ago and they are asked who their favorite player is. They get to keep the jumper, shorts and socks and meet a number of the players before the game. My daughter chose Jack and that is why she ran out with him. the club were wonderful with her and made it a fantastic day for her first game.

Not his, the ones the kids wear when they run out through the banner.

We drafted Watts as the big forward we needed..6 years down the track and 6 years of development and what do we have....a player who isn any much better than one of our first year players in Brayshaw, Vandenberg and Hogan. He should be in his prime by now.

We drafted Watts as the big forward we needed..6 years down the track and 6 years of development and what do we have....a player who isn any much better than one of our first year players in Brayshaw, Vandenberg and Hogan. He should be in his prime by now.

This has been done to death. It's not the point of the thread.

The kids love Watts and he is great with the kids, I hope he continues and builds on his good season.

• Like 8

Geelong was saying that about Hawkins v. Selwood surely. For the first 5 years at least.

OK to have a go at Watts and expect more; but insignificant when you consider we let slip Port's next captain, and to a lesser extent Brisbane's current one. Also, I might add, letting that multi-dimensional tall go in Martin (who is in contention for AA), and keeping Spencer and Jamar and co...

Watts is what he is. We picked him. FWIW, I feel better when Watts is playing. He certainly understands Roos/Goodwin's game plan better than any other player.

And finally,

I don't doubt Goodes' hurt for one moment. I feel sorry for him as the football following public are mostly a bunch of simpleton's and sheep anyway. But I tell you what. Jack Watts has had it harder and longer than Goodes has...to be truthfully honest. Not one sulk, when so many would have walked away for less.

Watts might not be the most physically imposing player we have, but I reckon he is mentally tougher than most; including all here, most players, most people full stop....bar Julia Eileen.

pTGR

• Like 6

Geelong was saying that about Hawkins v. Selwood surely. For the first 5 years at least.

OK to have a go at Watts and expect more; but insignificant when you consider we let slip Port's next captain, and to a lesser extent Brisbane's current one. Also, I might add, letting that multi-dimensional tall go in Martin (who is in contention for AA), and keeping Spencer and Jamar and co...

Watts is what he is. We picked him. FWIW, I feel better when Watts is playing. He certainly understands Roos/Goodwin's game plan better than any other player.

And finally,

I don't doubt Goodes' hurt for one moment. I feel sorry for him as the football following public are mostly a bunch of simpleton's and sheep anyway. But I tell you what. Jack Watts has had it harder and longer than Goodes has...to be truthfully honest. Not one sulk, when so many would have walked away for less.

Watts might not be the most physically imposing player we have, but I reckon he is mentally tougher than most; including all here, most players, most people full stop....bar Julia Eileen.

pTGR

Had me right up till the last 3 words. Anyone that needs to change the dictionary definition of a word to grandstand over all and sundry can get stuffed!

Kids AND women love jack watts. Up in Maroochydore after the players went in, Jack wandered back out in his undies to grab a gatorade. A bunch of women there went bananas. It was like the Beatles were back in town.

Then afterwards the kids were all keen for a photo with jack.

I had a chat with him and gee he's a top bloke. Annoys the [censored] out of me when he's playing though! I will add , his last few weeks have been much better

I bet a lot of our female fans would like to have the number 4 on their back.

• Like 7

Definitely LOLed there, Biffen.

Glad the kids like Jack. I've only met him once at a party when he'd first been drafted. He seemed a little shy to me, nice, but shy. He's certainly not shy now. But maybe I was just drunk that night.

• Like 1

Watts is great with fans. Really nice guy, which is surprisingly considering how much unfair criticism he cops. If I was him I would turned my back on fans by now.

My nephew loves him, nothing to do with him being a #1 pick, it's because Wattsy signed his jumper and had a photo with him. Was a big deal, and Jack made it special by being a great guy.

• Like 3

Watts has had his best year!

Pure class. Love when he has the footy and has improved on his urgency tenfold.

I think i read somewhere that Watts has better stats across all areas than Goddard did in the same amount of time.

• Like 4

This has been done to death. It's not the point of the thread.

The kids love Watts and he is great with the kids, I hope he continues and builds on his good season.

agree wholeheartedly, sick to frickin' death 'supporters' getting stuck into Watts, he's been playing well and it wasn't his fault some of his teammates were so insipid last Sunday, thought he did ok

• Like 3

For the sake of footy a small part of me wishes we traded him to a top side as i think the footy public has missed the opportunity to watch an absolute gun had he been surrounded by a team like the hawks. He rarely makes the wrong decision and no one can doubt his skills.

I really hope we get good enough quickly enough so we can really see what he can do

I asked the club to send a video with a birthday message to my son. They obliged and who do you think starred in it. Yes - Jack Watts. At Luna Park earlier this year, the minute he arrived he was swamped and he did not move from that spot until called upon by the club. People whinge and complain about him but he brings people to the club and through his work he keeps the next generation interested when there is little else. He also is the best kick at the club. I do get frustrated just like everyone else but credit where credit is due.

I met Jack at the family day at Luna Park. He was lovely - humble, listened to what we had to say and made plenty of time for every fan ( young and old). My daughter adores him. We have a great photo of the three of us and I can honestly say out of all of the players I met that day, Jack was by far the nicest and most obliging with his time. If I was young enough to run through the banner, I would pick Bernie closely followed by Jack.

• Like 2