Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Post Match Discussion - Round 12 (never in doubt)

Demonland

CIAyyYkUcAADIzU.jpg

Think the club should try and give each new draftee a senior mentor. Who's petracca's? (trengove?)

Omac can have his brother or Dunn.

Stretch/ANB - Vince

King - Jamar/Gawn

Edited by Young Dee

One of the best parts of the game (other than the consistent pressure, tackling and four quarter effort) was the fact that we started with some of the same panicked handballs and stupid turnovers as the last few weeks but after settling into the game we basically eliminated them and reversed the trend so the Cats were the ones making those mistakes.

Hopefully this game gives them real confidence and belief by showing them what it takes to win and what is possible when they provide consistent effort and implement the team structures.

• Like 2

It wasn't as evident at the ground for me, but watching the replay before, Dunn's game was massive. I'd say just about his best game for the club. We didn't have any passengers today. Everyone played their role and we minimised the stupid little errors that had been creeping into our game over the last couple of weeks. That is the benchmark, Melbourne. That is the benchmark. You do that every week and we'll make the 8 next year.

• Like 4

It wasn't as evident at the ground for me, but watching the replay before, Dunn's game was massive. I'd say just about his best game for the club. We didn't have any passengers today. Everyone played their role and we minimised the stupid little errors that had been creeping into our game over the last couple of weeks. That is the benchmark, Melbourne. That is the benchmark. You do that every week and we'll make the 8 next year.

The only thing I don't get with Dunn is how he lets forwards mark the ball a good 5-10m ahead of him. Yeah I get that he's been out bodied or blocked and the forward has got the break but would it kill him to then charge out to catch up and at least get in camera. You never know when a forward will double grab one and what seemed like a pointless effort just became a worthwhile one. Footsteps etc. I don't know, maybe it's just me. But it seems he either wins the contest or if he's well beaten he gives up a little.

A lot of internal praise for Howe. Could suggest that he's staying or just that the club really wants him to

He brought the ball to ground something which we have really struggled with (especially against Collingwood)

A lot of internal praise for Howe. Could suggest that he's staying or just that the club really wants him to

Staying or going he needs to play well for the next 11 weeks. Sometimes I think guys in contract years let the media speculation get to them and then their form dips and the pressure builds and it all gets hard. Coming off an interrupted preseason and being swapped back to the forward line there's probably a bit of pressure on Howe. There's nothing lost in trying to support him a bit. 2 goals and a direct score assist from the tap down, if he's going to have a super quite game then this was a good type of one to have.

• Like 1

wonder if we would have one that if we didnt play Gawn and Spencer

Could be a good combo for us. Should be able to expose Essendope

My old man and I were talking about this as we were leaving the ground. That combo works against a slow side, which Geelong are these days. That doesn't work against a GWS. Still, whacko that it worked today.

Staying or going he needs to play well for the next 11 weeks. Sometimes I think guys in contract years let the media speculation get to them and then their form dips and the pressure builds and it all gets hard. Coming off an interrupted preseason and being swapped back to the forward line there's probably a bit of pressure on Howe. There's nothing lost in trying to support him a bit. 2 goals and a direct score assist from the tap down, if he's going to have a super quite game then this was a good type of one to have.

Today certainly reaffirmed that he's a forward. You'd take 4 possessions, 2 goals and some nice teamwork over 15-20 average possessions out of defence. He's kicked 2 important goals from the boundary in the past two weeks too

• Like 2

Really loved at the end when Roos ran out on the ground, rounded up the players and led them to form a guard of honour for Enright.

Fabulous moment! He made sure we showed our respected to a great of the game.

Great leadership from Roos.

We showed humility in victory...it was an incredibly proud moment.

Well done Roos and our 22 fabulous players on the victory and on the respect shown.

At last the 186 voodoo is dead! Hooray!

Gave a very subdued thumbs up to us at the race too when we were singing his praises as they left the field. Love him. Want him to keep coaching us past 2016. :(

Jeez, what a ripper of a day you've had, AF!!!!!

One of the best days I can remember at the footy. And I go just about every week.

And now I've reached my daily quota for likes.

• Like 1

Gave a very subdued thumbs up to us at the race too when we were singing his praises as they left the field. Love him. Want him to keep coaching us past 2016. :(

One of the best days I can remember at the footy. And I go just about every week.

And now I've reached my daily quota for likes.

Just reset actually

Surely Angus is favourite for the Rising Star now. That intercept mark and charge through the middle was magnificent.

Cripps was pretty damn good yesterday. It's a rubbish award that means very little. Happy to have Gus keep incrementally improving without that spotlight, although I'm sure he'd have no problems dealing with it. Already probably my favourite player.

I went to create the "Changes for Next Week" thread and couldn't do it. Need to let this one settle a bit before I start thinking about which 1-3 players will be very stiff (depending on Garland and vandenBerg with Hogan a given).

I can pretty much guarantee that we won't be beaten next week.

• Like 1

ANB =. The other small forward we needed.

What is so impressive about ANB is his game sense. He knows where the goals are and he knows when to get it on the boot. He's going to be a beauty, I think.

• Like 1

Today certainly reaffirmed that he's a forward. You'd take 4 possessions, 2 goals and some nice teamwork over 15-20 average possessions out of defence. He's kicked 2 important goals from the boundary in the past two weeks too

Nope. Today reaffirmed why he's not a regular forward. Doesn't get the ball enough, probably doesn't read the play well as a forward, isn't creative or hard working enough with his leading and running when forward of the ball.

Intercept possessions aren't as good as goals but they are super valuable and he can bring them down back whilst also stopping his opponent. The reality is that when in form of course he's a forward. Anyone who can take a grab and slot a goal should be as near to the sticks as possible. But if he doesn't work to find the ball or defensively then he needs to be trained up to do that. For some players that means the backline and for some that switch is permanent. That's what happened for Andrew Mackie who was a very similar forward to Howe back in his day and thrived at half back.

He's far from the complete package as a footballer but I'd rather the players pump him up and we stay positive than focus on what we can't change in regard to his contract negotiations and/or desire for a trade.

Haven't read the whole thread but Jeffy deserves another mention. 4 goals in a performance we're almost coming to expect from him. Love your work Jeffy.

Love him. Only needs 5 or 6 kicks and he either kicks goals or sets them up. Really enjoying his goals out the back this year too.

Cripps was pretty damn good yesterday. It's a rubbish award that means very little. Happy to have Gus keep incrementally improving without that spotlight, although I'm sure he'd have no problems dealing with it. Already probably my favourite player.

Still staggers me that Bontempelli lost the thing last year. Lewis Taylor hasn't shown much at all this year, but the Bont is carrying his team to wins.