Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Delistings/trades at end of the season

I know its been speculated upon in the media but Adam Tomlinson definitely wants out. Waiting for Cam McCarthy deal to go through. Would be a nice pairing with hogan. Ideally we would get a second rounder for howe and that might work, otherwise next years second rounder might get it done.

So you are saying that this deal will happen or that Tomlinson wants it to happen?

Wanna make sure I have got it straight...

So you are saying that this deal will happen or that Tomlinson wants it to happen?

Wanna make sure I have got it straight...

seems like any player that wants out of GWS generally gets their way and he hasn't exactly been in there starting 22 consistently.

I know its been speculated upon in the media but Adam Tomlinson definitely wants out. Waiting for Cam McCarthy deal to go through. Would be a nice pairing with hogan. Ideally we would get a second rounder for howe and that might work, otherwise next years second rounder might get it done.

This makes no sense. Who's waiting for Cam McCarthy deal to go through? Surely not GWS. If they lose a contracted KP player in McCarthy, they're not going to extend their generosity and trade another contracted KP player in Tomlinson.

This makes no sense. Who's waiting for Cam McCarthy deal to go through? Surely not GWS. If they lose a contracted KP player in McCarthy, they're not going to extend their generosity and trade another contracted KP player in Tomlinson.

Adam is waiting for it to go through. I didn't say GWS would want to trade him, but that Adam would request a trade. Hopefully melbourne would at least enquire and present a possible deal. They do have a history of trading contracted players, Tyson, Boyd and Curtly Hampton just today to name a few.

Adam is waiting for it to go through. I didn't say GWS would want to trade him, but that Adam would request a trade. Hopefully melbourne would at least enquire and present a possible deal. They do have a history of trading contracted players, Tyson, Boyd and Curtly Hampton just today to name a few.

I think you've got your wires crossed. If McCarthy stays, there's hope for Tomlinson to get a trade.

Facebook scenario:

Watts to hawks for pick 15 (on the back of an sen caller) - pick 6 and 15 to Sydney for Parker

must be happy hour already....by joves !!

• 3 years later...
On Sunday, June 07, 2015 at 10:05 PM, spirit of norm smith said:

we will go nowhere if we tolerate sub standard players such as Bail, Terlich, Matt Jones, Fitz, Spencer etc. They play one good game and 5 shockers. Lack intensity and skills for the pressures of AFL at the top level.

We haven't learnt too much these past 4-5 years we still keep nqr fringe players for too long. An example is JKH who's been on the list for 7 years for an average of 5.5 games a year.

24 minutes ago, drysdale demon said:

Why unbelievable ? They have plenty of time to do it.

We have a generation of supporters who expect everything to happen straight away.  They can't wait for it or understand the process behind it.

Just look at thread calling for Jones to stand down as captain.  Tex does it so they demand Jones does it straight away as well.  

We can't really be surprised with their attitude.  It's just the way it is.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, COOLX said:

Why did we give Jones a year extension , stupid , stupid move. Gold Coast wouldn't consider him whatsoever.  I am waiting for the C.Sylvia / Watts lovers to come out in force.

Cool posting name. Fun start to your time on dl too. Incisive stuff.

On 9/4/2019 at 4:58 AM, samcantstandya said:

We haven't learnt too much these past 4-5 years we still keep nqr fringe players for too long. An example is JKH who's been on the list for 7 years for an average of 5.5 games a year.

I can't stand posts like this. Do you think that Melbourne is unique in this? I can guarantee you that every list in the AFL has 5-10 or possibly more fringe players. They are an essential part of any list build. If you think you should just have your best 22 and then your developing players then you have no hope. I'm not suggesting that we should keep all our fringe players that would be mad, but delisting them all and replacing them with late draft picks is just [censored] stupid. 

Occasionally The fringe players step up, but more often They just play VFL footy for years then get delisted. Shai Bolton and Dan Butler were both fringe players at the start of the year, Bolton has stepped up Butler is still on the fringe but people around here want to bring him to the club while simultaneously complaining we have to many fringe players. Each to their own.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

We have a generation of supporters who expect everything to happen straight away.  They can't wait for it or understand the process behind it.

Just look at thread calling for Jones to stand down as captain.  Tex does it so they demand Jones does it straight away as well.  

We can't really be surprised with their attitude.  It's just the way it is.

Your not wrong there.

12 minutes ago, ArtificialWisdom said:

I can't stand posts like this. Do you think that Melbourne is unique in this? I can guarantee you that every list in the AFL has 5-10 or possibly more fringe players. They are an essential part of any list build. If you think you should just have your best 22 and then your developing players then you have no hope. I'm not suggesting that we should keep all our fringe players that would be mad, but delisting them all and replacing them with late draft picks is just [censored] stupid. 

Occasionally The fringe players step up, but more often They just play VFL footy for years then get delisted. Shai Bolton and Dan Butler were both fringe players at the start of the year, Bolton has stepped up Butler is still on the fringe but people around here want to bring him to the club while simultaneously complaining we have to many fringe players. Each to their own.

That's exactly why clubs delist players every year, up to a dozen sometimes

4 minutes ago, ArtificialWisdom said:

Spot on aw. A related issue is that tbe talent pool of players who are able to play AFL football is too small. Look at how many mature aged players are being recruited from the vfl, wafl and sanfl. 

800 players needed. All need a level of athleticism that the game only demanded of 25% of a list 20 years ago. With soccer and basketball making huge inroads in tbat time there simply are not enough elite level athletes. So as you say every team will have to have their share of fringe players

The advantage the top clubs have is tbat sustained success supports good depth. Players have access to strong, well resourced and long established development programs (not to mention accesd to state of the art facilities). And those clubs find it easier to attract better players.

The above is one factor that works against the AFLs efforts to use the draft to support teams rising up the ladder. But even a club as successful as the hawks start to suffer when they lose their best ayers and their fringe players have to play.

This issue is one more reason why next year is so important. We can't afford to stay near the bottom or even mid table.we also desperately need elite facilities. Our current set up is a joke.

• Like 2