Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Post Match Discussion, Pontification and Prayer

Demonland

Victory breed emnity,

The defeated one sleeps poorly,

The peaceful one sleeps easy having given up victory and defeat.

The Buddha.

As probably the only Melbourne supporter to have meditated for 6 hours yesterday and left a Buddhist monastery this morning to go to the MCG,I used the quote above to keep myself peaceful,just thought I'd offer it here for an substitute for drugs,alcohol,punching holes through walls,burning down the MFC,player witch hunts ect.

Amen!

• Like 1

I really don't know what to say. Its just sad. I feel sorry, for the club and the supporters who care about it, for myself. I think its time to take an interest in something else.

• Like 4

Oh, harden the [censored] up. I hope that's a facetious comment.

I knew it wouldnt take long for the club suckholes to get home from the game and start posting apologetic rubbish. He has every right to post what he did, as the evidence is overwhelming. If you cant stand the truth, go and join the Essendrug fanboi site.

Edited by ding
  • Like 6

MELBOURNE coach Paul Roos has told his players to forget about Saturday's 105-point loss to Hawthorn and he has no plans to show them a replay as part of the team's review.

The coach suggested his players could even be granted extra days off this week as the club prepares to audit their workload and conditioning after a sluggish performance at the MCG.

Roos said injury management was a big issue for the Demons after Jesse Hogan was withdrawn pre-game with soreness and Christian Salem was substituted with a hamstring injury.

Wow 20 years ago if a team had a loss like that there would be a 6am bring your mouth guards training session where it was an all out no holds back training.

YOu also have to think Roos has never been in this position as coach where the team gets belted a lot. So I guess he has to find a way to get confidence back into the boys.

Right so if we play totally crap then we get a few extra days off.......not really sure what message this is sending.....what happened to 6am swim in the bay

• Like 1

Agree that we need PJ to come out and make a stand, reassure us... something, ANYTHING. Because right now (and after the GWS thrashing) all I see is a doomed club that will fold by the next broadcast rights agreement.

PJ is working his guts out to better this club, it's a pity his playing list continually let's all and sundry down. We are only 6 games into the season and Roos says the players are tired...WTF?

Victory breed emnity,

The defeated one sleeps poorly,

The peaceful one sleeps easy having given up victory and defeat.

The Buddha.

As probably the only Melbourne supporter to have meditated for 6 hours yesterday and left a Buddhist monastery this morning to go to the MCG,I used the quote above to keep myself peaceful,just thought I'd offer it here for an substitute for drugs,alcohol,punching holes through walls,burning down the MFC,player witch hunts ect.

Emerald I am meditating too I am still in the Southern Stand. Gee it is dark! Where is everyone?

• Like 3

The last few weeks feel like going back in time,the line up looks more and more like the Neeld team each week,so does the scoreboard,so does the supporters sanity.

The last 8 years must have really desensitised me to these sorts of performances. I left the game disappointed obviously, but not tearing my precious hair out. My pre game prediction of a 78-point loss was optimistic unfortunately, the Hawks far too efficient moving the ball forward and in front of goal. The difference in pressure was certainly unacceptable and it's up to us to force opponents into error, but really, it was largely an unsurprising flogging of the worst 22 fielded under Roos by the reigning premiers who couldn't miss.

The absolute clown comments from poons like Kennett I just roll my eyes at. Yes, this was a poor display, but after the Richmond win, every Melbourne supporter not partial to the crack pipe knew we would get done the next three weeks, and probably find it tough to get close to any of the clear best three teams in the comp. we just aren't in the same league sadly.

Chin up and move forward. While we need to continue to make every post a winner at the trade and draft tables after being royally Prendergasted, today doesn't change the fact that the core group of youngsters at the club remains promising. Hogan, Viney, Salem, Tyson, McDonald, JFK, Brayshaw, Petracca, Kent, Frost and Stretch are all under 23. Yes, all clubs have good youngsters, but I'm no less confident in the people at the club to get the best out of these players now than I was at 2pm today.

• Like 11

Spencer was decent today. He needs to inprove his hit outs, but a ruckman is measured by a lot more than that these days.

So how is he measured these days?

Spencil, the tallest guy on our team, took zero marks, had 2 kicks and 5 handballs. ZERO MARKS FFS!!!

Lots of guys had an average day today, he wasn't the only one, but we really need a decent ruckman next year. If he or Gawn want that spot, one of them needs to put a stamp on it or risk being cast adrift.

• Like 1

Geez just watched the Roos pressor and I have to say it seems like it was just excuse after excuse.

Maybe Roos has met his match with our club.

Edited by DemonOX
  • Like 3

Booze, condoms, tissues and stick mags. Nice

A much better flogging than what was on the tele today.

• Like 1

I wonder which loss was worse? 100+ points to Hawthorn, or 70+ to GWS?

EDIT: Or the likely 100+ thrashing coming up to the Gold Coast? Oh, wait, nobody cares about Gold Coast.

Edited by Lamashtu
  • Like 1

I mean, we are talking about whether you'd rather eat dog poo or a drunkard's vomit, but GWS had 40 scoring shots to 12.

That's [censored] pitiful by Carlton. How ironic, after all these years, that the pair of us are back at the, seemingly, bottomless pit of the AFL ladder.

How ironic we play each other so late in the season. Can only imagine what the story of the game will be once we get that far into the season, and that close to the salvation of top draft picks.

• Like 1

I mean, we are talking about whether you'd rather eat dog poo or a drunkard's vomit, but GWS had 40 scoring shots to 12.

And someting like 78 inside 50s to 30 something. GWS kick straight and it is a slaughter. But yeah so what.

• Like 1

Can any of you poor bastards out there who were around when Norm Smith and Barrassi were shown the door and we entered our current premiership drought let me know if the current stench of hopelessness that hovers around our club feels like it did 50 years ago? I just want to know if I'll never see a premiership in my life time.

No, because I for one believed the nonsense that the incompetents served up, for example the "great white hopes" who turned out to be duds, I didn't know about the born to win mentality without doing the hard work like Carlton and Hawthorn.

But to misquote Red Gum God help me I was only 14

Anyone feeling bad about our loss today can take some solace from tonight's match in the west.

It's only 3QT and Gold Coast are already losing by more than we were at FT. What in God's name has happened to that club? Suffice to say, I feel no sympathy for them after all the draft concessions they got (not dissimilar to how other team's supporters probably view us after all our butchered draft picks).

To any [censored] wit that thought Matt jones and Rohan bail were decent players, pleasantly stick a rod up ya clacker. What a disgrace. Bail is a fkn joke. I could carry on, but I am too [censored]. I called it early this week in a thread that was deleted

. Lost the game at the selection table. Never again

• Like 4