THE SAGA CONTINUES - WADA APPEALS

No, for Andrews it is not the Essendonian coterie...it is the 'Spring Street Bombers' which came into being last October.

Its a simple thing to check and get right.

Otherwise the generalisations in your other posts on this topic can easily be doubted.

the "Spring Street Bombers" have been in existence for some years as an informal organisation, but it is true it was formalised last year partly in response getting the EFC more political clout. I'm told Essendon have been one of the more active AFL clubs in Spring street for some years, and can partly explain their powerful supporter base, I would suggest second only to Collingwood.

You might like to refute any other points I make, but most of the predictions I have made through this saga have been proven to be correct, but you don't get everything right of course, mostly because you rely on others to give you information.

What has your strike rate been like? Or do you just sit on the fence and criticise?

Edited by Dees2014

the "Spring Street Bombers" have been in existence for some years as an informal organisation, but it is true it was formalised last year partly in response getting the EFC more political clout. I'm told Essendon have been one of the more active AFL clubs in Spring street for some years, and can partly explain their powerful supporter base, I would suggest second only to Collingwood.

You might like to refute any other points I make, but most of the predictions I have made through this saga have been proven to be correct, but you don't get everything right of course, mostly because you rely on others to give you information.

What has your strike rate been like? Or do you just sit on the fence and criticise?

It is pretty obvious from my posts on this topic that I do not sit on the fence!

I'm not critising per se...noting as others, have that your posts include generalisations and what might be considered 'wishful thinking'.

So the blueprint for beating a doping ban is to:

a) destroy records

b) drag out the process through spurious legal action

c) generate sympathetic media coverage

d) thumb your nose at authorities

e) obfuscate authorities at every opportunity

f) blame doping authorities for dragging the chain and for botching the investigation

That will work well for future cases. World sport will be ruined forever.

The players have not missed one game. Compare that to the many Olympians that have received long bans OR who have missed one Olympic games (effectively a life ban for many). They simply cannot let the players off. The major reason they have gone on this long is the actions of their own club and themselves.

Think that just about covers it Jnr

and is the most ignored feature of the whole saga

I believe it is also the difference between the "intention" that WADA can rule on and the comfortable satisfaction that AFL had as a benchmark. I read some of the decision of the AFL tribunal and found I had much sympathy with the tribunal members, even though my level of satisfaction was not as rigid. (I didnt have to report to a very large and critical audience) Also my concept of intention may be a bit more highly aroused.

I am also interested in someone calling Hird out to tell the "truth that needs to come out" and perhaps asking him while doing that what was the intention of the program they undertook without records.

There do appear to be serious issues with government involvement at all levels and it will be interesting to see if that is identified through the ongoing procedures.

• Like 1

An article by Caroline Wilson: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/in-afls-scheme-of-things-hird-was-not-such-a-big-deal-20150821-gj51m2.htmlwhere she rehashes some old stuff but it is about the Gils's reaction to Hird going which was the day of the new TV rights announcement.

These two lines amused me:-

- McLachlan said he had spent a total seven seconds thinking about Hird that day (ie the day Hird resigned/sacked)

- On Gillon McLachlan's biggest day since taking on the job, James Hird finished up the steak knives...!!!

Is it just set down for one day? (ie, are they only expecting the matter to take one day?)

5-7 days is what is reported.

If we thought matters were bizarre before, this new Supreme Court action takes it to a whole new level.

He sounds like another Hird mouthpiece.

I guess Hird has to do something with all his spare time.

This is probably just the start of his anti AFL campaign but uses other people throw the stones.

Article doesn't say on whose behalf the writ has been lodged.

It could be a ploy to demand documents from the AFL so as to plan a future move.

Edited by Lucifer's Hero

somehow its simply everyone/anyone's else's fault other than ........Essendon

the're the victims you understand !! :rolleyes:

good luck with that Mr Taylor

• Like 1

the thing is, if the afl have been involved in deceptive conduct, it has been to PROTECT essendon.

ringing them up to tell them theres an investigation? PROTECTING.

kicking them out of finals as a result of bad governance? PROTECTING so that they can punish the club without punishing the players.

ESSENDON are the ones who ran the black ops drug regime.

• Like 2

If we thought matters were bizarre before, this new Supreme Court action takes it to a whole new level.

I agree with a lot of that article. Essendon aren't the only organisation to have acted poorly.

Fitzpatrick is named, this is the same [censored] that let Carltank do their thing, even after reports of tanking in the media but let it slide, but Melbourne? Hang them out to dry!

String the lot of them and their self congratulating, hand in pocket, self interested, conflict of interest bully boy mates club mentality.

Essendon should get what's coming and so should those governing that ignored, aided and profited.

• Like 3

On whom is the onus of proof for allegations of perjury?

What is the standard of proof required?

Surely most accused in serious criminal matters indulge in at least "a little bit of perjury ", don't they?