Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

The Incredible Hulk - Jesse Hogan

McQueen

52 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

It's delusions.  If you're going to troll you could at least look like you know what you're talking about.

Ah, no clown,  an illusion is an idea or belief that is not true

4 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

No  Ill bloody well judge him on what hes supposed to be doing kick goals...and in the open hes not that marvelous at it and had no consistency.  Hes really good at involving himself in the game . His subtle pays are gold but his goal kicking  meh . 

None of his "points " were unachievable as goals ....I offer evidence in one JW. He can kick

but everyone here said leave him alone, his [censored] kicking action is effective and his conversion rate is excellent - [censored] lol

someone better start teaching him how to re-wire his technique and kick like a footballer

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, gOLLy said:

The Hogan's hero's segment at one of the breaks is a absolute disgrace.

They need to get guys without the beer gut who can actually get off the ground to take the specky.

23 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

He is not a FF.  He is a CHF

Sam Weideman should be our FF

Tend to agree, always seems to play better when up the ground

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, loges said:

Tend to agree, always seems to play better when up the ground

yes but he cant kick goals from more than 35 metres out...look at his numbers... and he's honest not breathtaking around the ground.

Anyway he and Wattsy will be at Freo so it doesnt really matter

1 hour ago, Ted Fidge said:

The run up is different every single time. His ball drop is variable because of it. He needs to come in off 5 or 7 paces instead of a Wes Hall pushing off the sightscreen run up.

His amount of steps, stuttering and veering out to the right is different almost each shot. You can't expect to be kicking accurately when it differs so much, surely he and the coaches will work heavily on this?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Wiseblood said:

I know what an illusion is.  You don't know what a delusion is.

The saying is 'delusions of grandeur.'  Go and look it up if you need to.  

Whose the clown now?

Game, set, match, Wiseblood :)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, beelzebub said:

makes you wonder iin a sense ( perhaps not ) why our post Neeld  recruiting team have targeted some decent forwards who CAN kick

Maybe Hogans future isnt as we think

I'm annoyed at his kicking the last couple of weeks, but he will still be an absolute gun. Hopefully with us, not Fremantle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Django said:

I'm annoyed at his kicking the last couple of weeks, but he will still be an absolute gun. Hopefully with us, not Fremantle.

Ah, so do I but many here supposed, not without good cause, that JH was to be our Ff..goal kicker of the century. 

I'm not of this thinking as such. He seems far happier and productive when he comes up the ground. Far better suited as a CHF who can, dare I say it play through the guts also. I don't think he should be caged in the square sts.  Next season, or possibly later this one Weed may get a run and then I think we'll see a whole new dynamic build. Hogan, Weed and Watts. Can't wait.

16 hours ago, Django said:

2.6 over two weeks isn't good enough from any forward. Kicking needs work, or something is off. He kicked 7.1 only a couple of weeks ago.

Those are some Cloke level stats right there.

Fix the set shot routine. The Ox was on the money. To those who say his ratio goals to behinds (which doesn't include oob) is ok, I say it would be much better with a straight, smooth approach. Yesterday is was laughable. All the great right foot kpf's throughout the last 40 years had a smooth straight approach, and I don't include JKennedy in that club. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

Fix the set shot routine. The Ox was on the money. To those who say his ratio goals to behinds (which doesn't include oob) is ok, I say it would be much better with a straight, smooth approach. Yesterday is was laughable. All the great right foot kpf's throughout the last 40 years had a smooth straight approach, and I don't include JKennedy in that club. 

Kennedy has the added advantage he can really roost it.  Hogan outside 40 is touch and go to make the distance from a set shot though on the run he has no problems.

Edited by america de cali
  • Like 2

People continuously overlook the fact that he is left-hand dominant, (Tasks/activities with his left hand. Eg; Playing tennis, writing, drinking tea, shaking hands etc).

However, weirdly enough he is right-foot dominant. 

That is a [censored] up of hemispheres and I'm sure this makes it extremely difficult for the brain to make his set-shot routine look 'smooth'.

If people knew that, they wouldn't bang on about it. And I wish commentators would get the mail on this too because it's becoming infuriating. 

His run up is what it is and if he feels most comfortable kicking this way, then he should be left to it. Especially given the uniqueness of having two opposing limbs that are dominant.

We all know he lacks penetration. But that's always been the case and I don't think he'll ever change that significantly. 

Edited by stevethemanjordan

Just now, stevethemanjordan said:

People continuously overlook the fact that he is left-hand dominant, (Tasks/activities with his left hand. Eg; Playing tennis, writing, drinking tea, shaking hands etc).

That is a [censored] up of hemispheres and I'm sure this makes it extremely difficult for the brain to make his set-shot routine look 'smooth'.

If people knew that, they wouldn't bang on about it. And I wish commentators would get the mail on this too because it's becoming infuriating. 

His run up is what it is and if he feels most comfortable kicking this way, then he should be left to it. Especially given the uniqueness of having two opposing limbs that are dominant.

We all know he lacks penetration. But that's always been the case and I don't think he'll even change that significantly. 

problem is steve, he obviously doesn't feel comfortable with it, that is plain to see

whatever the reason (excuse?) it needs to be fixed. he doesn't have the problem on the run

so, stop making excuses and accept it is a real problem that needs serious work or he will be destined to fall short of his potential, which no-one wants to see

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, stevethemanjordan said:

We all know he lacks penetration. But that's always been the case and I don't think he'll even change that significantly. 

Big deal.

So was Flower and countless others.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, daisycutter said:

problem is steve, he obviously doesn't feel comfortable with it, that is plain to see

whatever the reason (excuse?) it needs to be fixed. he doesn't have the problem on the run

so, stop making excuses and accept it is a real problem that needs serious work or he will be destined to fall short of his potential, which no-one wants to see

Excuses?

Mate, everyone has a little more penetration on the run. But a set shot is not an on the run kick and Hogan has always lacked penetration.

He can kick 50 if he runs around on a slight arc but you minimise your chances of making sweet contact if you do that which is why sometimes he doesn't get the distance.

But in general, he is not a booming kick.

How can you say he doesn't feel comfortable with that routine if it's the one he's had since coming to the club? Do you mean to say that you don't feel comfortable with it? 

That would make more sense.

I know he's only a young kid, but if he kicks those goals early yesterday, who knows. I feel he would have last year. 

Given the limited opportunities we had, we simply needed to dob the easy ones and he had a couple of them yesterday and missed. It's such a psychological blow. You feel like you're working so hard to create scoring chances and when you finally do, your gun CHF misses very gettable shots multiple times.

Scoreboard pressure is a wonderful thing. It's also a big momentum driver. This is where I see the improvement coming in the next few years. In 12-18 months, Hogan would be grabbing that game by the scruff of the neck (ala Stringer) and influencing the game in a big, big way. That's what stars do. I'd hope your Oliver's, Viney's and Petracca's are also capable. Not sure a Nathan Jones is. At least, against really top opposition.

You could tell pretty early on yesterday that we weren't on and so often when this is the case, we'll fall over, fumble, run into each other, take the wrong option and generally the luck doesn't go our way. It was just one of those days, but it clearly defined for me where we're at. There's simply too much inexperience and as Roos said, we need about 15 or 16 players playing well for us to win. We're not there yet and we won't be this year. But that's not to say we won't win 10-12 games though and finish on the cusp of the 8.

Edited by AdamFarr
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, stevethemanjordan said:

Interesting.

Is this why he seems to circle the ball over both feet at different points in his run-up? Sometimes I can't tell which foot he's actually going to use.

11 minutes ago, Choke said:

Interesting.

Is this why he seems to circle the ball over both feet at different points in his run-up? Sometimes I can't tell which foot he's actually going to use.

The ball is always positioned more favourably in his left hand on his approach which is what makes it look like he's left-footed. He also takes his first step with his left foot, (I think).

It's unorthodox, but works for him. The last few steps and then the ball drop are usually fine. It's everything before that, that looks like a mess.

Edited by stevethemanjordan
  • Like 1