Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POST MATCH DISCUSSION - ROUND 1, 2015

Demonland

I've said it a lot before but a big problem with our kicking is the fact we did not run hard enough. If you are trying to pinpoint a player under pressure you are going to stink it up often. Yes we have a few who do it while under no pressure but I think in a lot of cases the pressure is self or team inflicted because we do n't run, spread and create options for each other. When everyone is running you don't need so much to hit targets, you only need to kick the ball into the right space. Its a subtle difference but kicking to space is a lot easier. And a player can run onto the ball making the kicker look like a dead eye [censored].

YEsterday we ran hard all day. It was back to the Bailey days where we ran and created options left right and centre. Plus we had some defence as well. The turnover were noticeably lower and without seeing the stats I bet the kicking efficiency was a lot higher

The scoreboard seemed to be quoting us at 71% and the Suns at 68% IIRC ...

The only bit that concerns me is this looks to be very close to our best team (save for Dawes & Vince) We could do with a bit of luck with injuries and we might need that luck if we're to make our mark on the season.

We don't need any luck on the injury front. We've always had such a good run on that side eh... shhhhh :ph34r:

He actually looked pretty good OD ... he had to be amongst the best I would have thought.

He always "looks" pretty good hardtack. But how did he play exactly? :lol:

21185_732202516877703_534375609278830797

Credit: MFC supporters page on facebook. (Don't know the original source)

I've been bland on the avatar front since 186, but this one is tempting...

Stay positive Tracca, your turn round 1 next season son!

• Like 1

So.. looks like we will finish 3rd or 4th on the ladder. Who's got the stat for when the last time that happened was?

Of course we all had a great time yesterday and some glory is much deserved.

There was a heap to be positive about.

BUT it was only one game of football. We have seen this before and it proved to be a false dawn

I need to see it every single week, starting with GWS, who we should absolutely be favourites now to beat (we are paying 2.85 FFS)

On a side note, Tommy Boy was rated in fantasy points as the 3rd worst player on the ground today. LOL.

So.. looks like we will finish 3rd or 4th on the ladder. Who's got the stat for when the last time that happened was?

Of course we all had a great time yesterday and some glory is much deserved.

There was a heap to be positive about.

BUT it was only one game of football. We have seen this before and it proved to be a false dawn

I need to see it every single week, starting with GWS, who we should absolutely be favourites now to beat (we are paying 2.85 FFS)

On a side note, Tommy Boy was rated in fantasy points as the 3rd worst player on the ground today. LOL.

2004 we were 1st, after beating Hawthorn (who were shithouse at the time), about 3/4 into the season. I remember being at the MCG at the day when it was announced VERY clearly.

so is there no replay unless you subscribe to the afl pass thing?

If you buy a Digital Membership for ~$70 from the Dees online shop it's a good excuse to help the club and get the AFL Live Pass...

2004 we were 1st, after beating Hawthorn (who were shithouse at the time), about 3/4 into the season.

Yeah there can't have been a time since then that we would have been top 4, as we have lost all our first rounds and generally continued to lose from there

Few records have been smashed

I'm sure it's been posted elsewhere, I have missed most of the chatter, but last year we averaged 61 points for, so yesterday was 9 goals above our 2014 average score. Staggering.

Stay positive Tracca, your turn round 1 next season son!

Nothing we can do about Petracca not being able to play for us this year but if we want to turn a negative into a positive, he'll be like a bonus new player for us next season ... and if our luck turns with regards to out top end draft picks, he'll be a good player as well.

Fingers crossed for Trengove also and, there's a very good chance we will have another fruitful off-season (if the last 2 off-seasons are any indication) The future looks quite bright all of a sudden.

Edited by Macca

If you buy a Digital Membership for ~$70 from the Dees online shop it's a good excuse to help the club and get the AFL Live Pass...

http://membership.melbournefc.com.au/packages/view/202/Digital-Armchair-Membership

Do you know if that deal gives you access online to MFC games ONLY (it doesn't say)

I'm assuming it must be MFC only because the AFL pass is about $150

Yes Roos has said publicly that he rates Toumpas as having elite skills but what worries him about him is that he is too hard on himself. Obviously some people constantly remind him of the comparison to Ollie Wines since we drafted him above Ollie. In Roos view, this has put far to much pressure on him and he has been unable to play his natural game.

I rememvber when he was first drafted and played his first NAB Cup game at Ethiad, he did some sublimely skilful things (incidentally the first game we saw the wonderful skill of Jesse Hogan) and I thought wow we have a star here. He has never lived up to it, presumably as PR says because. "He puts too much pressure on himself"

I agree re Toump's poise and graceful (skills) side but today's game requires you to make some very quick decision making in terms of disposal or holding on to the ball and taking on opponents etc. While Toump looks great in space and is def nice by foot when given enough time/space, i feel his decision making and thinking is still a yard or 2 behind what is required at today's super quick level. Opponents also run at break neck speed for most of the match and are capable of closing down space much quicker than at VFL level where Toump has so far played alot of his footy. I also feel this lack of quickness in decision making and movement when in possession makes him a little easier to read than most allowing opponents to intercept or pressure him into turning the ball over a little more.

Time will tell but i feel he will need to speed up his decision making, agility and disposals to make it at this level. I'm not saying he wont or that he can't either. Just think he has limitations at AFL level until this aspect is improved significantly. Maybe it's a chicken an egg thing and he just needs more time in the AFL rather than the VFL to improve in certain aspects although i'm not sure we are strong enough as a team (yet) to afford such a luxury other than against lowly rated opponents.

Edited by Rusty Nails

Nothing we can do about Petracca not being able to play for us this year but if we want to turn a negative into a positive, he'll be like a bonus new player for us next season ...

Yep, exactly like Jesse Hogan is after he had to sit out his first year.

I am sure Jesse is giving him moral support and that Christian was inspired by his performance yesterday knowing that he too will have to wait an extra 12 months like Hogan did but the rewards will come.

Edited by hogans_heroes

2004 we were 1st, after beating Hawthorn (who were shithouse at the time), about 3/4 into the season. I remember being at the MCG at the day when it was announced VERY clearly.

Won our first three games of 2005 and were on our way to 25-0 when Guerra ruined Bruce's shoulder and our season went south.

Yeah there can't have been a time since then that we would have been top 4, as we have lost all our first rounds and generally continued to lose from there

Few records have been smashed

I'm sure it's been posted elsewhere, I have missed most of the chatter, but last year we averaged 61 points for, so yesterday was 9 goals above our 2014 average score. Staggering.

We were last in the top 4 in Round 21, 2006, after beating North by 50 points at the G (our most recent win against them) and drawing with Geelong in Geelong (our most recent non-loss to Geelong).

We then got belted by Adelaide in Adelaide (when Bartram got injured IIRC?) to slip out of the top 4, putting us 7th and in the Elimination Final against St Kilda.

Edited by titan_uranus
  • Like 1

I was there yesterday. I've only just got my voice back. I don't want to go too early, but I think my faith is about to be rewarded.

I still don't have mine back. But i really just couldn't care less :)

• Like 1