Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Aaron vandenBerg

They do.

They are educated on this kind of stuff now days. Every club has that couple of over obsessed fan who put their heart and soul into the club. Its basically a respect and polite manner attitude in front of these supporters.

Elderly men acting as fanboys around AFL players isn't my idea of comedy. If I had someone I didn't know hanging around my workplace asking inane personal questions, I'd be worried. But I'm sure the AFL players are told to react in a polite way.

I can actually hold conversations, not just hide behind a keyboard, can offer you some help, advice or counselling if you need it, just in case you want to talk to one of the players

Said before don't type everything I am told, had a real good conversation with Brendan McCartney the other day, most of which I haven't passed on

They must be polite, otherwise two of them wouldn't have distracted me whilst Max Gawn stole my scooter the other week. gee boys will be boys

Back on topic, Aaron appreciated the joke, had a couple of good chats to him about the journey from NEAFL to AFL, the players actually appreciate the interest, rather than just demanding a selfie, he doesn't mind identifyiing with NSW

Said before if you don't like what I type, don't read it, I think I can handle the rejection

• Like 2

I can actually hold conversations, not just hide behind a keyboard, can offer you some help, advice or counselling if you need it, just in case you want to talk to one of the players

Said before don't type everything I am told, had a real good conversation with Brendan McCartney the other day, most of which I haven't passed on

They must be polite, otherwise two of them wouldn't have distracted me whilst Max Gawn stole my scooter the other week. gee boys will be boys

Back on topic, Aaron appreciated the joke, had a couple of good chats to him about the journey from NEAFL to AFL, the players actually appreciate the interest, rather than just demanding a selfie, he doesn't mind identifyiing with NSW

Said before if you don't like what I type, don't read it, I think I can handle the rejection

Wasn't having a go at you mate just stating a fact that some AFL clubs get educated on this..

Wasn't having a go at you mate just stating a fact that some AFL clubs get educated on this..

I get to meet and interact with the players on other occasions besides training, they all know I post on here, they like to get their views across so use me, they also know they can't be controversial either.

I also get told if I can't post something they told me.

I have known Nate Jones, Russian, Dunny, Col Garland, Nev Jetta, Jack Watts and a few others for quite a few years now and because the newer players see them talking to me, they know I can be 'trusted', quite easy really.

I was interested in the Vandenberg story so made a point of having a couple of chats with him, having lived in the ACT and my lady coming from a similar small country town in NSW to Tathra had quite a lot of common ground, he also enjoyed the fact I made a point of wearing a shirt with NSW on it and said it was to honour his effort against Richmond

• Like 1

Elderly men acting as fanboys around AFL players isn't my idea of comedy. If I had someone I didn't know hanging around my workplace asking inane personal questions, I'd be worried. But I'm sure the AFL players are told to react in a polite way.

Look, lay off. Players enjoy it as long as people aren't being a dick about it. They work hard to get where they are and like to talk about what they do, even if it is in a joking and self deprecating style.

How do I know this? I grew up surrounded by the greats of the club. At most BBQ's there was at least one or two greats of the 50's and 60's there. Norm Smith was at my parents wedding. Why is that, you ask? Because my uncle is a triple premiership player that later captained the club. Do the maths and you'll know who I am talking about.

Leave DVI alone, FFS. They talk to him because they like talking to him, and because he talks to them as humans rather than demi gods. Which, funnily enough, is they way they prefer.

PM me if you really want proof, but for those that only want to argue the point don't be butthurt when I ignore you.

• Like 9

Look, lay off. Players enjoy it as long as people aren't being a [censored] about it. They work hard to get where they are and like to talk about what they do, even if it is in a joking and self deprecating style.

How do I know this? I grew up surrounded by the greats of the club. At most BBQ's there was at least one or two greats of the 50's and 60's there. Norm Smith was at my parents wedding. Why is that, you ask? Because my uncle is a triple premiership player that later captained the club. Do the maths and you'll know who I am talking about.

Leave DVI alone, FFS. They talk to him because they like talking to him, and because he talks to them as humans rather than demi gods. Which, funnily enough, is they way they prefer.

PM me if you really want proof, but for those that only want to argue the point don't be butthurt when I ignore you.

UF i know who you are talking about.

Thats pretty cool.

Look, lay off. Players enjoy it as long as people aren't being a [censored] about it. They work hard to get where they are and like to talk about what they do, even if it is in a joking and self deprecating style.

I get your point, but it is also a footy forum. Majority of the banter that goes Saty's way is very tongue in cheek. We all cop our fair share, i know i certainly have.

Saty/DVI's work on here is highly appreciated, and he receives a lot of praise and admiration for it. If he can't cop a little bit of light vitriol in regards to his scooter, and love of stating how he talks to the players, then he should stay off the internet. Because in a funny, [censored] up way, we are all weird friends. And if i was having a convo with Saty/DVI in the pub over a beer, probing him for training info (like i do on here), i would give him stick about the same things he get's stick about on here. Because that's what mates do.

Edited by The Song Formerly Known As
  • Like 2

Good pcik up.

Interesting though that he identifies with being a "NSW boy"

"Being a NSW boy I didn't have too much exposure to Melbourne footy club last year but since I have been here the coaches are adamant in what they want to get across and how they are going to do it and how we are going to play and we did that tonight that win was massive for Melbourne, massive.

I get your point, but it is also a footy forum. Majority of the banter that goes Saty's way is very tongue in cheek. We all cop our fair share, i know i certainly have.

Saty/DVI's work on here is highly appreciated, and he receives a lot of praise and admiration for it. If he can't cop a little bit of light vitriol in regards to his scooter, and love of stating how he talks to the players, then he should stay off the internet. Because in a funny, [censored] up way, we are all weird friends. And if i was having a convo with Saty/DVI in the pub over a beer, probing him for training info (like i do on here), i would give him stick about the same things he get's stick about on here. Because that's what mates do.

Yeah, I'm with you, but there is an element that goes past that in right into the nasty.

Anyway, on the Iceburg (I just made that name up - how cool am I?) A mate at work (also a dee-tragic) was over the moon when we picked him up. Reckoned he was a real find. Played juniors with him or something. I only get to see him for about 8 seconds a week (ie he's working now as I have my 4 days off), but I'm hoping to corner the lad and find out a bit more about the enigma that is VanDemon-iceburg, or whatever his real name is.

• Like 3

Rofl

Man I wish I'd seen that.

Max sounds like a character.

• Like 1

Kelly O'Donnell says hi

Actually I read or saw an interview with him and he said his Ainslee Coach was friends with Georgie Stone and rang him and told him to come and have a look. It would probably have been Kelly O'Donnell or someone else in the Dept that did the actual looking. Georgie was a bit busy doing something else. ie Coaching the midfield.

• Like 1

Actually I read or saw an interview with him and he said his Ainslee Coach was friends with Georgie Stone and rang him and told him to come and have a look. It would probably have been Kelly O'Donnell or someone else in the Dept that did the actual looking. Georgie was a bit busy doing something else. ie Coaching the midfield.

*Ainslie

The coach rang Stone a few times to make sure they were keeping a close eye (asked the coach myself), the FD did their jobs and voila - a footy player is recruited.

Has this happened so sparsely we think we are looking for whispers, man-oracles, and pixie dust?

Hawthorn recruits players like this constantly...

• Like 5

*Ainslie

The coach rang Stone a few times to make sure they were keeping a close eye (asked the coach myself), the FD did their jobs and voila - a footy player is recruited.

Has this happened so sparsely we think we are looking for whispers, man-oracles, and pixie dust?

as do we need to do it (more)

Cool story about HM Fester, I think the social issues affecting current AFL players are a bit different from the 50's and 60's though. And your last put down comment detracts from the point you make about respect.

*Ainslie

Instructive about where the Club's at now compared to the past.

PJ came in and his first comment was what a lack of experience there was in all areas of the Club. Neeld put together a bunch of raw coaches many of whom hadn't even been in the AFL system. That means in turn none of them had a broad network of contacts. PJ brings in Roosy, he has a massive network of contacts himself. He brings in experienced people around him, including George Stone who's been around as long as anyone and obviously has a huge network of contacts that stretches to this scenario. Those contacts contact George, he tells the Club, the rest is history.

Another example is Dane Rampe at the Swans. Couldn't get picked in any Junior NSW Rep teams, went to Melbourne played with Williamstown, Dogs said they liked him but didnt' pick him. Went back to Sydney, gave up on the dream, played at UNSW. Roosy's son was playing in the same team, he sees him, tells the Swans and bingo they get another unbelievable recruit because of the network.

Clubs like the Hawks have these networks and have been using them for years. We are just starting to get ours and its starting to reap rewards already.

• Like 4