Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

FAREWELL JEREMY HOWE

What

I can go either way in this one; if he stays that's good, but if he goes I think we'll get overs for him and we can use it to help us get something more useful for our midfield.

• Like 6

I just don't think a player who can take a speccy is really that marketable. Farmer & Robbo were because they could kick bags of goals as well but seeing a speccy a couple of times a game is great at the time but overall I don't think it has an effect on bums in seats.

If that's all I was talking about when I talk about his marketability then I'd agree with you. He also hasn't been given full opportunity to kick bags recently cause he's been played at the opposite end of the ground.

His onfield value is obviously the primary factor, but outright ignoring his off field value is silly in my view.

Ask parents who the kids flock towards at the club organised events. Watts and Howe.

He has profile. He adds to the club's profile. This is part of the equation, and you can bet it will be part of the consideration for other clubs who are looking at him.

If a player misses any part of the preseason, and then fails to perform in the season, he gets a 'golden ticket' from some of the weaker minds around here who excuse his lack of quality with an 'interrupted preseason' comment. Watch it happen. Thankfully there were no new recipients from tonights game.

Ok, but its a valid call if a lot or all of the preseason is missed.

Also depends on the experience of the player.

For example I think Bernie Vince should not be too behind the 8 ball despite his interruptions as he has a decade of preseasons and 200 odd AFL games behind him and knows his body well no doubt

Edited by hogans_heroes

Scully = Hogan, Dawes & Barry

Rivers = Hmmm!

Pick2etc= Tyson & Salem

Frawley = Brayshaw

I love the guy but if he goes to GWS who will offer him a fortune I can think of a handy player or 2 we might get in a trade.

In MFC I "now" trust.

• Like 1

He's not just a one trick pony.

He makes an excellent beer snake as well.

• Like 5

i'm a little confused (nothing unusual) as to whether jh has really put off contract negotiations to end of season or whether the media in their usual fashion have blown and twisted it out of proportion.

has there been any unambiguous statements by jh or his manager to this effect?

• Like 2

i'm a little confused (nothing unusual) as to whether jh has really put off contract negotiations to end of season or whether the media in their usual fashion have blown and twisted it out of proportion.

I am almost certain talks aren't on hold DC, I heard his manager say Jeremy has had initial discussions with the club but his managers has urged him to take some time to think about things before he signs on because this is his big contract in terms of his career, personally i think Jeremy will sign on before mid year, probably just wants to seek assurances that if he does we will play finals sooner rather than later.

you had me at that ..... :rolleyes:

I am almost certain talks aren't on hold DC, I heard his manager say Jeremy has had initial discussions with the club but his managers has urged him to take some time to think about things before he signs on because this is his big contract in terms of his career, personally i think Jeremy will sign on before mid year, probably just wants to seek assurances that if he does we will play finals sooner rather than later.

That's in part up to him.

• Like 1

I just don't get everyone's obsession to trade before the start of the season.....We have not played a game for points and all want to trade player out for some fanciful player from another side.....

Howe has played 22 games last year for a total of 78

He has kicked 70 goals and 54 points in that time....He was also second in rebound 50 after Dunn for last year

He was also 5th in kicks for the club last year....Also 2nd for marks taken and 1st for contested marks and 1st for short kicks

He was also 6th in the b&f and received 2 brownlow vote.

So the crap about being a one trick pony is exactly that.

He also played in defence last year, a position that he has never played before and I thought played it well.

• Like 9

I just don't get everyone's obsession to trade before the start of the season.....We have not played a game for points and all want to trade player out for some fanciful player from another side.....

Howe has played 22 games last year for a total of 78

He has kicked 70 goals and 54 points in that time....He was also second in rebound 50 after Dunn for last year

He was also 5th in kicks for the club last year....Also 2nd for marks taken and 1st for contested marks and 1st for short kicks

He was also 6th in the b&f and received 2 brownlow vote.

So the crap about being a one trick pony is exactly that.

He also played in defence last year, a position that he has never played before and I thought played it well.

Sounds ordinary to me Bossdog lets get rid of him.

The immediate interest for me is how he approaches the first few games. If his form is good then that will be great and understandable that he can drag out talks to maximise his value. On the other hand if form is ordinary with or without injury excuses and no sign of pen to paper before mid season then no crystal ball is required.

Doesn't look good.

Very good player - one trick pony is baloney.

Terrific 3rd forward or intercept player down back as he proved last year.

An absolute tragedy if he goes - cannot help but wonder who has thrown big money at him already for 2016 onwards.

Club has to move heaven and earth to keep him.

Cannot stomach struggling clubs like MFC producing players only for the AFL cashed up new clubs or Geelong,Hawthorn etc.to then snaffle them.

C'mon Jeremy - have a look at Jonesy and his loyalty.

Will be interesting to see where he is played

• Like 2

It's funny how we've become conditioned to losing players after the last few years. The AFL isn't what it once was.

Agree but I think it's funnier that once we know a player is out the door, the said player was never any good anyway.
  • Like 1

Agree but I think it's funnier that once we know a player is out the door, the said player was never any good anyway.

Just like how Petracca went from almighty deity to fat, unhealthy, overrated slob to Saints fans when their club decided to pass on him.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/jeremy-howe-could-be-poached-from-melbourne-with-rival-clubs-offering-big-money/story-fndv8pdq-1227317749145

Did not realise he is still only 24. Geez I hope he stays. But given we have lost 1 player per year why do I feel he will go.

this is the exact reason we have to win games THIS YEAR

Otherwise we shall be picked off. Player by Player....

It's funny how we've become conditioned to losing players after the last few years. The AFL isn't what it once was.

not for me so much Lamastu

my indifference to players leaving now is born from the failures of near 50 yrs & the casual ways of our players thru this past 10 years. not committing the body to the contests & to sacrifice for the team & winning

I am over all those players who love to take, but not willing to do wat it takes to get the points, & work towards premierships.

its time we became one tough team again. like the 50's, & briefly after barass/jordan finished with 'em.