THE ESSENDON 34: ON TRIAL

Demonland

Beeb, I have been reading yours posts for ages. And only now have I read and understood your signature. Funny how we read things and sometimes do not fully understand. My comprehension levels must be worse than I thought.

I smile every time I see it because it once happened to me. I had replaced the keyboard and rebooted my pc and it came up with the very message - Error. Keyboard not found. Press any key to continue.

After a while, I gave in and hit the space bar; the pc then booted up, without the keyboard.

• Like 2

This is interesting from a couple of angles "Occupational health and safety issues have also been raised amid concerns rival clubs will not be willing to compete against a large number of top up players."

Seasoned AFL players could injure inexperienced players & or inexperienced players could play or engage in a way that could injure AFL players due simply to the differing ways that each approaches the game.

This is what I think Little and Lard have been relying on...mates dont dob etc. Tis folly. Fair dinkum outfits dont experiment on players. The bombers (players) have themselves been played....to a tee.

Id have no hesitation once realising the truth and self predicament with calling the AFLPA and if no help then ASADA themselves. Id also be comnanding big bucks to talk to the media. Me and my family would come first. .especially after being thrown under the train by your own club !!!

Yep, I reckon a lot of us would do what you've suggested 'bb' but for various reasons, it hasn't happened ... and it's now 2 years on.

It's been a remarkable story all the way through and I won't be surprised with any sort of outcome. If there is absolute guilt I won't be surprised with either really harsh or really lenient penalties.

However, if there is absolute guilt coupled with harsh penalties, I'd expect a fair dose of litigation claims down the track. Absolute guilt for me would be the players being found guilty of taking copious quantities of PED's (or peptides)

Oh go f yourself whoever is raising the below as an issue now, what about when needles where going into players with "the good stuff" willy nilly.

"Occupational health and safety issues have also been raised amid concerns rival clubs will not be willing to compete against a large number of top up players."

"Slight" loss of AFL TV Revenue Rights in the coming years......

Increased revenue for taping Ess Footy Club's Committee Meetings.....

Any Essendon Football Club Trophy not worth the tin it is and will be printed on for the next millennium.....

I doubt it. The old bugger never used one word when about 85 would do ... :)

My retort was in response to the statement that there is a difference between being found not guilty, and being found innocent.

JBP's trial (where he was charged with criminal offences) was aborted when the jury could not agree. JBP emerged from the courthouse claiming he had been found innocent.

The EFC players may be found not guilty. That would not mean they are innocent. More likely the circumstantial evidence was not strong enough.

FWIW I think ASADA has sufficient evidence to have only a percentage of the 34 found guilty. Evidence on BF that one player has named 6 or so that he knows were injected with TB4 (along with himself).

Edited by M_9

This is interesting from a couple of angles "Occupational health and safety issues have also been raised amid concerns rival clubs will not be willing to compete against a large number of top up players."

Seasoned AFL players could injure inexperienced players & or inexperienced players could play or engage in a way that could injure AFL players due simply to the differing ways that each approaches the game.

I seem to remember 3 or 4 Collingwood players jumping on Jack Watts in his first game. OH&S on the footy field is bumkin. If you sign up for it you get what is coming as long as it is within the rules.

My retort was in response to the statement that there is a difference between being found not guilty, and being found innocent.

JBP's trial (where he was charged with criminal offences) was aborted when the jury could not agree. JBP emerged from the courthouse claiming he had been found innocent.

The EFC players may be found not guilty. That would not mean they are innocent. More likely the circumstantial evidence was not strong enough.

FWIW I think ASADA has sufficient evidence to have only a percentage of the 34 found guilty. Evidence on BF that one player has named 6 or so that he knows were injected with TB4 (along with himself).

All true M_9. Sometimes the Scottish verdict of "not proven" hits the mark when neither guilty nor not guilty will do.

Edit: Sorry for the earlier typo which didn't make sense.

Edited by Red and Bluebeard
  • Like 1

Over at Port, Monfries & Ryder are sitting it out.

http://mobile.news.com.au/sport/afl/port-adelaide-is-forced-to-delay-unveiling-of-recruit-paddy-ryder-because-of-afl-anti-doping-tribunal/story-fndv8s6g-1227209447716

Edit:- Funny no privacy issues at Port?

Edited by ManDee
  • Like 2

The Hird Team tentacles have no influence over there. Adelaide is too far away

• Like 2

The Hird Team tentacles have no influence over there. Adelaide is too far away

It wouldn't surprise me if Ryder had gone belly up on the EFC. Good on him.

• Like 2

It wouldn't surprise me if Ryder had gone belly up on the EFC. Good on him.

nor I....

someone(s) have for sure. it would make sense if an ex Bomber as theyve sought to distance themselves and endeavour to start afresh

Classic last resort defence.

With this and the NAB cup fiasco It seems that there are some realisations setting in.

• Like 1

Ryder is most likely, he was determined to get out of there and happy to go just about anywhere, probably wanted out on his terms incase thru figured out what he had done

Classic last resort defence.

With this and the NAB cup fiasco It seems that there are some realisations setting in.

Yes, I'd love to know what motivation Dank thinks the AFL has for trying to destroy Essendon. Perhaps the AFL has a long-term plan to get us to the top of the ladder by eliminating the opposition. Next to go may be Collingwood.....

Self-importance delusions might explain why he thinks they'd be out to get him rather than the other 20 odd million in the country.

Yes, I'd love to know what motivation Dank thinks the AFL has for trying to destroy Essendon.

Strange isn't it. Why would the AFL want to destroy any club let alone one as important to the viability of the competition as EFC. Bizarre.

Similarly its weird how Demitriou allegedly calling Evans to give them a heads up is used by some as evidence the AFL have it in for EFC (as opposed to the more logical conclusion that if true he was wanting to protect them - and course protect the AFL).

• Like 3

Strange isn't it. Why would the AFL want to destroy any club let alone one as important to the viability of the competition as EFC. Bizarre.

Similarly its weird how Demitriou allegedly calling Evans to give them a heads up is used by some as evidence the AFL have it in for EFC (as opposed to the more logical conclusion that if true he was wanting to protect them - and course protect the AFL).

I was framed I tells ya.

When the evidence is too strong the last play is to claim conspiracy and fabrication.

The reality bus has arrived at Windy Hill. It arrived at the Hird's place but Jimmy has convinced itself that it isn't there for him, Tania is frantically researching the term "reality" and is challenging the legality of the bus' authority to carry passengers.

Edited by jabberwocky
  • Like 3

I heard a section of Danks ABC interview this morning.

Mr. Dank if you know the players are innocent and hard done by please produce a copy of the documentation that i am sure you still have.

Otherwise you are an absolute Karmichael Hunt of a man.

Or just plain guilty as charged.

Incredible interview....

• Like 2