Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Jack Trengove re-injures his navicular (2014) - trade deal off

Wiseblood

Haha besides the fact Gold Coast won't be able to come up with a suitable trade, on what basis would he be taking the Pies to court? He is contracted with them and he is the one who needs to honour that contract unless someone comes up with a trade suitable to Collingwood. Of course he can move to Queensland if he really wants but don't expect to get over half a mill a year because you won't be playing footy unless Brisbane or Gold Coast offer up a trade that is fair/acceptable to the Pies.

Yeah fair enough, i just want him to get back to Queensland if his fathers health IS the problem, and not Bucks.

If it's Bucks i'll happily take him, but still want to keep Trengove, but i'll trust Roosy.

• Like 1

The sling tackle was 2011...Correct.

Since then his form has been poor to average...

He hath no pace or acceleration...Loyalty is a fine quality but it won't win finals if the body aint up to it.

Yes it was and he was good in 2011 you have selective memory WYL to suit your argument, 88 games was it you said more carp.

He is loyal, don't underestimate his standing within the playing group and the message this sends if we off load him

Trengove does the 1%ers that stands up in finals of that I have no doubt

I am only open to Trading him for Pick 12 and certainly don't want Pick 23 thrown in and that is only if Pick 12 is going to be used along with Pick 3 to land an A grader.

He has no pace and acceleration give me a spell is that what it takes to be a player is it, quick lets get Nicho back and sign Blease back up

You would have off loaded these two dud players early in the piece I would think

Player A:

born and raised in Country Victoria. He played junior football with the ??????? Football Club, before moving onto the ??????? in the TAC Cup. He was selected by ???????? with pick 2? in the ???? AFL Draft. His first few years were plagued with inconsistency, injury and off field problems

drafted by the ?? Football Club with their first selection, and the ????? overall draft pick, in the AFL Draft. After making his debut in the opening round of the , which was a heavy defeat to Essendon, ?????? went on play in 11 out of a possible 22 senior games over the course of the year. After gathering 21 disposals in Round ?, ????? was awarded an AFL Rising Star nomination.

Player B:

Having been dropped back to the club's VFL team to play out the second half of the season, ????? went on to play a key part in helping a reserves side capture the VFL Premiership. Despite an impressive debut season, ?????? struggled to maintain his spot within the team during the ????? AFL season, featuring in only 13 senior games. Averaging just 12 disposals a game. After just two senior appearances to begin the ??????AFL season, ???? was again dropped back to the VFL and instructed by coaching staff to work on particular aspects of his game

What happened to we are happy to hold onto pick 2 and 3, something's afoot here we wouldn't put trengove through this without good reason.

That's what i'm thinking, the top 5 in the draft are miles ahead everyone, so why would we want pick 12? I reckon Josh Mahoney has came out and said that on the trade radio to keep the majority of idiots thinking we want to draft so no one knows about any deals we want to keep quiet until confirmed.

Edited by thedeeman

Look what happened a the bulldogs.

There is no such thing as loyoltie in the AFL anymore.

This is just a job for the players, we support the colours not the players.

I hope this trade happens, if we have to sacrifice a past second pick player which hasn't lived to expectations for a gun player which will make us better on the field then so be it.

The players wanted more movement, they made it like this.

Simplistic garbage, some, probably the majority, wanted FA, but there are countless examples of the right thing being done between club and player. Boak for instance, and a number of players at Port when it was a basket case, Geelong after a premiership etc.

Show me where someone like JT has done anything other than try his guts out even when injured, and i still remember clutch goals and fearsome tackles.

Edit, spelling

Also: How and Why is JT responsible for the garbage Neeld served up and 186, no demonstrated link has been shown, he's been injured, yet to see a sign that he is scarred. The effort he has put into his rehab has been first class and shows exactly the sort of heart shown by the great players at good clubs. Give him a season.

Edited by Ingeniokinetikey

Why do people keep saying the same thing over and over "loyalty" how do we know he himself didn't actually ask for a trade?

• Like 1

Why do people keep saying the same thing over and over "loyalty" how do we know he himself didn't actually ask for a trade?

Reports are that he isn't happy about a move but won't block the trade. That sounds like Trenners to me.

• Like 5

Reports are that he isn't happy about a move but won't block the trade. That sounds like Trenners to me.

I hope he stays.

• Like 1

Is he a better player than Dayne Beams? Not even close

Does anything else matter then?

Is he a better player than Mitch Clark, because IMO Beams is doing exactly what Clark did and once bitten I do not want another player with those values

• Like 1

Is he a better player than Mitch Clark, because IMO Beams is doing exactly what Clark did and once bitten I do not want another player with those values

How so?

How so?

Clark wanted to return to Perth due to homesickness and a sick relative

Beams wants to return to Qld due to a sick father

Clark made an 11th hour change of heart due to more money being thrown at him

Beams father is still sick nothing has changed

AAMI Park and the Westpac Centre are the same distance form Qld

The Suns play in Qld but Paul Connors has told them Beams wants to play in Brisbane

Brisbane have more money in their salary cap and have offered a large pay increase to Beams

Gold Coast do not have as much salary cap room and the offer to Beams would not be as large

Beams father lives closer to the Gold Coast then he does to Brisbane

and Beams father is still sick, if my father was sick the Pies would trade me because they would already have been told I would sit the year out and spend it with my father as I would forever regret not spending that valuable time with him

• Like 2

What ever happens this better bloody work.

Yeah, I am really not happy about this. Jack has not been given a chance (injury free or a stable club) to develop in the right way. There is a lot of talk about "culture" and what seems to be universal with Jack he is A grade in that regard.

So Roos brings Brad Miller back - good clubman should never have given him to Richmond - really happy he is back. Petard turns down gold coast and we get rid of him now in Richmond's 22 and don't start me with Martin to Brisbane.

This one seems the highest risk of them all. I know Jack is young but it is feeling a bit like James McDonald. They really need to get this right

Edited by coconut
  • Like 2

Just read JJH's post. Thanks for the info.

Interesting, attractive, but can't shirk the air of Clark 2.0 when it comes to snaring Beams at the final hour.

Exactly what i was thinking

Could we get a poll going on this thread for people who want the trade, people who don't and people who haven't decided yet? Just want to see where everyone is at

• Like 1

He has no pace and acceleration give me a spell is that what it takes to be a player is it, quick lets get Nicho back and sign Blease back up

Name me a slow outside player that is any good? because that's what he is.

I think people are giving this article more weight than it really deserves. What is it actually saying? The Tigers approached Melbourne with an offer for Trengove which is a little light, but similar to what the Hawks paid for O'Rourke. The club has confirmed that this is the case and have asked Trengove if he would like them to pursue it. Melbourne are not the instigators, and I suspect that if Trenhove says no it will vanish pretty quickly.

Beams is a gun and if he's available we should be going for him.

We should be always going for the best available talent, if it bites us on the ass it bites us on the ass.

Every pick or trade has the potential to bite us on the ass It doesn't mean we should be going for a worse player just because he could be a safer bet.

• Like 1

The Bombers are surprised that players want to leave after drugging their players? They place an absurdly high price on Ryder, that nobody would pay? But don't worry the AFL steps in and just hands them pick? They have brought the into disputed by systematically cheating, but are rewarded with a pick higher than the value of the player their losing?

Clark retired due to illness, then 6 months later he has an amazing recovery!! Announces he wants to play again, just not with us?

Greenwood has one good season, and then holds North over a barrel? Walks to Collingwood!!

Griffin walks out on Footscray, because he doesn't like the coach? He's the bloody captain!!

Frawley pretends he is considering his options all year, when we all knew he had already agreed to go to hawthorn, then goes to hawthorn?

Trengove gives hope to fans by signing an extension, at the clubs darkest hour. He's then bestowed with the pressure of leading this mess up the ladder, while playing with an undiscovered foot injury... He never considers leaving? But the club is considering him for trade?

This game is out of control!! Players are switching clubs for money, without even a one second of thought... The rules have been made so complicated that it's becoming hard to follow, and easier to fix... Umpiring decisions are openly corrupted, but are hardly ever questioned... 150/120 year old clubs that should be heritage listed, are frowned upon and discarded for americanised plastic franchises... The governing body make favourable decision for a selected few clubs, that they have invested interest in... They change and bend rules at will without fear of being exposed... They control public opinion via the media, who all push their agenda... Any paper, radio station and Internet site that run AFL stories, are under AFL control... this is how they get away with unjustified decision that they make... if they want something controversial to slip through the net, then they'll get their puppets to push there agenda, sometimes months in advance...

The greed and money grubbing is disgusting and I never thought I'd ever say this, but if this is the modern game? Then I don't think I like it... Premierships are won and lost in shady back room deals?

• Like 4

Remember that last great game Trenners played? Yeah, me neither.

Hilarious to me that Richmond want him. Most of my family are toothless toigs and all I hear from them is they need pace. Well the anti-pace superstar ain't gunna help.

Oh but a pre season... Etc...

I'd do this trade just to do this trade.

If it got us Beams I'd need new pants. One of my favourite players.

Any other good midfielder, well I'd enjoy that too.

We're slow enough as is, I shudder to think about Trenners coming back and slowing us down even more.

He's a good kid, and he's hard at it, but he has no damaging skills to be anywhere near an untouchable. People put too much stock into what he might've been. Haven't we done that enough with the likes of Trapper, Sylvia, Watts etc...

The more change the better for mine.

• Like 6