Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Jack Trengove re-injures his navicular (2014) - trade deal off

Wiseblood

Well..... go out to dinner and bloody hell.

I do enjoy trade week for the very reason everything nutty and otherwise gets bandied about and then occasionally something gets legs.

I often said and still will all players are negotiable, some more and some less than others but..... Some are , in a fashion , more cut out for the trade table than others but you have to give to get as they said. I and others have said it wouldnt be beyond reason to think players at the edge of performance kpi's then , well, look out

But all that aside Im amazed, bewildered , and even a little confronted , that Trengove is on the table. Had the Greek been put up I wouldnt blink but Trenners ....

Others allude to it and I can only think there is more afoot than meets the eye here. Roos isnt one for collecting kids. We still havent morphed 2 and 3 into players so why 'stock' up with a 12, or even a 10 for that matter unless its part of something much larger.

All quite odd

sounds possibly like its already done, deal...

just the frills & bows are being played out in the media to sell papers, & sooth the aching beasts buying the papers.

One each way, plus an exchange of picks, most to the Crows ?

Furious if the club goes for this, Jack is owed one season by the club to show what he can do injury free. Otherwise this is like us shafting Junior. Trengove has done everything right in terms of attitude and training and i firmly believe he will become a star. Not even for Dangerfield do i want this.

All for 10 places... pisssss off. Its all a toss up in the draft at 12 or 23

12 gets you Ahern or Duggan

23 gets you Cockatoo or Neal-Bullen

• Like 1

We need to clear out the players who are scarred from the past 6-7 years , like Trengove, Tapscott, Strauss, Blease, Fitzpatrick, Watts, Howe, Gawn. I think Howe and Gawn are the only 2 who will be there in a few years time, The sooner we move on the others the better it will be for the footy club.

The only players left who played in 186 are Jones, Dunn, Garland, Gawn, Jamar, Howe, McKenzie and Watts. Watts could be on the chopping block, McKenzie and Jamar will be after 2015.

Losing Woewodin and James McDonald killed the supporters and players.

Do we ever LEARN !!!!!!!!

youre still here

• Like 3

Look what happened a the bulldogs.

There is no such thing as loyoltie in the AFL anymore.

This is just a job for the players, we support the colours not the players.

I hope this trade happens, if we have to sacrifice a past second pick player which hasn't lived to expectations for a gun player which will make us better on the field then so be it.

The players wanted more movement, they made it like this.

• Like 6

All for 10 places... pisssss off. Its all a toss up in the draft at 12 or 23

12 gets you Ahern or Duggan

23 gets you Cockatoo or Neal-Bullen

If it's merely for an upgraded pick it makes no sense. If it's to package another early pick with 3 to get one or two very good proven mids in it makes sense.

• Like 1

Nash - can't say, but the risk is clear if his dad's condition worsens. Plus the lure of playing in a premiership with his brother. If Brisbane are on a roll and the MFC are barely out of the bottom four, would you be relying on Beams to stick around? I sure as hell wouldn't.

That's how i feel. There's just something wrong about it and as Melbourne fans we should all know the damage a move like this can make. It's intangible but insidious.

I feel the same. It doesn't feel right. If Trenners came back a renewed player post surgery and it was in yellow and black...

• Like 1

Is he a better player than Dayne Beams? Not even close

Does anything else matter then?

Give him a year unhampered by injury and who knows?

His first 2 years were streets ahead of Beams'.

Wouldn't it be great if he did show he is as good as Beams - but playing for another club.

This is a dumb dumb trade. For Grimes, no problem. But if Trengove comes back unhampered by injury in 2015, we've in effect picked up another Tyson. For nothing.

A dumb, soul-destroying trade. Even in the extremely unlikely event that it does involve Beams.

• Like 4

Not only do I not want to see Jack go, I choke on the thought of letting Coll have 2 first round picks! 3 and 12 is vastly different to the Lions offer of 5 and 23! I just choke on the thought that Coll benefit so much from being bloody-minded in trading. Would almost rather it be any other team that benefits from 3 and 12!

Beams isn't worth 2 first round picks in his own right...what's more he had his own injury problems - he was out in Aug when they thought he had done his PCL. Turned out he didn't but who knows if his injury problem will return.

If it has to happen maybe 3 & 12 for Beams and Lumumba!!

A bit different mate. We [censored] canned McDonald, Woey's time was up. Sometimes we supporters get far too attached to players, they are just employees in a competitive market now.

If Trengoves agrees to a trade, then it's all ok, at the the end of the day Richmond approached us and he doesn't have to go.

If you want to keep a player then you shut it down as soon as the opposition approaches and don't even mention it to the player in question. We've mentioned it to Trengove. We must want pick 12 for a reason to float the prospect of leaving to Trengove. No other reason to upset a player unnecessarily.

If Trengove has considered this in the best interests of the MFC then he will forever be an admired player in my view.

A young man of real values.

• Like 7

Woewodin was woeful at Collingwood, was over paid and done nothing after his Brownlow year, Powell hurt us more.

McDonald did hurt us a lot though, we never even tried to replace him.

• Like 3

Trengove dominated in this pre-season game against the Tigers ... I remember thinking he was back in business and commented as such at the time... maybe they thought the same?

Match report and stats ... Melbourne 1 13 11 98 defeated Richmond 1 10 15 84

Trenners ... 29 disposals ... 13 marks ... ran to position well all night and was arguably best on ground ... only 8 months ago.

So often a team will go after a player who plays well against them. This bloke could burn us if we let him go. There are others who I'd let go before him.

• Like 6

Maybe its to help the Ryder deal get thru: An elite Port player to Dees for pick 3 and 12 and one of those Port sends on to Essendon (with their) 17 for Ryder.

Or something similar to help get the Beams deal thru altho I can't think of anyone I would want from the pies.

When we hit rock bottom, after a year of media floggings over Scully and tanking... Trengove stood up... he signed an extension for us when he didn't have too, He gave us hope in our darkest hour... He committed to us...

We then went on to stripped the team of the remaining senior players we had, with the idea of getting games into our young players.. We used Trengove as the pin up boy for all our future hopes and dreams, by forcing him into the captaincy and lumping way to much pressure on him...farout!! He hadn't even worked his own game out yet and we wanted him to lead an AFL team out of the pit!! Thats a tough job even for a senior player, let alone a second year player... It is probably the most ridiculously flawed plan ever tried... A fantasy... To attempt to try and recreate the norm smith era...pfft... What were they thinking? It's not the bloody 1950's, just give kids games isn't going to turn them into champions? This is the dumbest strategy ever!!

We left our young players massively exposed and the only thing we achieved was destroying any of the confidence they had and Trengove was wearing it all... He was carrying a debilitating foot injury into game, because scans weren't showing a problem and Neeld was leaning on him to play.... What the? Did Neeld think he'd just makeup the pain so he didn't have to play? His word isn't good enough? He was bullied into playing with a debilitating foot injury, because he was captain and slapped by supporters for losing his speed, intensity and acceleration...

And now!! After all the [censored] he's been put through, he still wants to stay and we are consider him for trade? I don't give a [censored] about helping out the bombers with there over priced [censored] deal or collingwood with their crappy deal they can [censored] off!!! We owe this kid!!! and if the club goes through with this trade, then they can go and get [censored]!!!

• Like 4

I am strongly against trading him! He is the kind of person that should be a one club player and he has stuck up for the dees through thick and thin! He is a true clubman! I messaged the MFC Facebook page and expressed my feelings against trading him!

• Like 4

Do you go to bloody hell often? How is the food there? :blink::blink:

Hot

• Like 1