Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Key forward

InVINCEable

I'm not sure another KPF is required if Hogan comes good and Dawes remains competitive but hits the scoreboard a little more regularly. For me the void seems to have been created by Howe's move into defence. I think it was fairly widely accepted that Howe would be that third forward to bob up and kick a few here and there and maybe one day become a Bruest or Gunston type. Maybe he still has that ability and potentially under Roos he will provide. At the moment though he's made the back half his home.

Maybe, I say maybe, Howe playing in defence this year is a Roos player development ruse to put accountability and defensive pressure into his game, which would be invaluable were he to be moved back into the forward line perhaps later this season, or for 2015 and beyond.

I doubt if he will or should be required to play the role of KPP forward (as he has been asked to do in the past through necessity and lack of alternatives) but he makes a great third man, especially if he can defend well also.

Edited by monoccular
  • Like 1

The question was asked " will we target a KPF in the off season" as Dan McPherson is one of our forward coaches. His response was what I posted earlier. They will be looking to bring in a ruckman.

Believe it or not I have better things to do than make crap up to get a bite out of a pathetic poster on this site....

I was also in that room. He did indeed say we would be looking at bringing in a ruckman.

He did not express anything negative regarding our current ruck stock, only that we will be looking at another one. The implication could be anything - Jamar's age, Gawn's injuries etc. But he didn't say.

Dan Nicholson and Jake Spencer also spoke. Nicholson said the communication between Casey and the Dees is better this year, I sensed some tension when they were talking about the Casey/Melbourne relationship.

Spencer seemed genuinely surprised that he was offered another contract, said he couldn't sign up fast enough as he loves the club. Also, he's [censored] huge.

• Like 1

I was at the game and the amount of times our forwards couldn't mark or kick the bloody ball was ridiculous, we need to bring in a KPF who can break the game open.

Maybe Walker, Cameron?

Suggestions?

don't sell the farm, to buy one bull.

we need to find 9 bulls calves, over the next 3 years.

churn & sell

Maybe Howe will get moved back to the forward line next year, i remember Pavlich had an AA year in FB, and ended up being moved back forward.

I too think that Howe will move next year, but I'm not sure we're getting value for his skill-set when he is playing as a tall forward. I'd like to see him out playing the opposite wing to Watts with one of them pushing forward, and the other pushing back. Howe's always looked better IMHO when he has space to move rather than hemmed into the forward line.

With that said though - I don't have a tall forward too high on my list of priorities. Collingwood beat us with only one genuine power forward on Monday. What they did have though was better delivery to their forwards by a very good mid-field and half-back line.

Two key forwards (Dawes,Hogan) and a third tall/second ruckman (Pederson) with better mid-field delivery is what we needs.

• Like 2

I too think that Howe will move next year, but I'm not sure we're getting value for his skill-set when he is playing as a tall forward. I'd like to see him out playing the opposite wing to Watts with one of them pushing forward, and the other pushing back. Howe's always looked better IMHO when he has space to move rather than hemmed into the forward line.

With that said though - I don't have a tall forward too high on my list of priorities. Collingwood beat us with only one genuine power forward on Monday. What they did have though was better delivery to their forwards by a very good mid-field and half-back line.

Two key forwards (Dawes,Hogan) and a third tall/second ruckman (Pederson) with better mid-field delivery is what we needs.

Nailed it.

• Like 1

I was also in that room. He did indeed say we would be looking at bringing in a ruckman.

He did not express anything negative regarding our current ruck stock, only that we will be looking at another one. The implication could be anything - Jamar's age, Gawn's injuries etc. But he didn't say.

Dan Nicholson and Jake Spencer also spoke. Nicholson said the communication between Casey and the Dees is better this year, I sensed some tension when they were talking about the Casey/Melbourne relationship.

Spencer seemed genuinely surprised that he was offered another contract, said he couldn't sign up fast enough as he loves the club. Also, he's [censored] huge.

Bravo! Thanks for the clarification.

Stuie no offense but you look very silly and stupid now that its been confirmed it was said..

Are you going to apologize?

Tex Walker to come play with Bernie and Clisby

It's actually up to someone to prove something DID happen rather than it didn't. As I said earlier, you could make up anything that way. ie- Peter Jackson told me in the Long Room that you wet your pants. Now, were you there at the time to say it didn't happen? Cos if you weren't then that means it DID happen.

And that, my friends, is checkmate!

• Like 2

And that, my friends, is checkmate!

Not sure if in your rush to be a dh you actually read the posts... The first one said Jamar was gone, the second one you just quoted said there was no negative comments about current players.

I know that might be too complicated for you to follow, but feel free to have a study session on it.

Not sure if in your rush to be a dh you actually read the posts... The first one said Jamar was gone, the second one you just quoted said there was no negative comments about current players.

I know that might be too complicated for you to follow, but feel free to have a study session on it.

And then you said an assistant coach would never say that. It was confirmed by someone else who was there also that we would be chasing a ruckman. Two different people who heard the same thing that were THERE.

And then you said an assistant coach would never say that. It was confirmed by someone else who was there also that we would be chasing a ruckman. Two different people who heard the same thing that were THERE.

Not the same thing. Are you guys that simple? I'm not arguing that they would say we'd chase a certain type of player, what I argued was I doubted they would say they would be going after a certain type to replace a current contracted player. That was backed up by Choke's post when he said "He did not express anything negative regarding our current ruck stock,".

Far out. Do you guys even read before attacking?

Not the same thing. Are you guys that simple? I'm not arguing that they would say we'd chase a certain type of player, what I argued was I doubted they would say they would be going after a certain type to replace a current contracted player. That was backed up by Choke's post when he said "He did not express anything negative regarding our current ruck stock,".

Far out. Do you guys even read before attacking?

You are carrying on a bit 'stuie', but you are right, the initial post on this said we were after a ruckman to replace Jamar. Chinese whispers, I'm guessing the Jamar bit was added on to the chasing a ruckman. 2+2 = 5

Did the comment made by the coach refer to replacing Jamar? or was it purely about chasing a ruckman?

Edited by rjay
  • Like 1

Same here Choke, anyone know how many more years the casey agreement has left ?

I sensed some tension when they were talking about the Casey/Melbourne relationship.
Edited by DavidNeitz9

i like Cameron, but i'm more of a Patton guy myself. Cheaper.

But hey, don't even get my started on Tex Walker. Ok do, this is what i think of him, especially if we could lure him to the dees;DogHumpGifPurplePillow.gif

Now that's quite disturbing Song. Not sure if that means you like him (or would like to do that to him) or he's not on your wish list! If he continues to play well for the remainder of the year he'll cost wy too much. What about a forward /ruck?

BTW, what's happened to Jack Hannath at Freo? Seems to have dropped off the radar.

• Like 1

Hahaha get off the internet and into the real world because I don't believe everything I hear on the internet? Dafuq?

Did you believe him when he said he knew Greg Wells would be the next President a couple of weeks before Bartlett was named?

You've been punched a lot in your life haven't you

No stop deflecting I don't care about Greg Wells, this(above) is about our ruck stocks and they are bare and a serious injury to Jamar away from seeing us exposed

Edited by Pennant St Dee

I don't think there is a forward playing today that could have broken that game our way.

It was the mids of Collingwood that stole a few inches and got them the win.

Gamebreakers are in the middle.

pfft... It was the favourable umpiring that won Collingwood that game... The unpaid 50 to Dawes and the disallowed Vince goal killed it for me... Its truly amazing how the AFL have managed to wash this away... They pretended to inquire about the umpiring in the media this week and [censored] our game plan, deflecting away from what we all know happened... The AFL media machine were on the front foot here and they work some real magic... Wow... SEN and the Herald sun, is pretty much an AFL puppet show..

This game has been corrupted by money and back room deals for years, the last legitimate premiers were North Melbourne in 1999.. We will never see another AFL contest that hasn't been messed with in some way, so money can reach the right people and the right result is rendered favourable to the interests of the AFL..... Our only hope now is that the MFC become financially strong enough to by us a premiership...

Edited by tatu