Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Jack Watts on "On the Couch"

InVINCEable

Give us a summary

Pretty much talking about how George Stone has helped him, how he was able to cope with big losses and how much he's improved

and a little bit about being drafted as #1.

Was interesting he said he at times looks like he is not going hard enough, and the reason is he is stuffed so last couple weeks roosy is giving him more breaks he used to only get to bench once or twice now he is getting 6 or 7 breaks

• Like 5

He seemed a little nervous tonight. Anyway, hopefully he sticks it up Collingwood this week and kicks a couple like he did against Carlton and Richmond. If he works as hard as he did against Richmond, I reckon he'll snag a few.

• Like 3

He looked nervous as hell. Not surprising really as it's easy to forget he's still a pretty young guy.

Not a lot to report really. There were the typical questions he gets asked about criticism of his work rate, pressure of being no. 1 etc. Played a pretty straight bat to everything. Described the feeling over his first four years at the club as "helpless" but a great feeling there now. Thought he might be considered a good player if he was pick 50, which shows his confidence hasn't been hurt too much.

He looked nervous as hell. Not surprising really as it's easy to forget he's still a pretty young guy.

Not a lot to report really. There were the typical questions he gets asked about criticism of his work rate, pressure of being no. 1 etc. Played a pretty straight bat to everything. Described the feeling over his first four years at the club as "helpless" but a great feeling there now. Thought he might be considered a good player if he was pick 50, which shows his confidence hasn't been hurt too much.

id be nervous too if the club told me not to say anything silly

All sounds good to me. Straight out of the Paul Roos "give em nothin" book. Last year he would have said something stupid and we would be all over the papers next day

Couldn't disagree with this point more. Watts has always handled himself well in the media, not so well tonight, but he certainly didn't say anything stupid. Just lots of ums and ahs.

• Like 2

Couldn't disagree with this point more. Watts has always handled himself well in the media, not so well tonight, but he certainly didn't say anything stupid. Just lots of ums and ahs.

didnt he go on the footy show and give many the impression that he was leaving the club and truth be told if it wasn't for Roos he probably would of. Now don't get me wrong, I like jack and I am not talking just about him. My point is more to do with the club being really well drilled now. Not a single cat is let out of the bag. Look at riewoldt and Richmond at the moment. There is not even a sniff of that sort of stuff from us and I think it's great. Stop the talk and let the footy speak for itself. Fair point though. Jacks been good over the years considering the pressure he has been under

didnt he go on the footy show and give many the impression that he was leaving the club and truth be told if it wasn't for Roos he probably would of. Now don't get me wrong, I like jack and I am not talking just about him. My point is more to do with the club being really well drilled now. Not a single cat is let out of the bag. Look at riewoldt and Richmond at the moment. There is not even a sniff of that sort of stuff from us and I think it's great. Stop the talk and let the footy speak for itself. Fair point though. Jacks been good over the years considering the pressure he has been under

Yeah, I think those that were looking for it, felt he gave that impression, but that wasn't necessarily Jack's fault. I'm sure we are more drilled now though in the media.

he's really honest.

george stone sounds like a massive influence at the club.

And there is the reason why Roos will be very selective on who coaches us next. George Stone who will stay on MUST be able to work with the new coach. As Roos has said before, they will not get a coach that has a new game plan or different approach on our direction. The reason for this is that part of the team is already there, the direction has been set and all we need is a coach with the same philosophy to slide straight in. Hence why they were hunting the likes of Kirk, Ling etc etc......

Does that make sense?

• Like 1

Watts actually handled the interview and spoke about footy, not off-field stuff.

How anyone can have anything negative to say is beyond me.

• Like 3

Jack Watts spoke well, 6 years in a bad place and accepted as part of life..Hope his next 6 years is reward for the hell he went through as number 1....

Jack Watts On The Couch http://www.melbournefc.com.au/video/2014-06-03/jack-watts-on-the-couch

Edited by All the Jacks
  • Like 3

Sounds an honest appraisal, especially the helplessness of the previous years. It would make the current feeling all the better. Probably better than languishing around 12th-14th forever.

GO DEES.

I'd like to see him pick up a Collingwood player and dump him to the ground, stand over him and laugh !!!!

Ahhhh Justice!!!!

Pity it can't be Maxwell - I would love to see that. Otherwise, I would like him to do it to Mr Alias Harry O'Brien.

And there is the reason why Roos will be very selective on who coaches us next. George Stone who will stay on MUST be able to work with the new coach. As Roos has said before, they will not get a coach that has a new game plan or different approach on our direction. The reason for this is that part of the team is already there, the direction has been set and all we need is a coach with the same philosophy to slide straight in. Hence why they were hunting the likes of Kirk, Ling etc etc......

Does that make sense?

I don't really know a lot about George Stone -- could he ever be considered / willing to be a senior coach in his own right?

Edited by monoccular

Was interesting he said he at times looks like he is not going hard enough, and the reason is he is stuffed so last couple weeks roosy is giving him more breaks he used to only get to bench once or twice now he is getting 6 or 7 breaks

Yeah, that was interesting. It makes sense but it is up to him to have the discipline to get off at the right times.

shouldn't have done it.

The interview?

It was a fine, benign discussion on his misguided treatment over the first few years as a Demon.

He was honest but not controversial - it was a good end to that period of his career.

And as Gerard said - there looks to be a 5 year period coming up that he should find more reward.

• Like 3