Changes for next week...

Roos on 360: "We can't do the same thing again, that's the conclusion I've come to today. The players have got to feel it's new. Forget the past, I'm sick of talking about the past now. They've got to run out Sunday against the Giants feeling like this is a new team. I don't mean wholesale changes. I mean internally within the team. They play in different positions. There's a bit of same ol same ol. That's probably my biggest task this week, is to put a team on the field that's a completely different team. This could be a different team and players in completely different positions when we run out Sunday."

Looks like a bit of a shake up on the cards.

Hopefully this isn't the panic button being hit after two rounds.

I don't think Roos will make wholesale changes to the personnel. What has he got to go on. I think he will change players positions whilst he has virtually no forwards. The more important thing I think he has said is that he is compiling his own dossier. I think he believes that he has been sold a pup on players and will now make his own assessments. I think this bodes well for the new guys as he recruited them, or at least has influence. But I think that he will be taking a long hard look at those who were at the club the last few years. They are the ones scarred by the past years as he put it. If he can't get in their heads and change the mindset that I think emerged in the first quarter against the Eagles then he will look elsewhere. I think that was evident in his comment regarding who has responsibility. He perseveres as his record shows but he does make changes when he judges the commitment required is not being shown.

• Like 1

Roos on 360: "We can't do the same thing again, that's the conclusion I've come to today. The players have got to feel it's new. Forget the past, I'm sick of talking about the past now. They've got to run out Sunday against the Giants feeling like this is a new team. I don't mean wholesale changes. I mean internally within the team. They play in different positions. There's a bit of same ol same ol. That's probably my biggest task this week, is to put a team on the field that's a completely different team. This could be a different team and players in completely different positions when we run out Sunday."

Looks like a bit of a shake up on the cards.

Hopefully this isn't the panic button being hit after two rounds.

Concerned that he's emphasis is on changing positions and a different team rather than changing the way they play - i.e become a little more attacking perhaps?

• Like 1

Play Frawley on the forward line. A big body who can lead with pace. Play Dunn at full back and leave Macdonald at Centre half back.

Play Pederson as floating tall or back pocket and run in back line ruck duels.

I actually think this may be what Roos is thinking. Frawley has been deplorable so far so a change up might be good for him, especially in a position where he has less accountability. Having said that, we might need him to control Cameron.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, we are stuck with our list of about 30 healthy and match ready players less four or five who are too young, not ready or so badly out of form that they can't be considered even for this combination.

I still don't think someone like Roosy is going to panic but with our talls and KPF's not available, I expect to see an introduction of pace and players who can run through the lines. The three emergencies from last week stand out to me as likely inclusions and a change of position of one of our taller defenders to the forward line might do the trick. There have been calls from time to time for Frawley to be played up forward and perhaps now is the time for it to happen. Put him up there with Watts, Fitzpatrick and Howe with blokes like Blease (once kicked 5 goals in a forward role) and the long kicking Kent with instructions to the players to play a more attacking game and it would certainly be a different look. I'm willing to predict that the result would be our highest score for the year.

It's a different approach and puts players in different positions but who goes out for the three coming in?

Byrnes & JKH kicked 75% (:)) of our goals between them last week? Michie? Georgiou? We can't drop a tall because there's nobody to come in who could replace them?

Play Frawley on the forward line. A big body who can lead with pace. Play Dunn at full back and leave Macdonald at Centre half back.

Expect the MFC to be fined for tanking if this eventuates.

outs

Bail Howe Michie Pederson Spencer Fitzpatrick

Ins:

Can this boy King play? Is he taking up space in similar mode to Spencer and Fitzpatrick? It's now or never. Is Jamar available?

Blease, Kent (at least he's not afraid of a goal, Viney, Hogan would be nice! and Garland.

Spencer and Fizpatrick would be great suburban footballers. Never at AFL level. Try this King lad>Jamar and Garlo back will help a lot. Put that Hogan lad in V GWS. make him play with a sore back.

Pederson's a floater? Yeah. Like Captain Cook on the Endeavour . Can't see him but sure can smell him.

For the last time Roos is NOT going to make wholesale changes. He said so himself.

It's been said many times on here that he is going to put some of the player in different positions.

It's not that hard to comprehend is it?

With no realistic prospect of having an effective tall, I believe we should try to go with the small forward line with pace. Byrnes stays along with Kennedy-Harris and include Bleese. WTF we have nothing left to try. Of course without quick forward entry we will still be stuffed.

Edited by america de cali

In the very least Fitzpatrick & Trengove need to go out this week. Watts will never play well against a bigger bodied team & got monstered by WCE, but would probably fare better against the less developed GWS, but given how poor he was I think Watts ought to be dropped too to make a statement.

Edited by nrc73

Terlich McDonald (on Patton) Dunn

Grimes Frawley (on Cameron) Georgiou

Trengove Viney Toumpas

Vince Watts Howe

Blease The Fitz Kennedy-Harris

Spencer Tyson Jones

Michie Cross Tapscott

Sub Kent

emerg. Clisby Garland Jamar

Ins: viney, blease, kent, tapscott

Outs: bail, m jones, byrnes, pedersen

Edited by spirit of norm smith

Just watched the Misson injury report. Made a really interesting comment. Said Garland, Jamar and McKenzie would all be right to play this weekend. When asked how long before AFL ready he said Jordy ready to go, having not missed a beat over the preseason before this little niggle.

Didn't say straight out Jamar and Garland were not ready for AFL (though clearly implied it) but pointedly said it would be up to the match committee if they are selected. Ordinarily he would have said Casey this week and i'd be shocked if the match committee would not be guided by Misson about fitness and match readiness.

Suggest two things. One, Jordy will play. Two, the match committee, or more likely Roos has said we need those boys in the team. Ready or not. Maybe they'll be picked?

Perhaps also suggests some tension between Misson and the coaches?

Edited by binman

B Georgiou Frawley Terlich

HB Grimes McDonald Cross

C Michie Tyson Salem

HF Vince Garland JKH

F Dunn Watts Jamar

FOL Spencer N.Jones Viney

Int: Blease, Mckenzie, Howe, Evans.

Emg: Pedo, molester, tree-trunk butter fingers.

In- Salem, Garland, Jamar, Viney, Blease, McKenzie, Evans

Out- Byrnes, Pedersen, Fitzpatrick, Trengove, Toumpas, Bail, M.Jones

Howe just squeezes in.

*swings axe*

Just watched the Misson injury report. Made a really interesting comment. Said Garland, Jamar and McKenzie would all be right to play this weekend. When asked how long before AFL ready he said Jordy ready to go, having not missed a beat over the preseason before this little niggle.

Didn't say straight out Jamar and Garland were not ready for AFL (though clearly implied it) but pointedly said it would be up to the match committee if they are selected. Ordinarily he would have said Casey this week and i'd be shocked if the match committee would not be guided by Misson about fitness and match readiness.

Suggest two things. One, Jordy will play. Two, the match committee, or more likely Roos has said we need those boys in the team. Ready or not. Maybe they'll be picked?

Perhaps also suggests some tension between Misson and the coaches?

No disrespect to Jordie (okay, maybe a little disrespect..), but this is the first time I can recall being quite relieved that he is coming back into the team, assuming that he does. He played well in the Richmond game. Very well actually. And he will leave nothing on the field.

I doubt they will rush Jamar back without going via Casey. Garlo might be an outside chance. Doubtful, but would be great if he can come back.

B Georgiou Frawley Terlich

HB Grimes McDonald Cross

C Michie Tyson Salem

HF Vince Garland JKH

F Dunn Watts Jamar

FOL Spencer N.Jones Viney

Int: Blease, Mckenzie, Howe, Evans.

Emg: Pedo, molester, tree-trunk butter fingers.

In- Salem, Garland, Jamar, Viney, Blease, McKenzie, Evans

Out- Byrnes, Pedersen, Fitzpatrick, Trengove, Toumpas, Bail, M.Jones

Howe just squeezes in.

*swings axe*

Rubbish, you are advocating that Roos does exactly what Neeld did.

Why not put all the players coming back in the Forward line.

That will certainly limit the amount of game time they will have for the first week.

Remember it's all about loads.

Just like the load of carp we get given by the club.