Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

All about Mitch Clark

All the Jacks

I don't think it does clear that money from the cap at all.

I am going off the old CBA here as they haven't publicly released the one from 2012-2016. Injury payments are included in the cap, how this one would be classified may be a matter of which year it is put into. I don't think it is unreasonable to discuss what you are discussing, I am just trying to give you more context and possible downsides to what you and a couple of others have suggested.

My suggestion that we were in charge of his less than optimal rehab is reality. It hasn't gone well, each time he has come back - it has been a failed launch. We should look somewhat internally at that - it happens in footy, or any sport, but how we have brought him back has not filled me with confidence in our processes.

And you automatically go to the idea it was the handling....and not the nature of injury ? Not all injuries heal well despite quality care. i.e patients dont always respond how you think.

re the cap..I cant help but remember someone telling me a whiles back it might depend on what % of the cap a club is already loaded at.

Be interesting to get this clarified for sure

Edited by beelzebub
  • Like 1

I wish Mitch well and that he does make a return to the club and makes a significant contribution.

However, if Peter Jackson is asking lapsed members for their trust, I would like also as a current and continuing member to also have the benefit of some trust back as well.

I'm not specifically referring to Mitch but in general, please stop feeding us the BS about injured players. Rather than have us expecting significant players to return in the weeks before the start of the season when that is a remote possibility, give us something that remotely resembles reality.

Hallelujah to that WJ.

I have had it with this BS we are fed on a weekly basis.

If Dawes is the first of May tell us if Hogan is we don't know, Tell us.

WE have not had a forward line for two years will another month or two make any difference?

• Like 4

The problem is that an injured player's status is always fluctuating and being reassessed.

Should the club be giving us love hourly injury updates?

Where does it end?

I think as supporters we need to accept that some things will remain a mystery... until they aren't.

Please stop supporting a system that is not working.

Clearly the majority of supporters would like the truth and not the current Mushroom factory deal.

AS I have said If they don't know what is wrong or how long Hogan will be out tell us.

I struggle to see what is lost by that and there is considerable to be gained IMO.

• Like 4

The money is lost unless I am mistaken.

We operate without him this year and acquire a Key position forward without him in calculations for 2015 and beyond.

Take care of him but he is no longer in the playing possibilities into the future.

Tough and brutal but that is the way of the AFL world.

• Like 1

The money is lost unless I am mistaken.

We operate without him this year and acquire a Key position forward without him in calculations for 2015 and beyond.

Take care of him but he is no longer in the playing possibilities into the future.

Tough and brutal but that is the way of the AFL world.

Why? The time for those decisions is October.

Just before Christmas he was running regularly and taking part in skill trainings. Since then things have obviously gone a long way astray but if things can go so bad in 3 months there's no reason that at some stage in the next 7 months things might not be a whole lot better.

I wish Mitch well and that he does make a return to the club and makes a significant contribution.

However, if Peter Jackson is asking lapsed members for their trust, I would like also as a current and continuing member to also have the benefit of some trust back as well.

I'm not specifically referring to Mitch but in general, please stop feeding us the BS about injured players. Rather than have us expecting significant players to return in the weeks before the start of the season when that is a remote possibility, give us something that remotely resembles reality.

You were happy to spruik and cheerlead all the spin from the previous administration. What gives? Edited by america de cali

Maybe he should relenquish all his money and go to a 3rd world country and get a real perspective about pain, sorrow and destitution.

Is he a man or still a boy? Maybe he is in transition? If so, good luck to him, I hope he can play footy for MFC again.

Brisbane players didn't happily sit back, Rockliff has been quite vocal about both Polec and Clark - as well as probably a raft of others.

I don't think Brisbane have just sat on their hands.

I do agree with you that if Clark needs to be in Perth, that we should pay his contract out and support him, if that is what he needs.

That's my point. Rockliff giving them a send off on twitter and Brown referring to them as fringe non best 22 players is not culture. Culture is realising you have a majority of players from interstate and making sure you work as hard as you can to prevent homesicknesses. Especially for guys who are very talented but fringe 22.

Not so much Longer and Karnezis but definitely Yeo, Docherty and Polec are going to hurt Brisbane. It's no surprise they recruited Moloney because he fits the blokey old school culture that Brisbane had up there under Voss and one that if it continues will keep costing them with 18 year olds taken from interstate.

• Like 2

Maybe he should relenquish all his money and go to a 3rd world country and get a real perspective about pain, sorrow and destitution.

Is he a man or still a boy? Maybe he is in transition? If so, good luck to him, I hope he can play footy for MFC again.

This post says much more about your development than his.

I wish Mitch all the best. The love all Melbourne fans feel for him, and the standing he is held in even by opposition fans, is testament to his character and ability - especially given the limited opportunities he's had to display his wares for the Dees.

I wish him a speedy recovery and hope like all buggery to see him again in the Red and Blue - if not, I wish him all the best for the future.

• Like 5

Why? The time for those decisions is October.

Just before Christmas he was running regularly and taking part in skill trainings. Since then things have obviously gone a long way astray but if things can go so bad in 3 months there's no reason that at some stage in the next 7 months things might not be a whole lot better.

tm he is clearly going to be no use this year.

You cannot come back from no training form January till when ever and expect to be any good this year.

You have to look at players that miss a month of pre season training they are generally poor all year.

Clark will have played 15 games out of a possible 66.

IMO it would be wise to look else where.

We are stuck with him till the end of 2015 for better or worse.

I am not suggesting we throw him in the street but IMO to be banking on him to make some miraculous recovery is fool hardy.

I bet the FD is right this minute planning for a replacement.

If they are not I would be very disappointed.

• Like 2

Clearly the majority of supporters would like the truth and not the current Mushroom factory deal.

AS I have said If they don't know what is wrong or how long Hogan will be out tell us.

I struggle to see what is lost by that and there is considerable to be gained IMO.

I spoke to a guy who works at the club (not in fitness department but another department). Didn't ask him about Clark as I hope he would've told me to mind my own business and I believe in privacy with these types of matters. But he confirmed Hogan is still a shot for round 2 but round 3 more likely and whilst the club did hang the carrot out there of round 1 they have been pretty consistent with the information surrounding him. Dawes - he said should hopefully play at Casey this week or next. Again I don't think they are hiding things with his injury just being extra cautious with recovery.

Because we've had difficult injuries with important players who need management we are all on the edge a bit. If Clark, Dawes and Hogan were 3 lessor names we really wouldn't care. The side effects of Clark's long lay off and repeat injuries seem to have taken a big effect on him, isn't that a reason why it's wise not to divulge every detail about injury to the masses?

In the mean time Garland is back running although a fair way off I think, Viney was back ready to play before he k.o. himself, Gawn got good minutes at Casey, Aidan Riley is working to his time table, Kent is back playing.

• Like 1

Hallelujah to that WJ.

I have had it with this BS we are fed on a weekly basis.

If Dawes is the first of May tell us if Hogan is we don't know, Tell us.

WE have not had a forward line for two years will another month or two make any difference?

Agree od, I'm not sure what they hope to achieve by keeping us in the dark about injuries. I remember talking to Whitey a few years ago at a function and he had a bit of a hammy problem and the club said it was an ankle; he said he could't understand why they didn't just say it as it was but that's the way they work.

The majority of supporters??? Maybe those who are on demonland, but perhaps catering to our obsessive interest in all things MFC is not always in the best interests of the club which has a wider membership and public to address.

And as for Hogan, they have told us - they don't know yet. Now maybe that is a lie and they know he will be out for 2 years.

There's no altering of running style/reconditioning after best part of 2 years out of the game are likely to create soft tissue injuries I'm not arguing with that. What I don't understand is why that would create long term soft tissue injuries that continue one after the other.

At the moment it's looking shaky as he's been in the same cycle for 3 months and had a hammy and calf reported and probably some tightness and things along the way. But with a player of Mitch's ability you keep trying for 2 or so years like Gumbleton or Higgins you don't give up after 3 months. A changed running style is made to be more biometrically correct to prevent injuries, yes that and reconditioning can lead to problems but the leap from that to career threatening I don't understand. Unless your source had particular reason that I'm not aware of why it wont work.

This was from an interview with Richo last june which has just been posted on another thread.

Richardson was forced to wear orthotic inserts in his boots for the rest of his career, which he fears slightly changed his running and landing, possibly contributing to hamstring injuries.

In the mean time Garland is back running although a fair way off I think, Viney was back ready to play before he k.o. himself, Gawn got good minutes at Casey, Aidan Riley is working to his time table, Kent is back playing.

It's a good point you make.

We actually have a pretty shallow injury list. It just happens to contain our 3 valuable tall forwards.

I won't factor Clark any more and look forward to Dawes and Hogan, who along with Howe, JKH, Kent and perhaps Fitzpatrick can still provide a potent forward-line.

• Like 1

The problem is that an injured player's status is always fluctuating and being reassessed.

Should the club be giving us love hourly injury updates?

Where does it end?

I think as supporters we need to accept that some things will remain a mystery... until they aren't.

no, he didn't say 'hourly updates'. You said that. He said 'something near reality'. Why do people here exaggerate somebody's comment and then respond to their own exaggeration? 'Hey man you want a camera on mitch clark 24/7!?' No, no I don't. That's not what I said. Grr.

they obviously have a policy of completely BSing us and it's infuriating

Edited by Curry & Beer
  • Like 4

no, he didn't say 'hourly updates'. You said that. He said 'something near reality'. Why do people here exaggerate somebody's comment and then respond to their own exaggeration? 'Hey man you want a camera on mitch clark 24/7!?' No, no I don't. That's not what I said. Grr.

they obviously have a policy of completely BSing us and it's infuriating

Yes agree People can disagree without belittling the other person.

That's my point. Rockliff giving them a send off on twitter and Brown referring to them as fringe non best 22 players is not culture. Culture is realising you have a majority of players from interstate and making sure you work as hard as you can to prevent homesicknesses. Especially for guys who are very talented but fringe 22.

Not so much Longer and Karnezis but definitely Yeo, Docherty and Polec are going to hurt Brisbane. It's no surprise they recruited Moloney because he fits the blokey old school culture that Brisbane had up there under Voss and one that if it continues will keep costing them with 18 year olds taken from interstate.

To be honest i just thought that was immature on both fronts, if i were in charge of the lions i'd have given them both a serious kick up the bum for that, all of those players if fit were in their best 22 and it's obvious the club contributed to them leaving, clubs that are good to be at find a way to hold onto their interstate players, how many Geelong boys do you see wanting to head home

What happened to the original purpose of this thread? There is another one for general discussion.

you'd need to find it first

So sad to hear you appear to have yet another injury and will be out of the game for an indefinite period of time.

Just know that we will be here waiting for you to run out onto the G for your first game - be it one week, two or even a month or so.

The fact that you are copping these injuries must be demoralising for even the most positive person and you strike me as one of these so just know that we care and want you back fit, healthy and raring to go.

Take all the time you need and all I hope is that the #11 comes back to the Dees to enjoy the success we will have as a group.. we want you and need you back but we need you to be ready..

• Like 1

I can't believe people are worried about if it's paid leave or not, he's a demon player going through a tough time, either offer something supportive or keep quiet it's really not that hard, it's this basic common sense that seperates us from Collingwood supporters and right now we look just as bad.

All the best Mitch!

• Like 2

why is there even this thread when the other is perfectly good

suggest a merger mods

This was meant to be a completely different thread to leave supportive messages for one of our players, but the usual dh's have tried to derail it, and a few more have either missed or ignored the point. Clearly you don't understand the idea of this thread either so maybe just post in the other one.

• Like 1

I can't believe people are worried about if it's paid leave or not, he's a demon player going through a tough time, either offer something supportive or keep quiet it's really not that hard, it's this basic common sense that seperates us from Collingwood supporters and right now we look just as bad.

All the best Mitch!

The only thing that separates us from the pies is a few $million and they have won two Gf's in the last 50 years and we have won nil.