• Podcast:     

• Podcast:     

The rise of the Toump

Machsy the kid is only 19 years old of course there is plenty of improvement left in him. He will only get better and the whole AFL know that. He doesn't need to get bigger but he still get a hell of a lot stronger. In fact saw a recent pic of him in Dubai and he is looking seriously fit and slimmed right down so he you would expect to have added some pace aswell.

Were you also saying Joel Selwood and Dustin Martin couldn't improve after their first years?

Way off the mark there with that comment.

I agree.

The comparison between Wines and Selwood is spot on, not only do they both have great inside games - but they are both leaders of men.

I hope for Toumpas sake that he isn't always lumbered into the Wines debate and in fairness to Toumpas, he done very well to play games this year given his preparation.

We shouldn't of played Toumpas as early as we did this year - and likewise Trengove and Clark.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was one event this year that gave me great hope for the Toump. I can't remember which game, but N Jones went for his 1-2 loop around the back of the pack move. He passed to Toump and ran the arc screaming for the ball. Two opponents were in motion to cut him off. Rather than blindly obeying the senior player's instruction, Toump dummied the handball then went the other way, splitting the pair going for Jones and nailed a pass forward. It showed great awareness and quick thinking as well as his beautiful skills. If he can get more of the ball and continue to show that sort of game sense then we have a winner.

I'm convinced Machsy is Jose Murihno... Posts aplenty and always pushed the Toumpas-thumper nickname, for no reason at all.

Toumpas will be a star, he's driven and will give himself every chance.

The guys had multiple usernames over the last few years pretty sure e25, Artie Bucco etc were him as well

The guys had multiple usernames over the last few years pretty sure e25, Artie Bucco etc were him as well

e25 LMAO, that guy was an absolute germ..

Back to the Toumpas topic, I back him to flourish within the next few seasons surrounded by a much better and more experienced midfield. With the likes of Jones, Viney, Vince, Cross winning hard balls and feeding out to Toumpas who I feel has great composure in traffic and then delivering inside 50 will be the best part of his game. His decision making around the ground will set us up for the years to come. He just needs his hands more on the ball, which will come with our midfield getting better by the year.

e25 LMAO, that guy was an absolute germ..

Back to the Toumpas topic, I back him to flourish within the next few seasons surrounded by a much better and more experienced midfield. With the likes of Jones, Viney, Vince, Cross winning hard balls and feeding out to Toumpas who I feel has great composure in traffic and then delivering inside 50 will be the best part of his game. His decision making around the ground will set us up for the years to come. He just needs his hands more on the ball, which will come with our midfield getting better by the year.

All these Wines comparison are great

Honestly, Toumpas is the classiest player i have EVER seen walk through Melbourne's door. even more so than i thought Scully was..

The composure the kid has with his kick will be a highlight over the next decade.

The kid has no other comparisons to other players because he will be an individual, soon enough people will compare future draftees to Toumpas.

Watch him be a jet

All these Wines comparison are great

Honestly, Toumpas is the classiest player i have EVER seen walk through Melbourne's door. even more so than i thought Scully was..

The composure the kid has with his kick will be a highlight over the next decade.

The kid has no other comparisons to other players because he will be an individual, soon enough people will compare future draftees to Toumpas.

Watch him be a jet

LIKE!

Morton will be a jet...

Gysberts will be a jet...

I have been burned one too many times.

When I see wings on Toumpas, with flames shooting out his backside and him breaking mach 3 then, and only then will I declare him a jet.

Morton will be a jet...

Gysberts will be a jet...

I have been burned one too many times.

When I see wings on Toumpas, with flames shooting out his backside and him breaking mach 3 then, and only then will I declare him a jet.

Nutbean, there is a huge difference between Toumpas and the two you mention, Toumpas wants to be elite and is prepared to what ever it takes to give him the best opportunity to get to that level, the other two expected it would just happen.

Simply not hard enough at it. Won't make the grade hoped of

Between Morton and a B grader

Wow......All this for a young rookie who was getting over an injury in his first year......Just...Wow....

In the last six years we have had a large number of draftees pronounced as jets, saviours and the greatest things since sliced bread.

So far zero result to those pronouncements.

Can we just for a change give the kid a year or three to prove he is good.

can we please not bury this one under a tonne of expectation?

In the last six years we have had a large number of draftees pronounced as jets, saviours and the greatest things since sliced bread.

So far zero result to those pronouncements.

Can we just for a change give the kid a year or three to prove he is good.

can we please not bury this one under a tonne of expectation?

Good call 'old dee'

We'll see

I bet I'm right though

Got to be two of the dumbest posts I've ever read. What kind of 'supporter' writes crap like this? These are worth bookmarking. You make Ben Her look like a pair of rose coloured glasses

Haha well done on winning the 'worst post ever' Title..

While we are at it you can have tool of the year aswell.. FMD

i really dont want to get abusive here, holding it back.

But it's AFL supporters like you that make me want to tear out the seats at the MCG.

I will reiterate a point that you're seeming to forget, we HAVE NEVER had a player of such class and composure with the footy.

Toumpas by 2016 will be a far better player than Jones IMO, he will surpass our so called 'good players' so quickly ill be like a flash of light.

Edited by Grimseyisgod

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.