Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

James Frawley .. need him to commit

Demon_Tingles

Right, one-by-one.

Roos said he was going to try and secure our key talent ahead of them going into Free Agency. Safe to assume, Frawley was a part of that emboldened stance. So, yes to that!

You're right it doesn't make me happy to see Frawley hold off. Being a team member require you to put the team first. Geelong has proven how well this formula works. Even Collingwood. (I can't believe how little Dawes was on at Collingwood... True team player)

The indication can be put to rest by signing on. The two fluff articles seemed like overkill for someone considering their future. Makes me feel like he's overcompensated his position. Oh, and also the intention to go to Saints as previously stated.

Clarko said the same thing about Buddy. The reality is that Cloke and Dagger is needed in these situations. Nobody, likes the result, but tension leads to war. The only way to subside it, is to sign on. Otherwise, it means a season of playing with a guy that you think is leaving for most of the year. We've been through that with Scully. It sucks a massive amount of a#$e.

Over to you.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but talking about waiting it out for 2014 and then receiving pick 5 (optimistic) as compo...won't compo be gone by that stage?

I'm not saying we give him an ultimatum now, because he has every right to see how things pan out, but if he does decide to leave after next season, our compensation will be nought, no?

I tell you what...its just as well we're all discussing it here as Im sure the club has absolutely no handle on this, wouldnt have even ocurred to them...no siree !! ffs :rolleyes: MFCSS epitomised !! lol :wacko:

• Like 1

I tell you what...its just as well we're all discussing it here as Im sure the club has absolutely no handle on this, wouldnt have even ocurred to them...no siree !! ffs :rolleyes: MFCSS epitomised !! lol :wacko:

Yeah fair point. Won't be shocked or upset if he's a part of a trade next week though. Like some posters might be.

Truth - I will be upset. Love Frawls. Just, he made a calculated guess to wait, and the club made a calculated guess to not be left with d#&k in hand.

Yeah fair point. Won't be shocked or upset if he's a part of a trade next week though. Like some posters might be.

Truth - I will be upset. Love Frawls. Just, he made a calculated guess to wait, and the club made a calculated guess to not be left with d#&k in hand.

We just have to accept that its all part of the new landscape. Squawkers move on from losing Buddy...and life goes on etc.

He might be just boxing clever. He waits.. Dees pick up a bit...he negotiates a good bit of paper..all happy....or he goes.....and life goes on anyway.

Right, one-by-one.

Roos said he was going to try and secure our key talent ahead of them going into Free Agency. Safe to assume, Frawley was a part of that emboldened stance. So, yes to that!

You're right it doesn't make me happy to see Frawley hold off. Being a team member require you to put the team first. Geelong has proven how well this formula works. Even Collingwood. (I can't believe how little Dawes was on at Collingwood... True team player)

The indication can be put to rest by signing on. The two fluff articles seemed like overkill for someone considering their future. Makes me feel like he's overcompensated his position. Oh, and also the intention to go to Saints as previously stated.

Clarko said the same thing about Buddy. The reality is that Cloke and Dagger is needed in these situations. Nobody, likes the result, but tension leads to war. The only way to subside it, is to sign on. Otherwise, it means a season of playing with a guy that you think is leaving for most of the year. We've been through that with Scully. It sucks a massive amount of a#$e.

Over to you.

That's no proof what so ever that the MFC has put an extension in front of Chip

I think all we know is Chip hasn't been mentioned as signing a contract extension.

& I think it was fairly public, that Chip wanted out to the Saints earlier in the year. thats what has started all this talk.

& if we finish 9th next year, it could be around P11ish, or later?

I challenged you on another thread twice to back up your claims that Chip had stated he wanted out.

Gutlessly, you ignored this.

Now you make similar claims here....

You wouldn't have a long wooden nose by chance?

Edited by Rod Grinter Riot Squad

Correct me if I'm wrong, but talking about waiting it out for 2014 and then receiving pick 5 (optimistic) as compo...won't compo be gone by that stage?

I'm not saying we give him an ultimatum now, because he has every right to see how things pan out, but if he does decide to leave after next season, our compensation will be nought, no?

Please show me the article that quotes the AFL saying they will scrap compensation picks.

If we, as a club, can't back ourselves to keep our best players, we may as well shut down now.

Seriously people, chill out.

Not a great record on that front to date, though, hey Jaded?

I hope it doesn't come to this.

Trading your best players because you fear they might not re-sign and go elsewhere is worse than desperation.

After Frawley would be Garland, then Jones. I suppose we'd also get rid of Hogan because he comes from WA.

God help us, if MFC reaches these panic stations.

No, it isn't worse than desperation. It is being hard nosed about the Club's best interests, which are to either secure a player or get something for them.

Garland and Jones might be more committed to sign on earlier than the expiration of their contracts.

Do you know for a fact that he has been offered a contract extension and refused to sign it?

Do you not concede that whilst it might make you happy, it really could mean a better deal for Frawley if he holds off?

Meaning that he is only acting in his best interests, as anyone should be allowed to do?

Has there been any indication from Frawley that he intends to leave?

If that's the case, why doesn't he just let the club know now, and they'll trade him, getting him where he wants to go a year early?

???????????????????????????????????

Of course it will be a better deal for Frawley! And he's totally entitled to hold off and get the best deal possible.

BUT, if he is willing to play chicken like that, MFC is also entitled to get the best deal for itself, not just take his word for it that he loves the place and will just sign up when he feels like it.

I think, generally, the AFL is going to have to get used to a much more Amercian way of doing things. The whole 'play for the jumper' stuff is gone and players quite rightly will move around to make the most of their short time in the game. It is only a matter of time before clubs start catching up on the thinking, and getting more ruthless with their lists and list management.

We just have to accept that its all part of the new landscape. Squawkers move on from losing Buddy...and life goes on etc.

He might be just boxing clever. He waits.. Dees pick up a bit...he negotiates a good bit of paper..all happy....or he goes.....and life goes on anyway.

I'd say we'd give him whatever paper he wanted right now, to be honest. I think it has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Why should he re commit. 2014 hasnt started. I dont blame him for waiting and seeing how much we improve. Look I had an issue if Watts left but James has busted his guts out in our backline. The amount of time it has been in there over the past 3 seasons has been a lot and he is always fighting hard.

I would be shattered if he goes next year but if a hawthorn or geelong or a freo want him then I dont blame him for going to a team that will play finals or win a flag. Unfortunately when the team has been crap in the past few years players will want to go.

• Like 1

Everyone stop bloody wringing your hands and being pathetic, Chip will be signing a contract extension. No doubt.

Everyone stop bloody wringing your hands and being pathetic, Chip will be signing a contract extension. No doubt.

Can you please give me your Powerball numbers for next week?

• Like 1

If anyone honestly believes that the MFC have not offered one of our best players a new contract then they are kidding themselves. Honestly as if you would not have a decent contract in front of him already. That is terrible business if they have not offered him one. James Frawley would without doubt have a contract there waiting for him to sign and on fair decent coin too. There is no way you would wait until the last year of one of your best players contracts to offer him an extension.

Dear James ...

Here is a 4 year contract extension for 2015-2018. I have managed to get $450,000 a year ($1.8 million) for this. It is a fair offer based on the longevity and your vital role in our team as a leader. You are a very important part of the future of the Melbourne Football Club.

Peter Jackson

CEO and informal saviour

(enough to save him from GWS who will offer a 9-year $10 million deal !!!)

Dear James ...

Here is a 4 year contract extension for 2015-2018. I have managed to get $450,000 a year ($1.8 million) for this. It is a fair offer based on the longevity and your vital role in our team as a leader. You are a very important part of the future of the Melbourne Football Club.

Peter Jackson

CEO and informal saviour

I have heard a 15 year deal myself.

• Like 1

I challenged you on another thread twice to back up your claims that Chip had stated he wanted out.

Gutlessly, you ignored this.

Now you make similar claims here....

You wouldn't have a long wooden nose by chance?

I haven't seen your responses, & I've been out driving for the last 8 or so hours, from Gippsland to Seaford to Hampton to Sth Morang to Doncaster to Gippsland. just got back onto the site, to read this crap.

you [censored].

grinter riot squad, I know Grinter & he's not as weak as this garbage.

no wooden nose but a wooden toy heading your way.

now, chip was spoken of widely early in the year he wanted out as many were reported to want. & rumour was the Saints was on his agenda. widely spoken of about the media early in the season.

just as JW wanted out, but i suppose you think thats all lies, damn lies as well. well there's no mistaking your gullibility to believe all put out in front of your eager little eyes to grovel up on.

I'm sure you thought $cully would stay as well. 'Oh he wants to be a one club player' doesn't he.

truth is whilst we're re-sorting this list, & heavily into the trade period atmo, Now is a great time to hear from chip about his intentions. that is unless the club of choice is full in its salary cap this year, & can't move on him until next year?

whatever, I for one would like to hear from Chip, either to sign another contract Now, or tell us he wants out & we can organise it.

Edited by dee-luded

Dear James ...

Peter Jackson

CEO and informal saviour

only $450k?

If Daisy is worth $700k expect Frawley to be on good coin on the open market.

• Like 2

I haven't seen your responses, & I've been out driving for the last 8 or so hours, from Gippsland to Seaford to Hampton to Sth Morang to Doncaster to Gippsland. just got back onto the site, to read this crap.

you [censored].

grinter riot squad, I know Grinter & he's not as weak as this garbage.

no wooden nose but a wooden toy heading your way.

now, chip was spoken of widely early in the year he wanted out as many were reported to want. & rumour was the Saints was on his agenda. widely spoken of about the media early in the season.

just as JW wanted out, but i suppose you think thats all lies, damn lies as well. well there's no mistaking your gullibility to believe all put out in front of your eager little eyes to grovel up on.

I'm sure you thought $cully would stay as well. 'Oh he wants to be a one club player' doesn't he.

truth is whilst we're re-sorting this list, & heavily into the trade period atmo, Now is a great time to hear from chip about his intentions. that is unless the club of choice is full in its salary cap this year, & can't move on him until next year?

whatever, I for one would like to hear from Chip, either to sign another contract Now, or tell us he wants out & we can organise it.

Good on you Richard.

Previously you stated he was on the record as stating he wants out.

You made this up.

So, carry on like a pork chop, take what the media say as gospel, do what you want.

That said, if you are going to blatantly lie about our players, don't sook when you are called out on it.

I hate to tell you, Mr Cranium, but what you want is irrelevant and your hysterical carrying on is pathetic.

• Like 1