Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Tomas Bugg & Matt Buntine

The AFL's newest club has made it known it is also prepared to trade out defender Tomas Bugg and midfielder Matt Buntine for the right deal, following their two years at the club. Bugg was a rising star nomination in 2012, and Buntine was the fifth overall national draft selection two years ago.

Don't know enough about either of these 2 boys from GWS, do they fit what we are looking for? And wat would we have to give up for them.

Obviously pick 2 is out of the equation and personally I hope we hold on to our 2nd pick because I have a feeling there will still be quality players there at that selection. But what about the compensation pick we get for Sylvia, will it be enough.

Thoughts??

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/afl/lions-go-hard-in-hawks-trade-off/story-fnca0u4y-1226733861019

What the hell is going on at on GWS. They win 1 game then seem willing to trade Adams, Bruce, Giles, Bugg (4 of their best 22) and Buntine. Are they serious?

They need Giles to work with Mummy as none of their young kids are ideally suited as back up rucks although Boyd or Patton could do it and so could a few others but not yet at all! It astounds me how little they rate Giles when he has a crack and isn't the worst up forward.

They need Bruce because Phil Davis has stunk so far and they dont have a raft of ready key defenders.

And they need the young midfielders who can impact games like Adams can until they can actually win enough games to trade a couple out in search of a Franklin.

Gubby Allan and Silvagni are slaughtering a gift of a playing list.

Anyway back on topic. Bugg's talented and a hard worker. Could play back flank or ideally half forward and through the midfield. I'd have him for that role or defensive half forward. Plays with character as well. Would consider our second round pick and it would be a done deal for third rounder.

Buntine was a promising junior but hasn't shown a lot yet. I'd take him super cheap (third round) but that wouldn't get the deal done. I'd be confident that within a season or two he'd be a ready to go upgrade on Dunn or cover for Garland to let him play in various roles within the backline.

Giles wanted to leave last year, until it became clear he'd be first choice and they gave him $$$.

That has now changed.

Bugg was good last year, but quiet this year.

We don't know - behind the scenes Bugg and Buntine may be desperately homesick.

Buntine not done much to this stage.

There'll be no room for Bruce in their defense very soon.

Undersized for mine.

Adams, whilst a leader, has the potential to be a bad leader.

I think he could cause trouble, be a bit of a sh*thead, and others will follow suit.

Just things I've heard from iffy sources.

Their were rumours last year about Giles but it's weird that a guy on his second chance would want to leave. Made no sense to me. Plus you bring in Mumford and take out Giles how much have you actually improved? I'd rather go with both for at least a year.

Bugg and Buntine might be but if we were you usually here about that first a bit like some of the Brisbane guys.

Bruce is 197cm, not small. Might not be good enough but right now he and Phil Davis are the best talls they have. I'd keep him and keep playing him and he'll probably keep improving.

Adams has a bit of a reputation off field but nothing horrible and plenty of young players get up to a bit when they are young. Toby Greene has a much worse one. And Adams is more than worth it on field. Again he and Shiel are the ones who are really producing as ball winning mids. Plenty of other of their high picks right now are miles from it - Hoskin-Elliott, O'Rourke, Sumner, Dom Tyson even Coniglio who was meant to be a star.

I'd be fine if these were there moves if they were gold coast this year after winning 8 or so games that they did. But once again they've won 1 game and potentially have 4 best 22 players leaving and so far only Mumford coming in. Crazy. Reminds me of us last year where we lost Moloney, Petterd and Rivers and replaced them with Rodan, Byrnes and Pedersen.

it's pretty hard to gauge what someone like Buntine's trade value would be. It only seems like yesterday that his name was read out as a top 5 pick VERY highly rated junior who has fallen under the radar/not produced anything of note in his AFL career to date. Regardless, I don't think a NQR sized player fits our needs.

I'd take Bugg for sure and play him off half back, reckon he'd be a good fit for us. Bit of pace and I reckon would only cost us one of our 2nd rounders (assuming we get one for Sylvia).

Buntine I'm not sure. He seems one of those players that doesn't really have a position which we probably have enough of....

• Like 1

Adams, whilst a leader, has the potential to be a bad leader.

I think he could cause trouble, be a bit of a sh*thead, and others will follow suit.

Just things I've heard from iffy sources.

Wasn't Adams put on a serious assault charge a couple of years ago.

Wouldn't touch him with a 40 foot pole.

Interesting that GWS are trying to get some more experience in there by offering up kids. Smart move really, considering that they are in need of list balance and have plenty of other kids waiting in the wings for opportunity.

It all depends on asking price. Any of the senior players we have had that have any trade value have left via free agency. If picks are an option we could certainly have a look.

If roos plans on talking with Jolly, no doubt he is going to be floating our ruck stocks on the trade table. Spencer and Jamar have little to zero trade value, and Fitzy would net you unders as would Gawn.

If Gilles is being traded to the Crows, would the GWS buy low on Jamar and net a picks for some of their kids? I understand Jamar isn't worth much at all, but for list balance he might be useful is Mummy gets hurt. If Jolly isn't coming back to demonland, then Roos might stick with our current ruck stocks, but is interesting to see how Jolly could be signed without at leas moving one of our current rucks.

They could be doing a Gold coast and are trying to spread the age of their list. Which would be the smarter move. I dont think theyd want more draft picks though? There wouldn't be much point trading your younger guys for picks, would there? If you were Gws that is.

Allegedly wants out of GWS.

Running Half back who's 2 years and 32 games into the system.

Reckon we should get in this kids ear and convince him that PSD is the way to go for him as I reckon there's a spot on the HBF for him, Strauss, Blease & Clisby to all fight for.

http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/player-profile/tomas-bugg

Gippsland Power boy, so hopefully our link with Casey which is heading out that way may hold us in a good place.

Sorry, didn't realise there was already a thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THXKrtyHFhs

Looks to have good hands and isn't affraid to put his head over the ball. As I said above, we should get this kid into the PSD and he could potentially have a starting gig on the HBF for Round 1 next year.

I really enjoy watching Thomas Bugg play, I have also met him and is a very nice kid. Not at all arrogant so if we get into his ear then we are a chance to get him. Play him off half back or wing

• Like 1

I'd be after Dom Tyson and Tomas Bugg with pick 2 plus pick 20.

I like Bugg and Tyson is a good-sized polished inside/outside mid who went pick 3.

Buntine is hard at the footy and good in close, but for a HBF type he doesn't provide a lot of run or kick particularly well.

Would be better moulded as an inside mid, but his outside work would hold him back.

Maybe a PSD option?

I'd pursue the other 2 first.

The Age 17/10

Matthew Buntine and Tom Bugg are young Giants linked to the proposed swap for pick two, which would also see Melbourne gain the Giants' selection No.9. Buntine, a backman, was the No.5 selection in 2011 while midfielder Bugg was signed as a 17-year-old

keep talking ... no Aish or Scharenberg BUT would get Bugg, Buntine & pick 9... say Luke Billings (yes, we may have a deal).

That's Hogan + Michie, Vince, Bugg, Buntine, Billings and pick 24 (Zac Jones), 36 (Cameron Giles - highly talented young full back in the draft) , 70 (Clisby - rookie upgrade).

(BTW here's my top 20)

Tom Boyd

James Aish

Matt Scharenberg

Josh Kelly

Matt Crouch

Dominic Sheed

Luke McDonald [ F/son]

Marco Bontempelli

Luke Billings

Kade Kolodjashnij

Christian Salem

Nathan Freeman

Luke Dunstan

Ben Lennon

Lewis Taylor

Blake Acres

Cameron McCarthy

Isaiah Miller

Darcy Gardiner

Trent Dumont

I'm excited. I've got it stuck into my head that Buntine would be a great addition to our defensive set up (medium sized, mobile, very smart, responsible) and is supposed to go alright in the midfield. It's a mystery why he has been so plain for his two year's so far - you don't win the AIS Ben Mitchell (did I recall the name right?) award if you have a poor attitude, that's for sure.

For a reasonable price, I'd be stoked to have him on our list.

• Like 1