Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Brad Miller joins Roos' coaching panel

MadAsHell

wtf r u talking about I have never defended a thing

1) I remember copping an earful from you once because I dared say that going around making jokes about tanking, while not a rock solid case for conviction, was pretty damn stupid and amateurish. You then proceeded to spit the dummy and told me that I, like everyone else, wanted us to tank as it was the smartest way to go about things and all I was was a revisionist. That's not the case and I think history shows the scoreboard as: CBF 1 C&B 0.

2) You still tell us how getting rid of Junior Mac was a good idea as he was 'finished'. The CEO has basically come out and said it was a bad idea (more the handling if anything).

3) In a thread recently, you were asking me to prove that the appointment of the two Jacks caused animosity. (See said thread for my reply).

4) To be honest, I reckoned Millsy's time was up as well and we could have let him go at the end of 2010 (I get the feeling how it was handled was another Cuddles Connolly special as Brad didn't even want a farewell game and decided to play the year out at Casey in a winning team). However, when both he and Junior were booted, we lost two locker room leaders and we are where were are today.

It took 'till about mid year for the penny to drop with you but you still come on here and defend the indefensible. I don't mind contrary views but it seems every one of your rebuttals starts with 'What garbage' or some loaded statement.

Edited by Guest

I don't confess to know anything about Brads ability to be a coach but I know that he will be the best coach MFC has ever seen because he was an average player in a bad team and that means he will be an absolute gun as a coach.

I just hope that he doesn't impart his style of play onto the Melbourne forward line. Whenever Brad ended up with the ball in his hands after a good lead, he invariably passed it off as he didn't seem to have confidence in roosting it through from 50 metres out!

For thinking that playing results have anything at all to do with leadership and coaching ability.

yeah OK so that's why Voss, Buckley and Hird were all made senior coaches of the clubs they captained. Paul Roos was 7 time all-australian. He has a history of achievement and that's why we are so pumped to have him at the club. Miller is the exact opposite. There is obviously a huge relationship between what you did on the field and what you can do in the box.

Paul Roos has the runs on the board... just where are Voss, Buckley and Hird now?

I just hope that he doesn't impart his style of play onto the Melbourne forward line. Whenever Brad ended up with the ball in his hands after a good lead, he invariably passed it off as he didn't seem to have confidence in roosting it through from 50 metres out!

It was one of Brad's major weaknesses as a player. He was a CHF but couldn't kick goals from the fifty meter mark (the traditional domain of the CHF).

and as usual you have nothing of substance to add whatsoever and instead focus on your opinion of other posters. Thanks for nothing.

Instead of making comments on other people, which if of zero interest yo anybody reading, do you want to have a crack at explaining how it is a good idea to bring people to the club with a history of failing the MFC, I would love to hear your expert opinion

Unlike you I don't always have an expert opinion. I am modest enough to know that never having played or coached at AFL level and not being close to sources closely involved with AFL, and being buried in NSW where I can only get a limited idea from TV of what the team is actually doing, my opinions on players/coaches are not worth much.

But when you rule out Miller as a coach on the grounds you did, even I can see that what you wrote is rubbish.

Since you ask for my opinion of Miller appointment, here it is: If Roos thinks he can do it, that's enough for me.

(But still happy to read reasonable comments from others amateurs and comment on their comments which seem reasonable or otherwise.)

• Like 2

Voss - out of a job

Hird - suspended a year and his clubs a disgrace

Buckley - hasn't achieved anything

Yet we look at the grand final this week

Lyon - journeyman player

Clarkson - best thing he ever did on the field was belt a bloke at a London trial game

You seem to think that if we load up on successful players as coaches then that will just bring success. That's not true at all. We need hard working and committed people to bring a culture of hard work and if they are skilled at their jobs then success will come. It's also a lot of anger for a development coaching role when Miller still has a huge gap in playing career than Greaves, Nicholls and Satterley.

Well put, although the logic and sensibility may be lost on C&B.

This is a new start for Frosty, hes coming in at the low level, some would have us judge the appointment as though he was the annointed successor...lol

Roos is building something...Miller is just a bit of it. he obviously must have qualities that Roos seeks to instill in the new Melbourne

• Like 1

Well I loved Brad Miller during his playing days and rapt that he is coming back to the fold. I am certain Paul Roos knows what he is doing.

• Like 4

You are living in a fantasy world, the world of children's books that say 'try your best and you can achieve anything'

the real world insists that in order to win it is not good enough to just try

unless of course you enjoy have an ineffective CHF for nine years and the club winning one final in that time

if that that type of effort/result is good enough for you, you must love being a melbourne supporter. Personally I can't stand it.

For thinking that playing results have anything at all to do with leadership and coaching ability.

yeah OK so that's why Voss, Buckley and Hird were all made senior coaches of the clubs they captained. Paul Roos was 7 time all-australian. He has a history of achievement and that's why we are so pumped to have him at the club. Miller is the exact opposite. There is obviously a huge relationship between what you did on the field and what you can do in the box.

You are wrong on so many levels it defies normality...

If you believe in Roos ability so much (as we all do) then why don't you trust this appointment?

I've never used the abbreviation 'NFI' before but seriously mate it must be tattooed on your forehead...

You are starting to sound like 'freak'...... Don't worry though Miller was 194cm IIRC...

This is a bit of a surprise. Nothing against Brad but what can he do. Also a development coach, what group will he work with. Lets hope he makes a far better coach than he was a player. He was so frustrating he would show a lot but never saw it every week. So who has he replaced?

Anyway I guess with Roosy as a mentor it will be ok. I trust Roosy and what he is doing

omg tell me this is isn't happening

its happening and l think its a good decision................l see you like the beautiful Olivia Munn aka 'Sloan Sabbath' , good taste mate

Edited by baysidedave
  • Like 1

Let's not have yet another thread destroyed by one belligerent poster. Responding to C&B only fuels the fire.

Yes... but so much... Internet rage!!!

I can't contain it!

Groan C&B, groan.

It's a entry level dev position.

We promise to spend some money and get a nice big head coach for you - wait a sec...

I believe bringing back Miller and the attempt to get Junior back has also something to do with the healing process. Roos is clever enough to see that harmony and team elan has been a missing essential ingredient from our club. A lot of current players felt badly burned by the recent past and as long as Miller has the right basic credentials to coach it is a smart move.

• Like 1

He reeks of something that's for sure.

He was at the club for NINE years, and he cracked the top10 of the BnF ONCE, when came 7th in 2008. How can you be considered a good leader if you vastly underperform year in, year out.

If a player who is drafted at No 50 "underperforms" when he doesn't crack the top ten, then we have 34 players each year that don't crack the top ten & "underperform".

Players can play to the best of their ability & finish 20th in the B & F without "underperfotming"

I just love how no one outside the club had any idea this was coming.Not a whisper.Quite pleased with Brad coming back into the fold.Might not have always been a smart footballer per se, but his work ethic was second to none.Also is quite an intelligent bloke, and coaching and match analysis is very different to in-game footy smarts.And he's only a development FCS!He hasn't been annointed the "successor"!

I suspect if anyone on the gossip vine heard about it, they may not have felt it warranted passing on. It isn't exactly big news, as Brad Miller has no profile as a coaching staffer. Good to seem him back though, honest ordinary trier. He frustrated many supporters because we desperately wanted him to be more talented than he was. This bears no relevance of course to how well he'll coach, and clearly he has important admirers. Good luck Brad. Hi Pia :)

Wow, this thread degenerated quickly.

One part pointless flaming of an honest former player, one part MFC-SS 'we'll all be ruined' wailing, throw in a bunch of wink-nudge about the player's wife, and then slide into childish sneering at eachother. Wish there was some way to automatically filter out all the brown noise on here.

Anyway, Brad Miller has as good a playing record as either of this year's Grand Final coaches, so that's hardly a deciding factor, and as a player he was known for his professionalism and leadership. He is also someone that Roos has been aware of for a long time (such as through the attempt to recruit him many years ago) so this is not a spur of the moment decision.

• Like 8

OK - I know 2013 was living hell, but all this Brad Miller angst is unbelievable. He wasn't the best on our list but he was also far from our worst. Cut him some slack. PJ and Roos see something in him.

Denis Pagan - average to poor footballer but great coach

Tom Hafey - average footballer but great coach

Alistair Clarkson - ok footballer but great coach

And I would have him back as the whiteboard wiper if it meant seeing Pia around the traps again. There is prettiness, girl-next-door prettiness, voluptuous sex queen, beauty...and then there is Pia.

Got it covered well there Maldonboy.

Particularly the first Paragraph.

I am sure PJ and PR know way more about this game than 99% on here me included.

• Like 3