Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

MELBOURNE TEAM FOR ROUND 1, 2014

felixdacat

round 1.

fb- terlich, frawley, Dunn

hb- Grimes, Mcdonald, Garland

c- toumpas, Tyson, trengove

hf- howe, dawes, watts

ff- hogan, clark, tapscott

fol- Gawn, Jones, Viney

int- mckenzie, mitchie, vince

sub- blease

Are you the only one to have Dunn ?

I think its going to be a interesting year for him.

He is mature, tough and can kick the ball 65metres.

He can play on talls and smalls, and should be our designated kicker from points.

He is better than Ted Richards.

Edited by tonatopia
  • Like 2

Happy to have him as a run with, negating, big bodied mid next year, who can play half back or half forward when required. He can do all that although many seem to hate him because he hasn't been a star and so he should be got rid of. He can be good back up.

He can play on talls and smalls, and should be our designated kicker from points.

Facetious? Dunn isn't tough. He puts up a facade of "toughness", by jumper-punching behind the play. He's not tough at the ball or in the contest. He's also not a solid defender. Richards is.

Ted Richards 2012 All Australian CHB ?

Ok then

For what it's worth...

B: Terlich McDonald Garland

HB: Grimes Frawley Michie

C: Toumpas Tyson Watts

HF: Trengove Dawes Vince

F: Hogan Clark Howe

R: Gawn N.Jones Viney

Int: Freeman Cross M.Jones Evans (sub)

-Clark, Hogan, and Watts can share backup ruck duties
-Frawley to HB so he can use his dash again, like when he was AA
-Howe deeper so his marking is more dangerous
-Jones and Viney in the guts
-Watts as an outside mid
-No crumbing forward as such, Howe and Vince can do that, and let's remember how mobile and how good a rover Clark was when fit
-Blease needs to learn to run both ways and we don't need him for token midfield speed anymore as we have more balance
-Jamar to Casey most weeks unless there's injuries

B: Colin Garland Tom Mcdonald Luke Tapscott

HB: jack Grimes James Frawley Jimmy Toumpas

C: Jack Watts Dom Tyson Viv Michie

HF: Jesse Hogan Chris Dawes Nathan Freeman

F: Jeremy Howe Mitch Clark Dean Kent

FOL: Mark Jamar Bernie Vince Nathan Jones

I/C: Jack Viney Jack Trengove Daniel Cross

SUB: Sam Blease

Assuming we draft Nathan Freeman at #9

Much better looking team, particularly like the half back line and the half forward line,

Think Viv Michie is going to prove to be a huge steal for us, as will Dom Tyson and Pick 9 for pick 2, watched alot of Tyson and personally rate him as a top 3 pick alone if he is able to stay fit.

This one takes the cake. Great work.

Just to let people know, we dont have Cross or Freeman yet.

What is it with people saying we have Cross. I actually think he will go to Carlton. I bloody hope I'm proven wrong

You guys aren't getting the point of the thread. Best "POSSIBLE" line up. At this stage, Freeman and Cross are very possible, so people have them in their teams.

• Like 1

B: Colin Garland Tom Mcdonald Mitch Clisby

HB: Lyndon Dunn James Frawley Jimmy Toumpas

C: Jack Watts Dom Tyson Viv Michie

HF: Jeremy Howe Chris Dawes Jack Trengove

F: Jesse Hogan Mitch Clark Dean Terlich

FOL: Mark Jamar Bernie Vince Nathan Jones

I/C: Jack Viney Jordie Mckensie Jack Grimes

SUB: Dean Kent / Michael Evans / Matt Jones

Strauss is a better defender than Jimmy T but Jimmy will go past him in one season.

McKensie is a stopper who can play well and I think will again - and no-one in the team is better at it. Also, i find the notion that only trengove was hurt by Neeld to be offensively stupid. Great character, this kid.

Dean Terlich is not a great defender but wins the footy, likes roughing blokes up - so I think he can be turned into a very effective defensive half-forward. He has enough defensive mindset to do that job and would then go and win the footy and demand that his defender be accountable. His disposal is not good enough under pressure coming off half back.

Jack Trengove could be a very effective half forward. He is a good mark, has a great tank, is a good kick and positions himself very well. He is not a midfielder in the true sense but he could be a great link man and again demand accountability.

I want Hogan playing close to goal, with Clark and Dawes drawing men up the field. I am looking forward to the hulk being double-teamed and still plucking them.

As much as I struggle with it, Dunn is better overhead and a better kick than Jackie Grimes. He is a more able defender. Jimmy T is a better kick than Grimes. We must stop turning the ball over off halfback.

Evans has a great tank and finds the footy - which puts ahead of strauss, blease, tapscott, taggert, kent etc. Kent as the sub risks hampering his development, but this is a best squad. I'd see that position rotating with form and injuries TBF.

The mids concern me as we lack polish - and I'm to be convinced that Watts can engage enough in combative football to be an effective mid.

Edited by timD
  • Like 1

Viney.

Rare exception i would've thought. Viney had been at Casey the year before. He was pretty much a Demon already. Man child. Father son selection. Heart of the team. Etc etc.

Plus we knew we were going to draft him. Pick 9 could still be anyone.

Edited by P-man

Rare exception i would've thought. Viney had been at Casey the year before. He was pretty much a Demon already. Man child. Father son selection. Heart of the team. Etc etc.

Plus we knew we were going to draft him. Pick 9 could still be anyone.

Plenty of first year players are regular 22. Freeman is ready to go, so there's no reason he wouldn't be, should we pick him.

I haven't looked at all the line-ups but the ones I did pretty much all have Clark rucking - an idea I am in favour of. Fitzpatrick appears to be insurance IMO - I think we need to retain that insurance. If Blease, Tapscott and Strauss can't make our 22 ...

Edited by Fifty-5

It will without a doubt his crossroads season. A test of his character as much as of his footy abilities.

Plenty of first year players are regular 22. Freeman is ready to go, so there's no reason he wouldn't be, should we pick him.

Throwing kids to the wolves hasn't done us any favours. Whoever it is we pick I'd like to see developed properly, which means not being in the 22 from round 1, especially seeing as we have bolstered the midfield with some bigger bodies.

I guess it's never too early.

Terlich Frawley Clisby

Garland T.Mac Grimes

Vince N.Jones Watts

Howe Dawes Trengove

Hogan :)Clark Kent

Imagine having superman in our forward line... the possibilities...

Throwing kids to the wolves hasn't done us any favours. Whoever it is we pick I'd like to see developed properly, which means not being in the 22 from round 1, especially seeing as we have bolstered the midfield with some bigger bodies.

Don't think you can make a blanket statement like that. If it's a player that is ready to go, then they play.

Somehow i think he'll cope ok.....

FREEMAN1620x370-2nd.jpg

I haven't looked at all the line-ups but the ones I did pretty much all have Clark rucking - an idea I am in favour of. Fitzpatrick appears to be insurance IMO - I think we need to retain that insurance. If Blease, Tapscott and Strauss can't make our 22 ...

We won't play Clark as a ruck. The hope of playing as a permanent forward was what partly lured him to the MFC.