Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Roos Wants Midfielders.

Grimseyisgod

we definately need a quality example for our young mids to follow and some real support for jones, viney and Sylvia, offer Thompson a 3 year deal and see what he says?

I don't think Thompson has 3 years in him, he really started to struggle this year. He will be 31 at the start of next season. We need to look for someone around the 24 to 26 age group who has time left.

we definately need a quality example for our young mids to follow and some real support for jones, viney and Sylvia, offer Thompson a 3 year deal and see what he says?

onfield leadership with already fully grown bodies would take a Lot of heat of our team next year...

If we have another big cleanout which could also include more of our 27+ yr olds, & we also clear say 11 names, we will be back to almost the same spot we are today this year.

we have to get some players who are long in the tooth so won't cost us all our early picks to get them, & they will steer the boat...

some players from the likes of Sydney & the Cats would be my aim. players from these driven cultures will help in us turning things around, because its the culture that needs to swing before the reals improvements will happen.

add Scotty Thompson to the list & I think we could get 3 years out of him. even if his 3rd year may be played with both the Demons & Casey. his teaching & leadership would be just what the good doctor ordered.

by not spending our picks on 25yr olds who have chips on shoulders, we will keep them for newbie talents who our new leadership can teach & mold into fine young Men.

In all honesty, I don't think we should be so quick to draft players like Shiel, Adams and Swallow. They're guns, no doubt, but none of them have tasted much success and in order to bring a culture of success to the club it is essential that the leaders understand what that feels like!

ah yes, but what if we got Adams & Gaff,,, at the same time as we picked up 2 from > 'Chappy', or Scotty Thompson, or 'Brad Sewell',,, or a Jude Bolton or Ryan O'Keefe as teachers. the leadership would take a big change stepping forward.

I don't think Thompson has 3 years in him, he really started to struggle this year. He will be 31 at the start of next season. We need to look for someone around the 24 to 26 age group who has time left.

we get 2 good years of leadership from a 29 - 30 Yr old who'll slot straight into out team, & the teaching & onfield guidance they'll give, will bring our Strauss's & Trengoves, Bleases, Taggerts, Fixpatrick's, Clisby's, Watts's, & even Sylvia's on.

the only 25 yr olds we get will be the non John West type, the ones left out in the weather.

the good ones in their mid twenties rarely get let loose, on short contracts.

* Thomas hasn't had a long contract that I recall for the last 3 years or so. playing some sort of games there??? dodgy ankle, attitude or what???

In all honesty, I don't think we should be so quick to draft players like Shiel, Adams and Swallow. They're guns, no doubt, but none of them have tasted much success and in order to bring a culture of success to the club it is essential that the leaders understand what that feels like!

You couldn't be more wrong.

Leadership has nothing to do with previously experiencing success.

And that experience were needed, no teams would ever climb the ladder.

There's no logic to your post.

• Like 2

Scott Thompson's groins are shot and he'll be lucky to play out another full season.

It's commonly known in the football community.

well, if that where true then Craigy would have already known it thru his contacts, & so we would know it as well.

His rating, based on his output, he played all of 22 matches this year,,,, & is 2nd on the Crows rankings, out of all their players > http://finalsiren.com/Fixture.asp?SeasonID=2013&TeamID=1&Sort=Rating%20Desc#Player

not bad for shot groins....

& his disposal count is on top,,,, > http://finalsiren.com/Fixture.asp?SeasonID=2013&TeamID=1&Sort=Disposals%20Desc#Player

Well, maybe I misspoke.

I've not watched much of Adelaide this season, not Thompson individually.

I was under the impression he'd missed more games than that, and was moving a lot slower than previously.

But I'm reliably told that is the case.

I don't know Machiavelli, your info may be right, but his output according to these stat pages suggests he's gone very well..

I may be talking him up. but i want us to use our early picks on top kids & I want us to grab 2 of the best older free agents we can get for 2 yrs or 3... This way they can help to teach & help with the culture. And they won't perennially hold up our kids as the kids start to come thru our New Deevelopment program.

spending big on 25 - 26Yr olds will cost us heaps, & not many good ones escape their clubs. most Club escapees have issues. & I don't want to spend a pick 2 on a Heath Shaw type player.

Rumors flying that Dane Swan wants to come across, now as isaid only a rumor and for mine no thanks.

Wowie. I'd much rather play Dan Nicholson than a Brownlow medallist and premiership player.

Wowie. I'd much rather play Dan Nicholson than a Brownlow medallist and premiership player.

haha sure thing? Swanny would be mouth watering next to Viney, Jones and C.O

i find it ridiculous that some people say i wouldnt want Swan when all we talk about is getting midfielders, how ridiculous is it?

What position would we be in to pass up someone like Swan? it would be idiotic

haha sure thing? Swanny would be mouth watering next to Viney, Jones and C.O

i find it ridiculous that some people say i wouldnt want Swan when all we talk about is getting midfielders, how ridiculous is it?

What position would we be in to pass up someone like Swan? it would be idiotic

Yes the guy is a champion has won a brownlow and played in a premiership no one can dispute this, i was leaning to his off field behaviours or his snubs to authority

• Like 1

Yes the guy is a champion has won a brownlow and played in a premiership no one can dispute this, i was leaning to his off field behaviours or his snubs to authority

I am of the opinion that when someone plays footy as good as that you let the footy do the talking.

He isnt a menace just abit of an extraverted character

• Like 3

I am of the opinion that when someone plays footy as good as that you let the footy do the talking.

He isnt a menace just abit of an extraverted character

True,

anyway much better option than earlier posts for Thompson to come back

Dustin Martin is having trouble coming to contractural terms with Richmond

Do we dare?? Can we accept the occasional prisoners' salute. Would it matter?

If Caroline Wilson didn't call for Dustin Martin to be sacked as a result of the prisoners salute then there's obviously nothing wrong with his behaviour.

Yes, seems odd she hasn't forwarded an opinion on Dusty's salute yet, haha!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.