Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Taylor Adams

pilgrim

Jay clark says Richmond and Collingwood are his preferred destination's. Unfortunate but still hopeful where a chance of landing him

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/richmond-takes-aim-at-taylor-adams-as-a-possible-replacement-for-dustin-martin/story-e6frfkp9-1226722269668

Edited by The Toump 5

Jay clark says Richmond and Collingwood are his preferred destination's. Unfortunate but still hopeful where a chance of landing him

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/richmond-takes-aim-at-taylor-adams-as-a-possible-replacement-for-dustin-martin/story-e6frfkp9-1226722269668

If Jay Clark said it, then it's almost certainly not true.

• Like 3

We've all read rumours in the papers like that before, and it's generally meaningless.

There's still a lot of water to go under the bridge here.

That's true, but you just can't help but have the feeling that the major players will not be coming to us.

We other than Roos have very little going for us until we are successful on the field. That is hard to do from our position.

That is why the PP is not just helpful but essential to try and sway a deal.

Even with the free agency last year PA got 2 good picks for Chaplin and Pearce while we got 1 far worse one for Beamer and Rivers. Even with us taking Byrnes that was a bad decision for us.

I reckon we need about 3 PP's actually to try and get clubs to influence players to come to us.

Edited by Redleg
  • Like 2

That's true, but you just can't help but have the feeling that the major players will not be coming to us.

And maybe they wont

We will build with our own picks and find hidden gems.

When Roos was at Sydney no major players went there.

Possibly not, but if that does happen then it gives us a chance to watch Roos earn his money in one of the areas he's best at. Identifying fringe players from other clubs that we can get for little cost who will excel under his influence.

It can start with the likes of Cross, maybe Roos feels he could turn Jordan Gysberts and Maerick Weller around, Shane Savage could get more opportunities at Melbourne, Mitch Hallahan also. Maybe George Horlin-Smith's a bit upset at missing out on games in the 2nd half of the year?

We may not get any big names, but we may be able to get some players who just haven't had the opportunity to shine as of yet?

Edited by Tall Defence

With all the other Clubs and media attention focused on Adams and Martin, maybe we should quietly arranging a trade for Swallow? I would be happy to see him as part of our midfield (longtime- term) and Cross (short- term).

• Like 1

Jay clark says Richmond and Collingwood are his preferred destination's. Unfortunate but still hopeful where a chance of landing himhttp://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/richmond-takes-aim-at-taylor-adams-as-a-possible-replacement-for-dustin-martin/story-e6frfkp9-1226722269668

I stopped reading Jay clarks articles after he tweeted last year that melbourne had signed Angus Monfries on a for year deal.

The guy is a tool.

Edited by dazzledavey36

With all the other Clubs and media attention focused on Adams and Martin, maybe we should quietly arranging a trade for Swallow? I would be happy to see him as part of our midfield (longtime- term) and Cross (short- term).

Stealth, I like your thinking....

Haha

I love it when posters pick and choose which articles they choose to believe and which they don't.

It's absolutely 100 percent believable that Collingwood or Richmond would be most players preferred destination.

Ahh you lot.

I hope we land a couple of decent mids for next year, but I completely believe articles that state such things.

This is the MFC we are talking about.

Edited by stevethemanjordan
  • Like 1

I stopped reading Jay clarks articles after he tweeted last year that melbourne had signed Angus Monfries on a for year deal.

The guy is a tool.

He might be, but it's hardly a stretch to think Melbourne wouldn't be his preferred destination.

It wouldn't be mine either.

• Like 1

I think the calculated stating we are not in for Martin, is related to our desire to lure Adams.

I doubt Richmond have room for him if Dusty stays.

I wonder if Carrs search for the best payday engaged many Vic clubs interest until the AFL told dustman to make sure he doesn't waste his opportunity!

I think the plans for him are to play ball, sit down, & shutTFup.

interesting how this 3way will rollout.

It's hard to imagine any quality mid would want to come to the MFC.

I know we have Roos now but we have have won 3 of the past 100 games

It's still going to be very hard to attract players when other teams are finals bound and interested in them.

Can someone please confirm what the big deal about Adams is?

Apart from being charged with serious assault in a pub and getting a couple of 20 possession games, what has he done in his career to suggest he's going to be the next big thing.

12 of his 16 games this year he had 20+ possessions. In fact he averaged 21 possessions and 3 tackles a game. He shows a good inside and out balance and has a bit of mongrel and skill about him. All coming into a third year when most players start to blossom.

• Like 3

If GWS can get Dustin Martin in the PSD, why would they trade Adams for him?

We should offer our 2nd pick for him, approx pick 19

Losing Adams and getting Martin & pick 19 is a lot better than losing Adams and only getting Martin back.

That's how I'd be selling it.

At the same time, we may even be able to convince Adams to come to us in the PSD.

Or a "Lochlan Veale trade" where we trade a pick or player (Jamar) to GWS for peanuts, and in return GWS refuse to trade him, so Adams goes into the PSD where we can select him with PSD pick 2.

If GWS can get Dustin Martin in the PSD, why would they trade Adams for him?

We should offer our 2nd pick for him, approx pick 19

Losing Adams and getting Martin & pick 19 is a lot better than losing Adams and only getting Martin back.

That's how I'd be selling it.

At the same time, we may even be able to convince Adams to come to us in the PSD.

Or a "Lochlan Veale trade" where we trade a pick or player (Jamar) to GWS for peanuts, and in return GWS refuse to trade him, so Adams goes into the PSD where we can select him with PSD pick 2.

Just because (if) they get Martin in the PSD doesn't mean they will take unders for Adams. For a kid that went at pick 13 two years ago and from Rnd 6-23 avgd 22 disp, 9 cont poss and 4 clearances, pretty sure pick 19 won't get the job done in a shallow draft.

However I do understand Adams can go to Melb via PSD but just can't see it happening with all the clubs interested in him, our best bet is presenting the best deal.

Edited by The Toump 5
  • Like 1

Just because (if) they get Martin in the PSD doesn't mean they will take unders for Adams. For a kid that went at pick 13 two years ago and from Rnd 6-23 avgd 22 disp, 9 cont poss and 4 clearances, pretty sure pick 19 won't get the job done in a shallow draft.

However I do understand Adams can go to Melb via PSD but just can't see it happening with all the clubs interested in him, our best bet is presenting the best deal.

I agree. If you think Martin will conveniently wait until the PSD so GWS qill collect him for free that is being naive. Richmond will trade for Asams if that is their target

It's hard to imagine any quality mid would want to come to the MFC.

I know we have Roos now but we have have won 3 of the past 100 games

It's still going to be very hard to attract players when other teams are finals bound and interested in them.

You know it's going to be very hard when you have a record like that and most of the football world including some of your own supporters don't want you to get assistance that's been put into place for the purpose of helping clubs in that very position.

Don't worry about our recruiting this year as i understand that it has already started. The whispher is that Cross has already been signed up!