Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

If you have not heard the anonymous players Mum on MMM this morning, do yourselves a favour. As a parent I was close to tears listening to it! Walls are crumbling at windy hill.

Nasty stuff. This call could have been done at any time during this whole saga. Why now?

And the fact that its an anonymous players Mum, could it not have been a gruesome PR stunt (one of many such efforts during this saga)?

You know what horrifies me?

The fact that during 2012 when a lot of this was going on in Hird's world, he was also coaching an under 9 junior football team in a competition in which I'm a life member. Now, I'm not suggesting that the activities in which he was allegedly involved at Essendon were reproduced at that level but the thought that this person was in a position to work with kids absolutely appalls and sickens me. What would they be thinking now?

Thats the same type of garbage that your mate Caroline Wilson would produce, at least wait to see if he's guilty.

As usual you miss the issue

A club taking the AFL and therefore the game to Court is common to both incidents even though the severity of Essendon problem far exceeds Melbourne's tanking fiasco

And in both situations it's insanity and a death wish to do so. Essendon's ridiculous action vindicates the basic common sense at MFC not to do so six months ago.

No i do not miss the issue....Why did you even bring it up?

That's right i forgot You are Rhino.....Leave it alone. We were found not Guilty, insanity aside The MFC would have won the case.

Essendrug have no chance and they refuse to acknowlledge that.

Let them burn...

If you have not heard the anonymous players Mum on MMM this morning, do yourselves a favour. As a parent I was close to tears listening to it! Walls are crumbling at windy hill.

I heard it HB I had tears in my eyes as well.

The guts of it was.

I entrusted my son to Essendon and James Heard.

Under their watch my son was given things.

No one can tell us what and when, we have no idea of the long term affects to my son.

He is close to walking away from Football.

Gut wrenching stuff

• Like 1

Nasty stuff. This call could have been done at any time during this whole saga. Why now?

And the fact that its an anonymous players Mum, could it not have been a gruesome PR stunt (one of many such efforts during this saga)?

I'm sure there would be some thinking along the same lines but you can't fake that sort of emotion. As she said, they've been gagged all along but seeing Hirdy cry poor me last night looks like it will be the tipping point for parents and I'd hazard a guess a lot of the players!
  • Like 2

No i do not miss the issue....Why did you even bring it up?

That's right i forgot You are Rhino.....Leave it alone. We were found not Guilty, insanity aside The MFC would have won the case.

Essendrug have no chance and they refuse to acknowlledge that.

Let them burn...

It's not about winning or losing the case when the outcomes are a clear lose lose for both parties. Your naivety knows no bounds.

Wow! That poor mother. If my boy was a Bombers player I would be throwing punches at the bastards who injected the players. But as long as that selfish bastard in Hird gets off it's all good according to the bombers. I hope the AFL hear this and continue to go hard. Go to Hell Essendon.

• Like 3

I'm sure there would be some thinking along the same lines but you can't fake that sort of emotion. As she said, they've been gagged all along but seeing Hirdy cry poor me last night looks like it will be the tipping point for parents and I'd hazard a guess a lot of the players!

Agreed. For the question of why now - well why not now? This would be unbelievably stressful for a 20 year old athlete who has naively placed his trust in his senior peers at Essendon; especially a charismatic club legend like Hird. And I agree with you, it would be an absolute kick in the guts to see Hird carrying on like a pork chop in front of the cameras as he should be.

• Like 4

It's not about winning or losing the case when the outcomes are a clear lose lose for both parties. Your naivety knows no bounds.

Thanks for your input on my state of mind.

Personally i would love a sliding doors moment for the MFC concerning last year

It might have just been the tonic to wake up the old beast...i don't like Bending Over when we were not guilty

You might.

yes I heard that poor woman , felt really sorry for her ,

it was straight from the heart

i hope the AFL hear it and maybe it should be replayed over and over to james hird , look what damage he has done to not only ESS but the AFL

• Like 2

The dam wall cracks

A pox on Messendon. There's pushing boundaries etc and then there's plain contemptible recklessness.

More power to those that seek to get out from under Windy Hill's bullying.

head on over to Bomber Blitz.

Hilarious reading!

From windyhillbomber2408

How does this even get air time or space on websites? A random woman rings up claiming to be a mother, goes nuts and gets time on air as well as a feature on the Herald Sun site. Fark me, I could ring up and say I was a father of a player and call Hirdy a Saint and say the processes has been perfect. Would that get airtime or spots on newspaper websites? Not a chance in hell.

• Like 1

Thanks for your input on my state of mind.

Personally i would love a sliding doors moment for the MFC concerning last year

It might have just been the tonic to wake up the old beast...i don't like Bending Over when we were not guilty

You might.

Our not guilty was a contrived outcome from negotiations that is in contrast to the belief of what every other club officials, football supporters, media outlet that we tanked. The contrived outcome was to avoid the insanity of court action.

The big lesson from the Essendon situation ( if you can learn it) is that in seeking to take the actual game to Court, you open yourself to be judged in the Court of Public Opinion. And aside from the EFC bunker who thinks Essendon ran a well governanced, controlled, ethical program?

A win in the Supreme Court on a technical issue is a hollow victory for Essendon when you have trashed the trust and good faith of the players and their support networks and you have shredded relationships with major stakeholders and your perceived as dishonest cheats by the general public. This is causing substantial damage to a powerful club like Essendon.

It would have destroyed a weakened and 3rd party administered basket case like MFC. The fact that you wish to still take to Court the party that has now bailed us out of own mess gives full picture to how at least your thought processes have been repeatedly bent over.

• Like 2

head on over to Bomber Blitz.

Hilarious reading!

From windyhillbomber2408

How does this even get air time or space on websites? A random woman rings up claiming to be a mother, goes nuts and gets time on air as well as a feature on the Herald Sun site. Fark me, I could ring up and say I was a father of a player and call Hirdy a Saint and say the processes has been perfect. Would that get airtime or spots on newspaper websites? Not a chance in hell.

Its true, that lady could be anyone.

The cynic is strong in you RR. I had the same questions just asked by a few of the guys around the office, why now. My response was after yesterdays Hird/EFC media conference held at the "swanky" (geez the media is loving swanky at the minue, Hirds swanky abode as well) Olsen hotel the players mother had had enough and wanted to express a parents concerns but who knows. On the flip side another parent (Murray Browne) has come out, named an all, and said he/they are "satisfied" with the responses from EFC and that their son is in no danger of long term side affects. I think I'd go to the AFLPA and have them source an independant medical expert to verify all and any claims made by EFC in relation this those claims but thats just me...

If ASADA issue infraction notices on evidence of banned substances being taken then surely the AFL would right to add penalties onto the minimum suspensions under WADA.

maybe

but the issue of substance use and therefore charges against players is firstly the call of asada

it is difficult for the afl to comment too much on this until asada bring down their final report

i think there is every chance asada will rule prohibited substances were used and therefore players will be charged

it would be difficult for asada to allow 100% deductions of penalty (for mitigating circumstances) and have wada approval

this then gets very ugly as everyone starts suing everyone

wada also has rules that prevent a team competing if a certain number of players are found guilty of substance use

it can only get worse from here on in......meanwhile golden boy et al remain in denial while windy pill is consumed in the conflagration

couldn't happen to a nicer club

• Like 3

Not that it necessarily proves a thing, she was spoken to before the call went to air to attempt verify her bona fides....and that is according to afl.com

What exactly was established we don't know.

It sounds, feels and smells genuine.

Edited by dandeeman

maybe

but the issue of substance use and therefore charges against players is firstly the call of asada

it is difficult for the afl to comment too much on this until asada bring down their final report

i think there is every chance asada will rule prohibited substances were used and therefore players will be charged

it would be difficult for asada to allow 100% deductions of penalty (for mitigating circumstances) and have wada approval

this then gets very ugly as everyone starts suing everyone

wada also has rules that prevent a team competing if a certain number of players are found guilty of substance use

it can only get worse from here on in......meanwhile golden boy et al remain in denial while windy pill is consumed in the conflagration

couldn't happen to a nicer club

WADA has only as much power as the sport in question allows it to have.

The AFL might submit to what ASADA/WADA dictates or they might not.

The Bloated One was just on a trip to talk to MLB/NFL/NBA owners/execs/flunkies - and these guys do not care what WADA says. They care what the public thinks and what is best for their competition.

The Bloated One was just on a trip to talk to MLB/NFL/NBA owners/execs/flunkies - and these guys do not care what WADA says. They care what the public thinks and what is best for their competition.

And that would be in all the fine print I imagine when the AFL signed to observe their credentials.

the AFL have agreed to the rule of WADA wheres the argument ?

I think that call from Mrs. S.......g was genuine.

If it was planned, it'd have been more coherent, with articulate points raised in between the sobbing.

In the end it was just a rant, but it perfectly conveyed the feelings on the players' parents.

• Like 3

Its true, that lady could be anyone.

Are you for real?? I realy think MMM, Eddie and Co would know if she was a players mum or not. Or maybe you think its an AFL counterinsurgency plot? You need to get off the conspiracy sites on the web

The Bomber hierarchy are playing an incredible game of brinksmanship with their club. Pardon me for saying this but I think they would be far better of taking their medicine and paying the price for the appalling mess their own internal report admits was created by their supplements programme.

Sure, if they filibuster and take this situation beyond the 26 August scheduled date for hearing, they will get to play finals in September but then what?

Do they really expect vindication?

I've stayed out of this mess, its so dispiriting, but I can't believe the Arrogance & selfish contempt they're showing all of us, & our game of Footy.

... so If I may, I'd like to illustrate the joke of a bunch of misfits they seem to be now.

the leader orchestrating his cohorts > mt br dc & led by jh

Hand-Painted-Dastardly-Muttley-Model-Cel

If it was planned, it'd have been more coherent, with articulate points raised in between the sobbing.

In the end it was just a rant, but it perfectly conveyed the feelings on the players' parents.

well spotted

only a handful fit the time parameter eh !

Best for their competition..... You mean their wallets don't you?

i agree. I think it was real.

The Players Association would be fools to jepardize the situation right now.

The General Public has spoken. One close to Windy Pill. I wonder if she was at the "Love in" out there the other night?