Zak Jones

dazzledavey36

Get him in the side and the commentators really will have trouble keeping up with the Jones'.

So many Jacks and so many Jones'

My god I hope there is a Jack Jones out there somewhere we can get our hands on

• Like 4

So many Jacks and so many Jones'

My god I hope there is a Jack Jones out there somewhere we can get our hands on

I recall a thread about what song we could run onto the ground to... maybe it should have been Acca Dacca's "The Jack"

• Like 1

I recall a thread about what song we could run onto the ground to... maybe it should have been Acca Dacca's "The Jack"

weve got the jack now , can you get it twice ?

The Jones's we already have are good so why not add another.

Being brothers the Jones boys could bring their game to another level by being inspired by each other and playing in the same team.

It's not as if we don't need another mid!

But maybe a bigger question would be does lil brother Jones WANT to play for us.

It doesnt matter what a player wants - they go where they are drafted. The concessions to GWS and GC are now finished so you are now in the draft and you go to whoever picks you.

It is like this nonsense of Watts going to Carlton - he is out of contract and if he wants to go to Carlton and we are fine with that then the only way he gets there is if Carlton deals with us. The only other option is for him to roll the dice and go into the draft and then you can be picked up by anyone.

The only guarantee you have of getting to a club of choice is if that club ( at present ) is GWS as today and now they have first pick.

( and before anyone goes on about Scully not wanting to play for us - phoooeyy - he wanted the bucks - end of story)

"Hit the Road Jack" is an option, but probably not wise given Jack Watts' current contract status. However, should he leave, I think we will have a theme song for him.

• Like 1

It doesnt matter what a player wants - they go where they are drafted. The concessions to GWS and GC are now finished so you are now in the draft and you go to whoever picks you.

It is like this nonsense of Watts going to Carlton - he is out of contract and if he wants to go to Carlton and we are fine with that then the only way he gets there is if Carlton deals with us. The only other option is for him to roll the dice and go into the draft and then you can be picked up by anyone.

The only guarantee you have of getting to a club of choice is if that club ( at present ) is GWS as today and now they have first pick.

( and before anyone goes on about Scully not wanting to play for us - phoooeyy - he wanted the bucks - end of story)

Luke Ball and Kurt Tippet might disagree.

• 3 weeks later...

From what I have heard Zak will be drafted 2nd or 3rd round. We all disagree and argue with each other on here about a ton of things but one thing I'm certain of is our love and appreciation of Nathan jones. He is our midfield and plays for us and the club with pride. My question is would you take Zak jones as a thank you to Nathan? The grimes brothers show the same determination as each other and imagine what a older Jones can teach a younger jones. Remember Nathan wasn't a star in the making but has busted his ass to become one. So is it a yes or is there no room for this brotherly love in an elite environment?

From what I have heard Zak will be drafted 2nd or 3rd round. We all disagree and argue with each other on here about a ton of things but one thing I'm certain of is our love and appreciation of Nathan jones. He is our midfield and plays for us and the club with pride. My question is would you take Zak jones as a thank you to Nathan? The grimes brothers show the same determination as each other and imagine what a older Jones can teach a younger jones. Remember Nathan wasn't a star in the making but has busted his ass to become one. So is it a yes or is there no room for this brotherly love in an elite environment?

Unless you want to be condemned, he can only be taken, roughly where his ability warrants.

• Like 7

I reckon yes, the same as D.Grimes should be at Melbourne. Then again plenty of brothers of good footballers don't amount to much.

• Like 1

I'd ask another question - is picking a brother make the younger brother better because of the leadership provided to him? Ie. with someone who knows exactly what you are going through?

I really liked the look of Brandon Jack last night from the swans. Looks like a clone of Kieran and a really nice zippy left foot prospect.

If we have 3 Jones's have we kept up with the Jones'?

And finally what kind of name is Zak? I'd say kids these days but what I mean is parents these days..

Why are people saying Dylan Grimes should be at Melbourne? The guys is just as worse as jack in regards to injuries and we would be all very frustrated supporters having Dylan on the sidelines all the time.. Clark is driving us all mad re his foot imagine if we had Dylan lol. when he is injury free (which is rarely) he is a good player for sure.

• Like 1

Brothers and cousins and family members at large usually enhance team spirit and commoradery.

I believe we made mistakes in the past by not picking alwyn davey, Dylan grimes and Lewis jetta. If in doubt, pick the brother over an "outsider". I'm all for picking zak if he has the potential to play afl. Blood lines and pedigree are real.

Imagine our team if we had picked the obvious brother picks.

Fb: garland, frawley, n.jetta

Hb: d.grimes, t.McDonald, j.grimes

c: l.jetta, n. jones, blease

Hf: Howe, Dawes, watts

Ff: a.davey, Clarke. Al.davey

Fol: gawn, Sylvia, trengove

Int: viney, toumpas, m.jones, Mckenzie

We could and should of picked those blokes, and it would of made us a better team. Oh, for hindsight.

Best available, all day every day. Like the successful clubs. Lets keep emotion out of drafting, me need to be ruthless and cunning, and although there is some romance in the idea we are in no position to draft for anything other than players who will successfully fill a role for this under-performing team.

Plus his name is Zak. That's a pass.

• Like 1

I'd be happy to have him. Once you start getting into the second and third rounds it tends to be a bit of a crap shoot anyway, so why not go for someone we know has the pedigree? He could turn out to be another Sam Power, but just as likely he could be the next Junior.

My thinking too. It's not a first round pick we would be giving up for him. A player who would be directly under the wing of our hardest working player and a good morale boost for us at a late pick sounds good.

Best available, all day every day. Like the successful clubs. Lets keep emotion out of drafting, me need to be ruthless and cunning, and although there is some romance in the idea we are in no position to draft for anything other than players who will successfully fill a role for this under-performing team.

Plus his name is Zak. That's a pass.

But is his middle name jack?