Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

When will the new coach be announced

S.R.J

Any word on when they are looking at naming a new coach. I am thinking after the season but over recent season there have been a few who have been named during finals. Does anyone know when this may happen

It really will depend on who we get. If Roos was keen we'd probably announce it as soon as possible. Williams and Eade will have to see out their contracts to the end of this year so those two are likely to be announced at the end of the year.

Lack of action regarding Roos makes me feel that we probably won't get him so it'll be later this year I think. Just my opinion anyway.

• Like 1

It really will depend on who we get. If Roos was keen we'd probably announce it as soon as possible. Williams and Eade will have to see out their contracts to the end of this year so those two are likely to be announced at the end of the year.

Lack of action regarding Roos makes me feel that we probably won't get him so it'll be later this year I think. Just my opinion anyway.

Doubt it - if we're lucky enough to land Roos (I agree it's not looking that great) .. then we will hold off announcing it until Round 20ish at the earliest. Would be far too morale-sapping for Craig and the playing group to run out for over half a season knowing that he won't be the coach in 2014.

• Like 2

Doubt it - if we're lucky enough to land Roos (I agree it's not looking that great) .. then we will hold off announcing it until Round 20ish at the earliest. Would be far too morale-sapping for Craig and the playing group to run out for over half a season knowing that he won't be the coach in 2014.[/quote

Yeah I did think about that but I think there's more pro than con in announcing Roos earlier. For example contracts getting signed and the possibility of new players wanting to come to the club as a result (rather than finding out just before trade week). Plus the players must know that it is unlikely that Craig will coach next season.

• Like 1

Roos is waiting for the AFL's reply to Jacksons case. Once he has that information he will make a decision.

Shouldn't be long now..

• Like 1

Roos is waiting for the AFL's reply to Jacksons case. Once he has that information he will make a decision.

Shouldn't be long now..

your guess ? or inside info ?

your guess ? or inside info ?

Wish it was inside info, mark.

Just using my own logic.

When he has been appointed!

Pretty obvious really.......but seriously, it depends surely on whether he has ongoing commitments through the 2013 season and if his club is in finals. Whatever the pros and ons of Neeld's appointment, the timing of the announcement just may have cost Collingwood a flag, so it can't have all been bad.

We can't interview contracted people till the season is over.

How workable is that? I don't know but I assume fines will be on the way for anyone who breaches that.

Whenever the Tigers and Pies bomb out of the finals might be the start of the end...

I get the impression Roos is genuinely holding off as he is saying publicly, because he wants to see that Jackson will get the right people in all the right places before committing.

That, and he wants the AFL to announce we have received the requisite funding and priority pick he is now campaigning for.

Something has to change, for him to want to coach Melbourne.

And that is for Melbourne to be set up so that the incoming coach can succeed.

As such, there will be no decision until season's end.

Being our number one target, and with other coaches unable to be interviewed until season's end, we'll wait.

Jackson's MO is now to get the rest of the club in top condition.

• Like 1

Any word on when they are looking at naming a new coach. I am thinking after the season but over recent season there have been a few who have been named during finals. Does anyone know when this may happen

will be at end of season, at least 2-3 months away

I get the impression Roos is genuinely holding off as he is saying publicly, because he wants to see that Jackson will get the right people in all the right places before committing.

That, and he wants the AFL to announce we have received the requisite funding and priority pick he is now campaigning for.

Something has to change, for him to want to coach Melbourne.

And that is for Melbourne to be set up so that the incoming coach can succeed.

As such, there will be no decision until season's end.

Being our number one target, and with other coaches unable to be interviewed until season's end, we'll wait.

Jackson's MO is now to get the rest of the club in top condition.

My problem with this analysis is that I don't think Roos really has the desire to coach again - irrespective of whether the MFC gets its act together or not.

In short, some of his hesitance appears not to relate to MFC's brand at all - it seems to be family and lifestyle related.

How can Jackson or the AFL possibly change those factors?

It's clear he'd be great for this club - everyone knows that (including, it would seem, the AFL) - but there appears to be a fairly high degree of wish thinking going on here.

I also don't see why the new AFL approved Board is required to be in place prior to the new coach being appointed/announced, given that the new coach is also clearly going to be an AFL sanctioned appointment (ie, it appears that the new coach is not going to be a Board decision - rather it'll be a Jackson/AFL appointment).

7 weeks, 3 days and 12 seconds from................….now!

That works out to be 8:21pm the night before The DEES last home game against Freo.

That should give all potential applicants enough time to survey what c**p he has to work with.

• Like 1

Is there any reason why a new coach couldn't start straight away? I expect any potential new coach will have some other employment commitments at the moment, such as Football Manager, Assistant Coach or working in the media. And there may be strategic reasons why a new coach doesn't want to start until the end of this season, But if they could negotiate a release from their current employer, is there anything stopping a new coach taking over now?

What coach? We've had them before and they didn't work so we've gone with an anarchist collective. Each quarter the team will elect a leader who will decide the next quarter's aims and objectives. All pay will go into a common pool, and each finals (under the glorious people's football club revolution) series will be coached by guy with the red and blue Mohawk.

• Like 1

If it's the case that we can't even talk to Williams or Eade because of their contracts to other clubs, then, whether Roos is interested or otherwise, I wouldn't want us to make a decision before the end of the season.

We shouldn't be signing Roos unless and until we've talked to all possible candidates. That means talking to Williams and Eade (amongst others) to see if Roos is indeed the best candidate out there.

If it's the case that we can't even talk to Williams or Eade because of their contracts to other clubs, then, whether Roos is interested or otherwise, I wouldn't want us to make a decision before the end of the season.

We shouldn't be signing Roos unless and until we've talked to all possible candidates. That means talking to Williams and Eade (amongst others) to see if Roos is indeed the best candidate out there.

Agree. Nothing is going to crystalise until October due to the contracted position of some of the candidates. Even if that weren't the case, Craig deserves to see the season out and the players could do with some stability. I feel like a kid contemplating Christmas in March; I want it now dammit!!

In the mean time I'm looking forward to seeing what Craig is able to do with this team, if anything, in the short time he's got.

• Like 3

Agree. Nothing is going to crystalise until October due to the contracted position of some of the candidates. Even if that weren't the case, Craig deserves to see the season out and the players could do with some stability. I feel like a kid contemplating Christmas in March; I want it now dammit!!In the mean time I'm looking forward to seeing what Craig is able to do with this team, if anything, in the short time he's got.

Me to Nasher Can we please win a game between now and the end of August. Saturday night would be nice!

just named one 10 days ago

give it time before you want another one