Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Neil Craig

frankie_d

Like everyone here, I am sick of talk -

Some things that I did like -

• need to improve our game day performance
  • need to provide an environment where players want to stay and develop
  • no "sooking" about the loss of MN - at this level of football it's about performance
  • effort of the players has been up and down
  • told various journalists to shut up and listen
  • using facilities at tennis australia for training!!! (personal relationship with high performance manager there)
  • no comment on ASADA - wait for the facts
  • didn't bag MN (just as you would expect)
  • "underperformance is a waste" and the biggest challenge is inconsistency
  • some positives - I got the impression that he thinks they can play
  • the most important issue for the MFC is what type of coach are they looking for

Might not want him for the long term, but he's clearly a grown up...and I think we are lucky to have him step in.

But again, all words - lets wait for the Aints on the weekend

• Like 2

I'm thinking we'll see a more free and creative team. I'm hoping the players will feel as though a weight has been lifted with Neeldy gone and will play so.

I like that he has kind of thrown his hat in the ring for the coaching job. He may or may not be serious about it but at least the players won't think they have a lame duck coach which we all saw under Todd was not a good thing.

I'm thinking we'll see a more free and creative team. I'm hoping the players will feel as though a weight has been lifted with Neeldy gone and will play so.

Sorry Django but that is way off the mark

Craig was well know at Adelaide for his payers being robots - or Crowbots.

(Not saying you personally) But if you disliked Neeld you will dislike Craig

Probably true ... unless he's learned from his past shortcomings.

As I mentioned on another post, I hope all true Demon supporters get right behind Craig and the team for the rest of the year.

GO DEES

• Like 2

Must have been horrible, watching robots win games regularly.

• Like 10

I like that he has kind of thrown his hat in the ring for the coaching job. He may or may not be serious about it but at least the players won't think they have a lame duck coach which we all saw under Todd was not a good thing.

While I agree it helps a little bit, I expect that there will be a period of pointless games with players not turning up mentally as they know that none of the coaches will be back next year. Although Craig is contracted for next year...

What a waste if we have to pay him out.

I have to admit it was quite refreshing watching his presser tho, no offence to Neeld but every presser was exactly the same. Im not getting my hopes up but i am very intrigued to see what game day changes and player position changes NC will make. Bring on Saturday I'm excited for footy again! (could be over again after the weekend tho haha)

• Like 1

yeah those poor Crow fans, having to see their robotic team win every week and make the top 4

• Like 1

Please lets just get behind craigy.. From what I heard the player actually love him and see him as a mentor father figure. I don't know if anyone saw but what I was really happy to see was against hawthorn Dean Kent kicked a goal went to the bench and Craigy gave him the biggest pat on the head like a proud father to his child and I thought that was really encouraging. I never once saw Neeld do that at all. I still reckon we should hang on to him whoever becomes our new coach. PJ even said that NG was one of our most experience people in the football department so I cant see why they would try and move him on.

• Like 2

Dangerfield is one that would disagree with you.....

http://<iframe class="fiveaa-video-player" type="text/html" width="615" height="385" src="http://www.fiveaa.com.au/embed/video.aspx?id=112575" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Edited by Rusty Nails

I'm not that concerned what Craig does or how he conducts himself with the players. The results will be there for all to judge in the team's performance on the field on game day.

I'm willing to cut him some slack over the next 4 to 5 weeks while he settles in. After that we should start to expect some decent improvement and even a few wins. If we get something happening straight up and a nice surprise before he settles it'll be a bonus for me.

I also don't expect massive hammerings against mediocre or lowly rated clubs such as those suffered under MN either.

• Like 1

Please lets just get behind craigy.. From what I heard the player actually love him and see him as a mentor father figure. I don't know if anyone saw but what I was really happy to see was against hawthorn Dean Kent kicked a goal went to the bench and Craigy gave him the biggest pat on the head like a proud father to his child and I thought that was really encouraging. I never once saw Neeld do that at all. I still reckon we should hang on to him whoever becomes our new coach. PJ even said that NG was one of our most experience people in the football department so I cant see why they would try and move him on.

Source Dazzle? I suspect this as well but i'll believe it when i see it. If they start playing for him pretty much from the get go then who knows..... he might put a pretty good case forward for hanging on to a significant role for the long term at the MFC, possibly even as coach next year! And before Soxy or whoever his name is (et al) start jumping down my throat, i'm not saying he's my preferred option for coach either. Just saying he might end up being hard to overlook depending on what happens from here.

P.S. For those interested he has a better winning % in regular home and away (56.7%) than Williams (56%), Eade (55.6%), Ayres (55.2%) and Ratten (51.3%). Better than Worsfold as well but i haven't included him here as he ruled himself out of the race today.

Edit: Spelling

Edited by Rusty Nails

Being a Norwood supporter as long as i have been a Demon i do remember Craig the player and was not happy when he left to join another SANFL team

He was tough as nails and was a favorite

I often wondered how well he would go in the VFL and do remember Footscray trying to recruit him

Like a lot of crow eaters he never made the journey

Craig the coach IMO is unfairly perceived by most Victorians

I do think there are better coaches out there but there is no doubt he does coach well

His ability to get players fit is second to none

He speaks eloquently and you saw that in his press conference today

Lots of knowledge and experience is good for us right at the moment

I doubt he will get enough points on the board in the 11 remaining matches to give him the edge when the board selects our next coach

Edited by Swampfox

I mean more in a mental sense, the players clearly weren't playing for Neeld.

Anyway as long as we win I'm happy.

Now I'm not here to say appoint the man, far from it.

What I would like to say is that after just watching his presso he is very well spoken & very respectful of all around him. The things he had to say made a lot of sense.

Whether he coaches for 11 weeks or 11 years I guess we'll soon see.

Edited by Standing Room Only

I don't know if anyone saw but what I was really happy to see was against hawthorn Dean Kent kicked a goal went to the bench and Craigy gave him the biggest pat on the head like a proud father to his child and I thought that was really encouraging. I never once saw Neeld do that at all.

Maybe that's because Neeld almost never coached from the bench?

I'm with you though in that I think Craig is a good influence on our players.

Now I'm not here to say appoint the man, far from it.

What I would like to say is that after just watching his presso he is very well spoken & very respectful of all around him. The things he had to say made a lot of sense.

Whether he coaches for 11 weeks or 11 years I guess we'll soon see.

Craig won't be coaching MFC next year but I still think he is very important for us going forward.