• Podcast:     

• Podcast:     

WELCOME TO DEMONLAND - PAUL ROOS

My comment has nothing to do with the competency of Ratten, but I would be amazed if the 'bail-out' that is being funded by the AFL wasn't presented and discussed that they need to lure a big name coach, and quite possibly a very experienced Footy Operations Manager too. With such announcments comes expectation, better chances to lure players over, retain existing players, sponsorship, membership... it all would start to roll on from announcing established and proven performers.

If we can't land one of the big names then sure he is a strong candidate, but personally I would be pretty disappointed if we name Ratten, Knights or Harvey as our new coach at the end of this. Because it means that we failed to land the preferred option. We were required to settle for someone else.

I dont think the MFC can afford to appoint any coach with a questionmark hanging over their head and I don't believe the AFL will give the likes of Ratten, Knights, Harvey etc the nod of approval. We have an interim coach who has a better record than them in regular home & away as well as a better record than Worsfold, Williams & Eade.

Even if we fail to land a big fish like Roos or next in line like Choco, and provided he truly wants the job at year's end, we don't need to panick select and go for 2nd or 3rd bananas for 2014.. Craig is a significant asset, and subject to the performance of the boys under him in the 2nd half of this year and his feelings about putting his hat in the ring for next year, we already have ourselves a solid caretaker and the noises he made yesterday puts us in a better bargaining position heading into the search phase.

Edited by Rusty Nails
  • Like 1
  • Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Absolutely spot. The fact Mike Sheehan son tim tweeted as early as round 2 about us talking to Roos was also true. AFL phone Roos and put in a case for him to come back to coaching. Neeld was a dead m

To all on here, STOP HYPERVENTALATING! Roos made it very clear that he would not interrupt the celebrations of the 2013 season by formalising his appointment before the B&F. No doubt WC will put

A certain manager of a certain high profile, high draft pick who's contract is up, has told me that it has been confirmed to him by our club that Roos will be coach. This story has played true since

Posted Images

This was in an Age article and I am starting to c it more and more and I DONT LIKE IT

Roos has also been linked to the Brisbane coaching position, should Voss not have his contract renewed. Swans insiders maintain if Roos is to coach again, the Brisbane position would appeal more.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/three-jobs-could-become-available-20130618-2ogwq.html#ixzz2Wch6WEYO

Brisbane will be in more trouble than us soon.

Black, McGrath and Brown will retire at seasons end, and they have nobody coming through to replace them.

Voss will leave that list in worse shape than any in the AFL.

Never said there was - I only said to give it a rest.

It has been said often has it not?

What just like you crying over Jeff K.

What just like you crying over Jeff K.

Well, I was worried there for a bit, but it looks likely doesn't it?

At some point, mjt, you can either get over whatever issue you have with me or you can have peptic ulcers.

Your choice.

Brisbane will be in more trouble than us soon.

Black, McGrath and Brown will retire at seasons end, and they have nobody coming through to replace them.

Voss will leave that list in worse shape than any in the AFL.

Rich, Rockliff, Redden, Leuenberger, Zorko, Mayes, Docherty, Longer, Karnezis, Golby.......

• Like 4

Rich, Rockliff, Redden, Leuenberger, Zorko, Mayes, Docherty, Longer, Karnezis, Golby.......

geez I must be slipping on the amount I know about other clubs because most of those names are comlpete mysterie4s to me

I guess it is hard enough watching the Dees these days, let alone others clubs

• Like 1

Nearly swallowed my tongue when I saw this

Knights to have his day with the Demons?

By Adam McNicol12:03pm AEST Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Thank god it was only Scott putting his name up

What a doosh bag Scott is, mind your own business

Let it be Roos, Choco, Matthews or Eade

• Like 2

"Roos, Choco, Matthews or Eade" or Clarkson if possible

this time, if we don't get somebody of that experience/status I'm going to effing crack it for good with this club

IMO two of these in Williams and Eade have the hots to coach again.

Roos needs to be suduced and would costs lots ( $) to convince him.

Mathews I think is a very long shot.

Clarkson is contracted till the end 2014, so at the very best we would not get him till early October if at all.

That says to me it is probably out of Williams and Eade.

My punt Eade

• Like 2

Nearly swallowed my tongue when I saw this

Knights to have his day with the Demons?

By Adam McNicol12:03pm AEST Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Thank god it was only Scott putting his name up

What a doosh bag Scott is, mind your own business

Let it be Roos, Choco, Matthews or Eade

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-06-19/knights-to-have-his-day

If its not Roos I hope they stick with Craig - I really don't think Eade or Williams will be the answer. Some stability among the carnage may not be such a bad thing

Like all interim coaches he has the next 11 weeks to demonstrate the difference he can make; and I'm hopeful we may see something

• Like 1

Roos (pipedream), Chocco, then Eade.

Experienced Coach this time around please MFC.

Why does eveyone want Choco?? Didn't do wonders at GWS and was the master teacher and coach of the esteemed D.Bailey

Why does eveyone want Choco?? Didn't do wonders at GWS and was the master teacher and coach of the esteemed D.Bailey

Choco is a good coach. He did a pretty good job with the GWS kids & by all reports now at Ninthmond. His record at Port also speaks for itself. His main deficiency is that his tenures at GWS & Port ended badly & it's known he is a bit of a loose cannon if circumstances aren't to his liking.

Roos is willing to talk now the Neeld has gone, so if he was not interested he would not be talking. He can see $$'s and possibly a reasonable list for next year. If we dont get him that still leaves us with several other reasonable optiions. Choco and Eade are the safe way to go, which melbourne must do. I personally would like to see if David King could do the job, but the risk factor is probably too high for melbourne to go near.

If its not Roos I hope they stick with Craig - I really don't think Eade or Williams will be the answer. Some stability among the carnage may not be such a bad thing

Like all interim coaches he has the next 11 weeks to demonstrate the difference he can make; and I'm hopeful we may see something

I agree Lindz, re Roosey & Lethal & Bomba,,, they are the 3 I'd want mostly...

If as you say we can't get any of them, then I'd hope we can keep Craig thru next year, ahead of eade & choco... & then have another crack at these 3 + Clarkson.

Edited by dee-luded

It would not be wise to appoint someone associated with the last disaster, hence no Craig.

I will not speculate on the possible future senior coaches - hopefully, MFC will this time exercise due diligence and make a well considered decision.

I think GWS have gone backwards since he left. They seemed to have a crack a bit more last year than this

• Like 1

The last time I checked centrebet.

Williams $3.75 fav. $3.25

Eade $4.50 $4.00

Craig $5.00

Roos $7.00

Edited by Chippy

Mark Williams
Rodney Eade
Neil Craig
Paul Roos
Brett Ratten
Scott Burns
Kevin Sheedy
Alastair Clarkson

Just did another look Money for Williams and Eade

And Matlhouse was the master teacher of the dud one and that worked really well too.

And Matlhouse was the master teacher of the dud one and that worked really well too.

That should be 2 Watters was an apprentice as well

Hope Roos see's that the changes PJ has bought about, that the cub is serious about wanting to change and that might help him change his mind along with a good wage.

With a good wage u say demon fark me if I had a $1.00M+ I would say its a very good wage.