Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

WELCOME TO DEMONLAND - PAUL ROOS

timmyo64

Saturday September 28.

Paul Roos to parachute into the MCG on Grand Final Day carrying the Premiership Cup. He will be wearing a MFC blazer, smoking a pipe and have Cameron Ling sitting on his lap.

Whilst "Rock you like a Hurricane" by The Scorpions plays at an obscene volume.

Awesome.

• Like 2

This was posted on a ABC website 2 days ago when Paul Roos was a speaker at some leadership forum..

Wach the the video and go straight to 30:03 and he was asked about the Coaching job. Again said he told peter Jackson no but remember from what we know Roos spoke with PJ basically after Neeld got sacked. As you can see Roos is a massive PJ fan and is impressed by his work. The way I see it is if there right people are in place ( Which I think we are starting to have, plus hopefully Geoff Walsh) then he will take the job. You can watch the video there.

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/bigideas/stories/2013/08/26/3833794.htm

• Like 2

This was posted on a ABC website 2 days ago when Paul Roos was a speaker at some leadership forum..

Wach the the video and go straight to 30:03 and he was asked about the Coaching job. Again said he told peter Jackson no but remember from what we know Roos spoke with PJ basically after Neeld got sacked. As you can see Roos is a massive PJ fan and is impressed by his work. The way I see it is if there right people are in place ( Which I think we are starting to have, plus hopefully Geoff Walsh) then he will take the job. You can watch the video there.

good pickup dd36

He said no.

He means no.

• Like 2

what you didn't explain was ro"osy was asking pj about the Essendon job

I've really wanted Roos for coach for a while... And after listening to this, I want him to coach all the more. But Hogan_Heroes is right. This time, he said he told PJ 'No'. The was no 'at the moment'. I'm still holding out hope, but its minute.

He certainly comes across well.

We'll know soon enough

So what about Hird as coach?

I think he has some spare time coming up soon

Only Joking Guys as the MFC has a NO DH recruitment policy and Hird is the biggest DH I know of.

So what about Hird as coach?

I think he has some spare time coming up soon

Only Joking Guys as the MFC has a NO DH recruitment policy and Hird is the biggest DH I know of.

I think u will find that has just come in the last 2-3 months TBF!

I think u will find that has just come in the last 2-3 months TBF!

Good things comes to he who waits.

One of the most impressive things about our new management structure has been the lack of leaks around key processes such as the Head Coach appointment.

Best draft pick of 2013 = Peter Jackson

So I thought we better just make something up!

I have framed a market for the heck of it

Eade 2 / 1

Craig 4 / 1

Roos 6 / 1

Williams 8 / 1

Voss 12 / 1

Harvey 15 / 1

Worsfold 30 / 1

Ratten 50 / 1

Rest name a price.......

My preference would be Neil Craig with some strong assistant coaches who could transition into the role in a couple of years such as a Lingy, Leppitch, Simpson

One of the most impressive things about our new management structure has been the lack of leaks around key processes such as the Head Coach appointment.

Good point.

But some posters have taken the silence as inertia - the club isn't doing anything! We must act!

I guess we will find out in a few weeks what Jackson is cooking. I want someone that the players cannot hide behind and that they want to play for.

• Like 1

The other line of thinking would be that we havent heard anything because there is nothing to hear... we know Eade and Williams were interviewed, and that Roos said no. There might not be anything else to hear

Eade or Roos for me... Eade's odds are probably a bit short, but who knows?

• Like 1

The other line of thinking would be that we havent heard anything because there is nothing to hear... we know Eade and Williams were interviewed, and that Roos said no. There might not be anything else to hear

Eade or Roos for me... Eade's odds are probably a bit short, but who knows?

There are the opinions of the people on the panel. We have not heard that.

There are always things that could be whispered in the ear of 'journalists' like Wilson - just ask Julian Burnside.

We are keeping things close to our chests and I prefer it this way.

There is more pointless speculation on here, but less living out the business of the club in public.

• Like 1

They are approaching potential assistants such as Burns, Ling and Simpson, if we are taking PJ at his word then they could only be assistants and not senior coaching candidates.

the decision may well have been made behind closed doors for quite some time.

also private discussions between us and Roos may be making the situation awkward, i find it hard to believe that we would still be chasing a bloke who is just flat out saying no, he might well be giving the club some sort of hope in these discussions,

either way i have faith in PJ and the panel to get this decision correct.

Paul roos has just ruled himself out of the lions job..

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/paul-roos-rules-himself-out-of-brisbane-lions-top-job/story-fni5f4q3-1226706556472

saying due to family reason he will be unable to re-locate to brisbane

If Paul Roos was coach next year I would send the MFC my pocket money but we all know thats not going to happen.

Instead we will get a washed out coach like Eade, Craig or Williams and I will tell myself that they bring us hope but will most likely be experiencing deja vu again in 3 years time.

Yes it will be great to get a coach with experience but why are the only possible coaches the ex-coaches?

The AFL coaching system is a joke - you fire one coach and replace them with another fired coach.

Having finished my rant - I don't know which coach is best but I expect the MFC to get the best one possible.

I would have thought that a coach/assistant structure would be a good idea for us. (Essendon - Hird/Thompson). Maybe a Willams/Eade with Ratten as assistant? (I don't know)

We need to fix our club structure once and for all and if that requires getting people like Bomber Thompson then so be it (he was shocked when he arrived at Essendon and if he could even inject a tenth of Geelong into Melbourne it would be worth it). Pun intended. Time to start poaching high profile Geelong staff members (may as well do the channel 7 make up team a favor and get Ling as well).

The way I see it this is our last chance of a rebuild - we may be restricted by the amount of on field changes but there is nothing stopping us making of field changes - get the best facilities, the best staff etc. Our last board seemed to be so worried about money that they forgot about the football - money will follow with results.

We need to be aggressive - being conservative will not bring in results and therefore nor money.

The coach is the puppet master but without good puppets the show will be a bust.

Get the best puppet master then get him the best freaking puppets he has ever seen!

Edited by Young Dee
  • Like 1

Paul roos has just ruled himself out of the lions job..

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/paul-roos-rules-himself-out-of-brisbane-lions-top-job/story-fni5f4q3-1226706556472

saying due to family reason he will be unable to re-locate to brisbane

:huh:

Tammi said NO !!!

• Like 2

Wow this has seriously backfired on Brisbane.. its going to make them look even more worse if they make the finals.

Wasn't the fact they sacked Voss would be the reason they thought Roos would coach them?

I hope that if Roos told PJ the same thing, that PJ makes that available publicly so we can all just move on.

I appreciate the transparency of the Lions.

There is nothing to make transparent!

He said he is not interested in coaching next year.

Paul Roos, has told both clubs he is "definitively not interested"

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/paul-roos-tells-brisbane-lions-and-melbourne-hes-not-interested-in-either-coaching-job/story-fni5f22o-1226698787702

I hope that if Roos told PJ the same thing, that PJ makes that available publicly so we can all just move on.

I appreciate the transparency of the Lions.

Why?

Even if he has the club would have moved on but by not releasing this it keeps us news worthy. There will be an article tomorrow Roos out for Brisbane but Melbourne still has hope.

I love how the club has become open and honest, but also release information that needs to be released rather than being the leaky bucket that we have been in the past.