Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

We miss you too Beamer!

KLV

Clearly you did not see his talent!Funny how he was also a B and F the year before!Perhaps you should be asking yourself why his game changed so significantly and so suddenly!

I didn't rate him in his B & F year. He won lots of ball against immature sides and generally bombed it long to no one. He refused to chase or man up or lay a tackle unless they were next to him. I have only watched him twice for Brisbane this year and he has been no different. He's guaranteed a blinder against us though.

• Like 1

I love Beamer. Good guy, with that perfect amount arrogant attitude.

When Geelong won their premerships I listened to a smart ass reporter ask him if he regretted moving - I respected Beamer immediately for his quick response (which was a resounding no).

Its a shame things didnt work out: he went from such a great player to no effort.

Best of luck Beamer. I've only ever said that you, Rivers and Petterd... and the exact opposite to Mclean, Johnstone and Farmer

I think Stef Martin could be included on the good books PJ, however, in any case, the loss of the players you named doesn't say much for the MFC hierarchy's decision making!

When Geelong won their premerships I listened to a smart ass reporter ask him if he regretted moving - I respected Beamer immediately for his quick response (which was a resounding no).

Its a shame things didnt work out: he went from such a great player to no effort.

Best of luck Beamer. I've only ever said that you, Rivers and Petterd... and the exact opposite to Mclean, Johnstone and Farmer

PJ, if I had one of those parked out in my shed I'd be a very happy man.

One powerball.

Well Steve - till you win check out this website for them: http://www.cars-on-line.com/mustang_2.html

I want a '67 - possible Eleanor conversion and a bit cheaper than the Bullitt... which you can find with this link: http://www.cars-on-line.com/mustang_1.html

They are USA stangs, but as long as they are under 59k (so you dont have to pay 30% for luxury car tax), just customs tax, importing costs and GST... plus about 12k if you want a good conversion to RHD (but you dont need to because its over 30 years old) and another 1.5k for a engine rebuild... one day mate - one day!.. or as you said one powerball!

Edited by PJ_12345
  • Like 2

I didn't rate him in his B & F year. He won lots of ball against immature sides and generally bombed it long to no one. He refused to chase or man up or lay a tackle unless they were next to him. I have only watched him twice for Brisbane this year and he has been no different. He's guaranteed a blinder against us though.

My thinking was actually about his whole time with MFC - but it also depends on what is expected of him, as I said earlier - if he does play a blinder we may be in trouble!

Well Steve - till you win check out this website for them: http://www.cars-on-line.com/mustang_2.html

I want a '67 - possible Eleanor conversion and a bit cheaper than the Bullitt... which you can find with this link: http://www.cars-on-line.com/mustang_1.html

They are USA stangs, but as long as they are under 59k (so you dont have to pay 30% for luxury car tax), just customs tax, importing costs and GST... plus about 12k if you want a good conversion to RHD (but you dont need to because its over 30 years old) and another 1.5k for a engine rebuild... one day mate - one day!.. or as you said one powerball!

An 'Eleanor copy' was sighted in an eastern Melbourne suburb just recently, and the plate was, wait for it, 'Elnor' I am told!

An 'Eleanor copy' was sighted in an eastern Melbourne suburb just recently, and the plate was, wait for it, 'Elnor' I am told!

I thought of buying the number plate Ellie or 3llie...

GT 390s are the perfect Elinor projects. I dont have a spare $250,000 for an original GT500 but the Chip Foose/Performance Elinor looks pretty awesome... and the engines still put out 350 BHP!

A harsh call 'rjay'!

Just the way I've seen it for a number of years, just couldn't afford to carry the 3 of them but particularly beamer and Silvia.

I'm by no means calling him a great player - he's not. But it should be acknowledged that we've only got one effective clearance player on our list right now.

So it was Moloney bombing it forward or the opposition gets it (if Jones doesn't get it)

And because of our poor defensive skills, if the opposition win more of the clearances, we get punished - often severely. I could always see his value, even though he was never a great user of the ball.

As I said, if Jones goes down, who's our next best clearance player? Right now?

Sometimes you have to make do with what you've got.

I understand your point 'Macca', and I guess the only problem the opposition FD have now is who tags Jones. I always felt Moloney didn't work hard enough to run off a tag, Jones has been working a lot harder in this area but he's going to be spent before the years out if he doesn't get some help. He could do with someone like Magna to do some grunt work.

A 4 gamer in Viney would probably be our next best but he's struggling with nagging injury and getting a rest this week.

Trengove may be able to step up, seems to have been building over the last couple and does get in hard.

• Like 1

Just the way I've seen it for a number of years, just couldn't afford to carry the 3 of them but particularly beamer and Silvia.

I understand your point 'Macca', and I guess the only problem the opposition FD have now is who tags Jones. I always felt Moloney didn't work hard enough to run off a tag, Jones has been working a lot harder in this area but he's going to be spent before the years out if he doesn't get some help. He could do with someone like Magna to do some grunt work.

A 4 gamer in Viney would probably be our next best but he's struggling with nagging injury and getting a rest this week.

Trengove may be able to step up, seems to have been building over the last couple and does get in hard.

Jones is a better player than Moloney. Brent had his deficiencies but he was easily better than our 3rd best clearance player. Instead of having 2 reasonable clearance players we've now only got one (right now)

Magner started the season quite well last year and won plenty of his own ball. Next thing, the coaching department tried to turn him into a tagger. Now he's back to being a rookie and his career is at the crossroads. Remember the threads we had about him last year?

'rjay', I'm a great believer in 'Do what you do, do well'. Some blokes are only good at one thing in footy and it's highly unlikely that you can change them. You can end up spending a lot of energy on a totally fruitless exercise. You can't turn the 'proverbial' into strawberry jam !!

We've got plenty on our list who could do a lot better in the midfield but for whatever reason they don't. There's a bit of talent there but they don't produce.

Edited by Macca
  • Like 1

I think Stef Martin could be included on the good books PJ, however, in any case, the loss of the players you named doesn't say much for the MFC hierarchy's decision making!

.......but T.J. got the boot !

That is just not true Gonzo. For instance, Moloney averaged 19 possessions in our losses in 2011. Which was close enough to our best average for any of our players in those losses. Think Jones averaged 20 or 21 in those same losses. Completely missing? Don't think so.

The brutal truth is that none of our players have stood up consistently in all our losses from 2007 - 2012. None of them. Jones did ok last year in our big losses.

I'm constantly astonished that this vital piece of information is ignored.

He may have got possessions but I'm more interested in what he did with the footy once he got it, how damaging he was to the opposition and how hard he was willing to run back to pressure and defend space.

• Like 2

He may have got possessions but I'm more interested in what he did with the footy once he got it, how damaging he was to the opposition and how hard he was willing to run back to pressure and defend space.

Translation: "He may have been a good player, but I'm sucked in by what Neeld says so will add more weight to his opinion rather than judge a player who spent 8 years with us and won a BnF on his merits".

Jones is a better player than Moloney. Brent had his deficiencies but he was easily better than our 3rd best clearance player. Instead of having 2 reasonable clearance players we've now only got one (right now)

Magner started the season quite well last year and won plenty of his own ball. Next thing, the coaching department tried to turn him into a tagger. Now he's back to being a rookie and his career is at the crossroads. Remember the threads we had about him last year?

'rjay', I'm a great believer in 'Do what you do, do well'. Some blokes are only good at one thing in footy and it's highly unlikely that you can change them. You can end up spending a lot of energy on a totally fruitless exercise. You can't turn the 'proverbial' into strawberry jam !!

We've got plenty on our list who could do a lot better in the midfield but for whatever reason they don't. There's a bit of talent there but they don't produce.

Maybe it wasn't all about what happened on the field. The view from outside seemed like he didn't want to "buy-in" to Neeld as coach.

Translation: "He may have been a good player, but I'm sucked in by what Neeld says so will add more weight to his opinion rather than judge a player who spent 8 years with us and won a BnF on his merits".

Mate I was fed up with Moloney long before Neeld was even on the horizon so you can take your smart-arse [censored] and cram it. He was a selfish player who refused to do the hard yards and for a front-runner didn't even hurt the opposition on the scoreboard averaging 1 goal every 4 games. He had no ability to lower his eyes and hit up a target, he played footy like I played in the under 13's just get it and bash it forward as far and high as you can. Look at his game against North last year, 3 times he kicked it into the forward line without looking directly to the opposition when on at least two of those occasions he could have hit up a shorter option.

• Like 5

Mate I was fed up with Moloney long before Neeld was even on the horizon so you can take your smart-arse [censored] and cram it. He was a selfish player who refused to do the hard yards and for a front-runner didn't even hurt the opposition on the scoreboard averaging 1 goal every 4 games. He had no ability to lower his eyes and hit up a target, he played footy like I played in the under 13's just get it and bash it forward as far and high as you can. Look at his game against North last year, 3 times he kicked it into the forward line without looking directly to the opposition when on at least two of those occasions he could have hit up a shorter option.

Best and fairest.

But I guess you know better than the entire MFC...

Maybe it wasn't all about what happened on the field. The view from outside seemed like he didn't want to "buy-in" to Neeld as coach.

Didn't seem that many 'bought in' last year, if the truth be known.

In fact, if you went on actual output last year, we might be only able to name Jones and Clark as having 'bought in'

2 blokes ain't a whole lot Gonzo. Care to name any more? Who else had a good 2012?

Does that mean that roughly 40 blokes didn't 'buy in'? 15 of those 40 were delisted, traded out or left of their own volition so we could safely say that those 15 didn't buy in. Or have they got other excuses?

Edited by Macca
  • Like 2

In fact, if you went on actual output last year, we might be only able to name Jones and Clark as having 'bought in'

2 blokes ain't a whole lot Gonzo. Care to name any more? Who else had a good 2012?

Does that mean that roughly 40 blokes didn't 'buy in' . 15 of those 40 were delisted so we could safely say that those 15 didn't buy in. Or have they got other excuses?

If so many aren't "buying in" (geez I'm sick of that rubbish saying), you've gotta start wondering if the problem is the product/seller rather than the buyer...

So you don't rate Nathan Jones year last year (4 wins) then either?

2011 = 8.5 wins, 13th place. Reckon we'll get near that this year?

Jones had a good year but I wouldn't go comparing him to Hodge or Selwood or Pendlebury or Bartel or Mitchell etc etc

Fact is the MFC saw what I saw which is why they got rid of him, but I guess you know better than the MFC.

Does that mean that roughly 40 blokes didn't 'buy in' . 15 of those 40 were delisted so we could safely say that those 15 didn't buy in. Or have they got other excuses?

If so many aren't "buying in" (geez I'm sick of that rubbish saying), you've gotta start wondering if the problem is the product/seller rather than the buyer...

There's a difference between output and mindset. Why do you guys think Moloney was sent back to Casey last year? Yeah so many weren't "buying in" because for the most part they're a bunch of overpaid prima donnas who crack the sads when someone comes along and gives them some home truths. Ablett, Mooney and Steve Johnson took the criticism on board and turned into consistent premiership players. Moloney had a hissy fit and refused to lead the club by example. Neeld would have loved to have had him as a big experienced player leading the younger kids but I guess you think he just likes sacrificing senior players for the sake of it because he is some evil egomaniac or something. Neeld's fate is tied to the players, if he thought Moloney would have helped him improve the teams performance, don't you think he would have kept him? Jesus we're talking about a guy who as a supposedly senior player and grown adult got so drunk he couldn't remember if he [censored] on the bar or not.

• Like 3

Fact is the MFC saw what I saw which is why they got rid of him, but I guess you know better than the MFC.

You do understand the concept of free agency yeah?

And who said anyone was comparing Moloney to "Hodge or Selwood or Pendlebury or Bartel or Mitchell etc"?

Fact is, you're sucked in by Neeld's "tough talk". You try to talk evidence but the actual evidence is a best and fairest versus a guy with 5 wins from 26 games and an average losing margin this year of 107 points, so I wouldn't try bringing facts into it if I was you.

Maybe stick to your "hissy fit" rumours, as that seems to be the usual safety blanket of those who want to dismiss Moloney's contribution to MFC.

There's a difference between output and mindset. Why do you guys think Moloney was sent back to Casey last year? Yeah so many weren't "buying in" because for the most part they're a bunch of overpaid prima donnas who crack the sads when someone comes along and gives them some home truths. Ablett, Mooney and Steve Johnson took the criticism on board and turned into consistent premiership players. Moloney had a hissy fit and refused to lead the club by example. Neeld would have loved to have had him as a big experienced player leading the younger kids but I guess you think he just likes sacrificing senior players for the sake of it because he is some evil egomaniac or something. Neeld's fate is tied to the players, if he thought Moloney would have helped him improve the teams performance, don't you think he would have kept him? Jesus we're talking about a guy who as a supposedly senior player and grown adult got so drunk he couldn't remember if he [censored] on the bar or not.

Judging by the above post, you're acknowledging that last year, up to 40 of our players didn't 'buy in'. By the way, Grimes and Tom McDonald had reasonable years. So we're up to 4.

So in summary, it was Moloney and about another 40 odd players who possibly didn't 'buy in'. 15 of those 40 were traded out, were delisted or left of their own volition.

Fair enough.

I now make all applicable references to the 'Coaching staff', stuie. Much safer ground ^_^

Edited by Macca
  • Like 1

You do understand the concept of free agency yeah?

And who said anyone was comparing Moloney to "Hodge or Selwood or Pendlebury or Bartel or Mitchell etc"?

Fact is, you're sucked in by Neeld's "tough talk". You try to talk evidence but the actual evidence is a best and fairest versus a guy with 5 wins from 26 games and an average losing margin this year of 107 points, so I wouldn't try bringing facts into it if I was you.

Maybe stick to your "hissy fit" rumours, as that seems to be the usual safety blanket of those who want to dismiss Moloney's contribution to MFC.

It's clear you've got an anti-Neeld agenda (like your mates Hardnut and Tonatopia) so there's no point trying to point out the obvious to you. Whether he left under FA or not is irrelevant as the club did nothing to try and keep him and relegated him to Casey last year, that should tell you something.

I wasn't comparing Moloney to those other players (it was Jones), I was pointing out that while Jones had a good year which got him a B&F at the end of the day B&F's in poor teams mean next to nothing because neither Jones or Moloney can stack up against the best midfielders in the league.

Fact is, you've got no idea about this or any other topic I've seen you post on. Moloney was a lazy front runner before Neeld got to the club and I already had an opinion on that while Bailey was still coach. He's not the only one, our club has been full of lazy front runners for years. Yze, Johnstone, Bruce, White, Robertson all of them afflicted with the same bruise-free laziness. I guess I've been "sucked in" by Neeld about them too huh? What about Stef Martin, now that he's gone I guess he was the second coming of Polly Farmer but that dastardly Neeld just wouldn't give him a go. Lucas Cook could've been the next Carey and Gysberts the next Pendlebury if only Neeld wasn't such a mean old bully.

Go ahead and post some stupid pic though that seems to be the only way you have to compensate for your utter lack of basic football knowledge.

Edited by Dr. Gonzo
  • Like 2

It's clear you've got an anti-Neeld agenda (like your mates Hardnut and Tonatopia) so there's no point trying to point out the obvious to you. Whether he left under FA or not is irrelevant as the club did nothing to try and keep him and relegated him to Casey last year, that should tell you something.

I wasn't comparing Moloney to those other players (it was Jones), I was pointing out that while Jones had a good year which got him a B&F at the end of the day B&F's in poor teams mean next to nothing because neither Jones or Moloney can stack up against the best midfielders in the league.

Fact is, you've got no idea about this or any other topic I've seen you post on. Moloney was a lazy front runner before Neeld got to the club and I already had an opinion on that while Bailey was still coach. He's not the only one, our club has been full of lazy front runners for years. Yze, Johnstone, Bruce, White, Robertson all of them afflicted with the same bruise-free laziness. I guess I've been "sucked in" by Neeld about them too huh? What about Stef Martin, now that he's gone I guess he was the second coming of Polly Farmer but that dastardly Neeld just wouldn't give him a go. Lucas Cook could've been the next Carey and Gysberts the next Pendlebury if only Neeld wasn't such a mean old bully.

Go ahead and post some stupid pic though that seems to be the only way you have to compensate for your utter lack of basic football knowledge.

Now now, you're bedside manner is quite ordinary for a "Doctor", no need to start throwing around insults and (deliberately?) misinterpreting the point.

You can't try and bag out other people's football knowledge purely because they are not convinced by a coach with a 19% winning record.

You can keep your "alternative scoreboards" (as Cometti) calls them, but I'll stick to wins and losses rather than tough talk and rhetoric.