Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Changes v West Coast

stuie

Mfc needs to make an emphatic statement to team composition this week after they did not perform this week. Need to replace under performing players them with Casey players who did perform. We must show we respect and reward players who earn it and those that cannot measure up, need to go back to Casey to earn their place back. Hunger is what we need and most in the side, most of the players mentioned as doing well for Casey this week were noted for that. This week should be a test for those in Casey to see if they measure up and a chance for Senior players who did not measure up to run into form.

Like the keeness

Out: Rodan, Gillies, Byrnes, Pederson

In: Pettard, Rivers, Gysberts, Moloney

The latter 4 left because of Neeld . The other 4 were the only players willing to play under him. Liam Jurrah would arguably be our best forward option right now.

At this point i just want us to show some competitive spirit....i hate losing but if we go down but show some bloody spirit

Is playing for Casey inherantly more safe than playing AFL?

Well ...that's my laugh for the day. Unfortunately Taggert played in the 2's at Casey and didn't make the best in that match, Magna is back on the rookie list and not available, Barry doesn't like the contest at this stage and Big Max, well he would be a chance but I hope they don't pick him just yet. If Big Max is picked this week then the footy department should be accused of not looking after their players.

He might have to take it into his own hands at training this week.

At this point i just want us to show some competitive spirit....i hate losing but if we go down but show some bloody spirit

The sad part about all this is that we would probably be happy with a 5 or 6 goal loss this week and that includes the Football Department.

That is how low our expectations have sunk.

The sad part about all this is that we would probably be happy with a 5 or 6 goal loss this week and that includes the Football Department.

That is how low our expectations have sunk.

A 5 or 6 goal loss would be a whopping percentage-booster

• Like 4

It is hard to pick which players to leave out against WC, would not want to see more than 4 changes.

Out:

-Gillies - He has showed very little in the first two games to retain his position (he does not play a structural part in the side, as the side currently has no structure)

-Toumpas - I will only leave him out as he is taking these losses to heart (heart, that many of our players do not have atm), playing a few games @ Casey will help with his confidence and will be able to assist with his development without crushing his spirits in disastrous losses. If Melbourne eventually come to fruition in 2-3 years, he will play a vital role. Very important long term player.

- Sylvia - I have no respect for Sylvia, senior player showing no on field leadership, does not chase, does not tackle, and does not act like a senior player.

- Rodan - He has not shown much on field (neither has many of the other players), however, more is expected from a senior head.

In:

- Spencer - Surely he will play with more intensity than Jamar, watching him at Casey a few times, he chases and tackles and loves the contact. He and Jamar can rest in the forward line. Spencer will play like it is his last game, Jamar plays as though his position is not on the line.

- McKenzie - hard head required

- Kent - I liked him during the preseason and I think he will provide that little spark that is sorely needed

- Bail (Sub) - he may not be 100% fit, but I like the way he goes about it.

Emerg:

- Pederson - May need to play a role down back due to WC's talls

- Jetta - If he plays well for Casey this week, he should come in for the GWS game, he is playing well as a forward and defender, consistency should earn a senior call up.

- Dunn - Only play if a forward is required, do not like him in defence

Magner & Couch seem to be playing very well in the VFL, surely if they continue this form throughout the season then they HAVE earned a promotion in this years draft. Consistency deserves recognition, I am surprised both were overlooked last year to be elevated to the senior list.

Max Gawn - as much as I would love him to come straight in he does need 2-3 weeks to build match fitness, once that is achieved he should play the remaining rounds.

Aaron Davey - keep him in, it seems as though he has turned over a leaf and just needs to play 4 quarters, not the only player needed to play 4 quarters.

Jack Watts - to play up forward AND stay up forward, he is not a defender.

James Sellar - can sit in defence as talls are needed against WC's talls

Luke Tapscott - play 2 more games at Casey, if consistency is required from the players then this is the best way to prove it. Replicate this performance and he deserves a spot in the 22

Jack Grimes - Play him out of defence

Backs: Frawley, Garland, McDonald, Nicholson, Grimes, Terlich

Mids: Viney, N Jones, M Jones, McKenzie, Trengove

Ruck: Jamar

Forwards: Clark, Watts, Howe, Davey, Blease, Byrnes

Int: Spencer, Kent, Sellar, Bail (Sub)

Edited by Benson

A 5 or 6 goal loss would be a whopping percentage-booster

That depends. If we lose by 6 goals but score less than 28% of their score, it'll still go down!

That depends. If we lose by 6 goals but score less than 28% of their score, it'll still go down!

OK. I should have said 'on the balance of probability'.

It's difficult to conceive that WC will have trouble putting quite a few on the board.

It is hard to pick which players to leave out against WC, would not want to see more than 4 changes.

Out:

-Gillies - He has showed very little in the first two games to retain his position (he does not play a structural part in the side, as the side currently has no structure)

-Toumpas - I will only leave him out as he is taking these losses to heat (heat, that many of our players do not have atm), playing a few games @ Casey will help with his confidence and will be able to assist with his development without crushing his spirits in disastrous losses. If Melbourne eventually come to fruition in 2-3 years, he will play a vital role. Very important long term player.

- Sylvia - I have no respect for Sylvia, senior player showing no on field leadership, does not chase, does not tackle, and does not act like a senior player.

- Rodan - He has not shown much on field (neither has many of the other players), however, more is expected from a senior head.

In:

- Spencer - Surely he will play with more intensity than Jamar, watching him at Casey a few times, he chases and tackles and loves the contact. He and Jamar can rest in the forward line. Spencer will play like it is his last game, Jamar plays as though his position is not on the line.

- McKenzie - hard head required

- Kent - I liked him during the preseason and I think he will provide that little spark that is sorely needed

- Bail (Sub) - he may not be 100% fit, but I like the way he goes about it.

Emerg:

- Pederson - May need to play a role down back due to WC's talls

- Jetta - If he plays well for Casey this week, he should come in for the GWS game, he is playing well as a forward and defender, consistency should earn a senior call up.

- Dunn - Only play if a forward is required, do not like him in defence

Magner & Couch seem to be playing very well in the VFL, surely if they continue this form throughout the season then they HAVE earned a promotion in this years draft. Consistency deserves recognition, I am surprised both were overlooked last year to be elevated to the senior list.

Max Gawn - as much as I would love him to come straight in he does need 2-3 weeks to build match fitness, once that is achieved he should play the remaining rounds.

Aaron Davey - keep him in, it seems as though he has turned over a leaf and just needs to play 4 quarters, not the only player needed to play 4 quarters.

Jack Watts - to play up forward AND stay up forward, he is not a defender.

James Sellar - can sit in defence as talls are needed against WC's talls

Luke Tapscott - play 2 more games at Casey, if consistency is required from the players then this is the best way to prove it. Replicate this performance and he deserves a spot in the 22

Jack Grimes - Play him out of defence

Backs: Frawley, Garland, McDonald, Nicholson, Grimes, Terlich

Mids: Viney, N Jones, M Jones, McKenzie, Trengove

Ruck: Jamar

Forwards: Clark, Watts, Howe, Davey, Blease, Byrnes

Int: Spencer, Kent, Sellar, Bail (Sub)

Benson, your ins are good, but run and carry will upset the Eagles

Couch and Magner are sloggers and slow, slow, slow. Even if they get elevated, you can't play those with Jordie, so tough decisions will have to be made at season's end.

Watts forward and stays there...I agree. Not a backman, now that he's been tagged. That's some solace that he can take away as opposition coaches respect his disposal efficiency.

Gillies - out. Not sure about this chap.

Bail, in....run, run, run.

Swing Nicho, 2 x Jones, 3 x Jacks, Sylvia, Garland, Jordie, Tapscott, Terlich, Howe, Davey and Byrnes. Burst them out for 10 minutes each - I want to see a record number of rotations. There are enough bloody coaches to sort this out.

Mitch to start in the ruck with Jamar forward, then swing around at the 15 minute mark.

Hey, it can't get worse, can it? :)

• Like 1

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2013-04-08/round-1-vfl-player-review

Magner and Tapscott seemingly dominated according to MFC.com.au

Magner is too slow.

A side can only afford to carry one, slow, inside mid - that's Jordie Mac atm.

Besides, he's not eligible.

Tapscott, 2 more dominating weeks.

Edited by jumbo returns

FB: Garland Frawley Pedersen

HB: Terlich McDonald Grimes

C: Evans Jones M. Jones

HF: Howe Clark Byrnes

FF: Davey Gawn Blease

Foll: Jamar Viney McKenzie

Int: Trengove Watts Tapscott

S: Toumpas

In: Pedersen, McKenzie, Evans, Gawn, Tapscott

Out: Gillies, Nicholson, Rodan, Sellar, Sylvia

AIMS:

1. Fortify the backline, thats where most of our action happens - Pederesen, Grimes down there helps

2. Get some ruck ascendency by playing Gawn along with Jamar, it takes run from the forward line but we can't get slaughtered in the ruck. Trial Evans on a wing

3. Some forward pressure in the forward line - Tapscott, Blease, Byrnes, Davey please help!

4. Midfield can not be saved. Shuffle the deck chairs and hope Trengove and Evans can do something

5. Give poor Jimmy Toumpas a break before we cook him.

• Like 1

[censored] Gillies, jamar and sylvia off, if we are going to be beaten might as well get some experience into young players

That's called tanking

• Like 1

Agreed! If Gawn is fit get him in! Any wise people have some answers re: the following...1/ Will Sylvia and Toumpass be retained for WC. ( I feel both should play R 3 especially Sylvia)2/ I know this is contentious but here goes? How many games will Neeld survive if Melbourne continues to be flogged. (Flogged = 50 point loss). Note: I like him and he obviously has passion but does he have anything else? After reading all the commentary on this one I'm torn.3/ What's the progress on Taggert and Gawn. A Fit Gawn similar to the one I saw V Tigers 2 years ago is badly needed to replace an ageing and slowing Jamar. IMO. Taggert looked very promising before getting injured.4/ Is Barry any good and if so is he ready for a call up given desperate times?

Taggart a good honest toiler, fit following back injuries. Dom 'Hollywood' Barry fast and flash would bring some excitement with him. Probably a fraction light at this stage.

Joel Macdonald?

Watts should spend time at Casey until he learns how to dominate football.

That is what should have happened from day 1.

Based on what he has shown he would not have played more than 10 games.

• Like 1

what is with Spencer love - didn't even make the best players at Casey whereas Gawn was second best.

Anything is better than what Jamar dished up. Dom Barry would've been just as effective in the ruck. That's why the Spencer love.

FB: Garland Frawley PedersenHB: Terlich McDonald GrimesC: Evans Jones M. JonesHF: Howe Clark ByrnesFF: Davey Gawn BleaseFoll: Jamar Viney McKenzieInt: Trengove Watts TapscottS: ToumpasIn: Pedersen, McKenzie, Evans, Gawn, TapscottOut: Gillies, Nicholson, Rodan, Sellar, SylviaAIMS:1. Fortify the backline, thats where most of our action happens - Pederesen, Grimes down there helps2. Get some ruck ascendency by playing Gawn along with Jamar, it takes run from the forward line but we can't get slaughtered in the ruck. Trial Evans on a wing3. Some forward pressure in the forward line - Tapscott, Blease, Byrnes, Davey please help!4. Midfield can not be saved. Shuffle the deck chairs and hope Trengove and Evans can do something5. Give poor Jimmy Toumpas a break before we cook him.

Watts?

This weeks plan

1. tag Priddis (mandatory). He got 38 possessions last time we played the weagles.

2. Clark, Davey and Howe inside fwd line.

3. Do not allow weagles a loose man in defence

4. Jamar to compete and run to crunch the opposition.

5. 2nd efforts

6. Let Frawley run, run and run. play him as a HBF.

7. Tapscott in.

8. Direct footy & fast(no going backwards ever).

9. Tackling a priority.

10. Kick to 15 metre hotspot from goal (not to the pocket ever).

Our personnel is like shuffling deckchairs. Neeld has words but I would like to see TANGIBLE improvement or signs.

"Tough Love". We need more than that. Neeld said "No idea. Didn't see it coming in round 1"... why ?? I saw them agst the Suns and we were lacklustre.

Key backs: Frawley, Macdonald, Garland

Running Backs: Terlich, Dunn

Ruck: Gawn

Midfielders: N. Jones, Viney, Jetta, Grimes, Watts, Kent, Trengove, Blease, Sylvia, M. Jones

Key Forwards: Clark, Pedersen (2nd ruck)

Running Forwards: Byrnes, Howe, Davey

Sub: Bail

Emergency: Evans, Strauss, Sellar

Watts to play on a wing, and drop forward when pedersen is in the ruck. Sellar or Pedersen, I'm not too bothered which one plays. Would like to see some different players run through the middle, Jetta and Strauss when he plays.

Pick guys on form, see Gawn and Kent.