Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Who's in......I am

Roost It

I felt like leaving because of the tanking but getting flogged....I'm used to that.The 70's and 80's got me used to it. Heads will roll (hopefully Schwab and Mclardy) but we'll be back you can take that to the bank. Now stop your snivelling, buy your membership and hang on tight because we've got a [censored] to fly through

Go Demons

Unleash Hell

• Like 34

I felt like leaving because of the tanking but getting flogged....I'm used to that.The 70's and 80's got me used to it. Heads will roll (hopefully Schwab and Mclardy) but we'll be back you can take that to the bank. Now stop your snivelling, buy your membership and hang on tight because we've got a [censored] to fly through

Go Demons

Unleash Hell

I'm in Roost it. What's the alternative?

• Like 3

Go Demons

Unleash Hell

I like your attitude! I'm 16 and I'll continue to stick with the Dees until I die. I'm in!

• Like 8

I'm in Roost. Always have been, always will.

Each and every poster on this site will live to regret the 'I'm gone' statements they've littered each and every thread with.

Will we rise again? Of course we will.

Will the above mentioned defeatists be a part of it? Not if they have any shame they won't.

You never desert your club, no matter the circumstance.

• Like 4

I will fly from Hobart next weekend, to watch the game. Not really expecting to see a win, and perhaps I won't see Jack Watts and perhaps not even Jack Viney - disappointments, if so. Really interesting stories those guys, regardless of the scoreboard. Also, interested to feel the mood. I think Neeld has to be a goner, and I'd be pleased to see other club employees turned over, just like players were turned over six months ago. Gotta try something. But, surely it's interesting times. Why would we not want to see it? Frontrunners? - like those players we have rubbished in the past?

Actually, it's easy for us. You're not ambushed by it, it's not as though it's a huge surprise. Take off the scarf, and walk away. Catharsis for another week. It's still great being alive and in Melbourne and going to the G.

Edited by robbiefrom13

I'm torn.

Half of me wants to cancel my membership and [censored] on Jack Watts doorstep. The other half tells me that mathematically we can still make the finals.

I'm in?

• Like 3

Im in. Stayed to the bitter end tonight and will continue to do so. This is OUR club, we need to stick by it now, although no excuses can be made for the FD and the shite performance.

• Like 1

If you can call doing nothing more than watching the games from the comfort of my living room, then yes I'm in.

But going to games? Buying merchandise? Having any hope whatsoever in being able to have that Grand Final beer that I promised my grandpa? No. Not any more.

• Like 1

I'm in. Always have been. Always will be. Heart ripped out or not.

There to the end of the wins

There to the end of the losses

There to the end of the disaster

I'm there....

Edited by Grandson of a gun
  • Like 3

I'm flying over with 6 mad keen eagles fans next week...I'm in too

My plan is to get so blind that I don't remember the game. Any suggestions? Cricketers/royal from the time they open?

“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.” - Melbourne Football Club.

• Like 7

In as well.

I didn't experience much of the eighties, but I've been thinking about that period in the past weeks. What those Dees fans put up with for all those long years. My Dad slogged through all those years and when he had kids taught us about the magic of Robbie Flower. And by the end of Robbie's career we had a good team again. I don't have kids but if I did maybe I would be telling them stories about Jeremy Howe marks or Jack Viney's blood, or big Jimma saving the club and inspiring the nation.

Things will get better, it really will happen. It's harder for a club like ours that can't put the money into recruiting and the football department that an Essendon or Collingwood can, but it will happen. Not with Neeld, that's for sure. And probably not with this crop of players. Jesse Hogan may be in his seventh year by the time we're a decent club again. We may win a couple of wooden spoons before we finally find our Buddy or Reiwoldt in the draft. But given we're now debt free thanks to Jimma, we certainly will not fold any time soon, and simply based on history and AFL systems it is highly unlikely we can stay this bad for another five years.

I'm also in just because there is more to this than football. The MFC brings my whole family together. Last week I was there with my young cousins. This week I was there with my brother. Even getting pumped we are sharing something we all care about and bonding. At the end of our lives those times are going to count for a lot.

And finally, just imagine if we win a premiership in our lifetimes, how it would feel. Looking back on nights like this? I get a bit emotional just thinking about it.

Red and Blue for life.

• Like 5

I am in. Putting my name down for a midfield position. Jones and Viney need a hand and someone needs to lay a tackle. I'm good for at least half-a-dozen and a couple of scraps.

If Fletcher can do it at 38, I'm good to go.

I promise no jumper punching, but can't promise that i won't be up on charges due to the MRP's inconsistency.

The players can also "trust me" that I will be there to lend a hand and help hunt in numbers. Mistakes on the field also "matter" to me.

I value non negotiables, possess leadership qualities so I should be a shoe-in. And I'd play for next to nothing. Only require daily massages....well, maybe hourly massages....

I'm in as well.

My girlfriend and I leaving the ground tonight got in the lift on level 3, doors opened on Level 2 and Don McLardy stepped in to the lift, he look devastated. His face was white as ghost and was just looking at the top of lift. I was feeling so bad after the 2nd week of watching this rubbish but when I saw his face he just looked so upset himself. I told him on the way out of the lift that we will be here(at MCG) next week supporting the club. He thanked me and went to the rooms.

We need to stay strong as a club. I hate seeing all these people saying they will give up on the club. It's not going well at the moment, which is an understatement, if the supporters stick with the club that is the only way things will turn around. We need passionate supporters who will stand by the club not leave when things get tough.

• Like 5

In all seriousness, everyone on this board is in. If you care enough about the club to be on the Internet talking about it with strangers who also care, you're never going to leave it. Sure we may whine and moan an make empty threats about not renewing our memberships, but that's just frustration and disappointment rearing their heads. The fact that we take the effort to come here and say those things shows that we still have passion for the club, that we still care. When we stop comin here, that's when you'll know that we're out.

• Like 4