Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

A CLUB IN CRISIS ... THE AFL MUST STEP IN

Range Rover

If Neeld is the problem why did Dawes come across to be with him?

He was heavily endorsed by guys like Maxwell and Malthouse

I can assure you I'm not in a minority of one, as much as you want to paint me as such.

That is irony. Because I am saying exactly that - you are not the victimised minority.

We are all aware that things need to change, stop painting those that don't want immediate sackings - which are impossible and/or incredibly expensive - as indifferent, or unaware, or apologists, or all three.

• Like 1

Don't forget the money DeeZee

Youre right, i suppose money is the only way we could attract decent players to this club.

• Lack of quality mids, changing of personnel to generate a new level of professionalism within the club takes time. And they're working on that.
  • we haven't been nearly enough close to getting to the ball first and our intensity and confidence has dropped as a result.
  • still a lot of room for improvement with respect to onfield leadership
  • We have some quality personnel who are inexperienced and we think will mature soon enough; and we'll add to that
  • Culture can come from the top, but it can also be a player driven standard among leaders and passed down to younger players such as at Geelong
  • the way forward is sticking together to generate results on the field, it's the only way out of this.

The standard and culture at Geelong was driven from the top, this gave the players a framework to build their structure on.

Can't happen from below, get the top right everything else will follow.

• Like 3

What's patronising is making grand statements about sackings and takeovers and revolutions without any positive substance of what you'd do next, other than call in the AFL, who half got us into this mess with the Inquisition. I agree with GoodVibes.

Sacking Daniher and Bailety achieved nothing. Sacking Neeld, McLardy and Schwab now will do the same. Time the players just stood up on the field and played like AFL footballers.

A voice of reason. I'm not sure where some of these posters seem to think you get new CEO's, Presidents, Boards & Administrators ! They don't just fall out of the trees.

And as for the suggestion of Neil Mitchell - spare me ! I don't think he's even a member. Just another heckler from the back stalls.

A voice of reason. I'm not sure where some of these posters seem to think you get new CEO's, Presidents, Boards & Administrators ! They don't just fall out of the trees.

And as for the suggestion of Neil Mitchell - spare me ! I don't think he's even a member. Just another heckler from the back stalls.

So by extension does that mean you have to stay with someone who is not good enough?

Now I say that in a general sense leaving the MFC out of it.

The standard and culture at Geelong was driven from the top, this gave the players a framework to build their structure on.

Can't happen from below, get the top right everything else will follow.

I don't disagree entirely with that, because standards were addressed at the top via recruiting to get in players of character and staff of good character - Costa said so himself. So hence they had the players with that drive. My point is the playing standard and training standards were player led and sometimes player driven. And leaders question one another. This has been well documented.

1116 was just saying that they think that Sylvia will leave at the end of the year and Watts will asked to be traded.

And why would they want to leave?

Not everyone has bought into the MN way and will the club discuss why the players called the AFL player welfare manager in?

Neeld has issues with the way he treats the players and this isn't Barwon F.C. or some school. There is a disconnect between the playing group and the coach. Also ask who at the club authorised MN to come in and clean out the previous leadership group, appoint two rookie captains after he had 6 weeks to access the club and then at seasons end clear out 14 players.

MN's plans had to be detailed, presented and authorised by the football department and then signed off by the board, there are a few culpable operators in this comedy of errors and all we ask is for someone to take responsibility or did the board abrogate all responsibility and let a rookie coach change everything without any checks and balances?

Admit errors and try and fix them. I see NO inclination by MN to concede he made errors or a desire to change his style. A rebuild of a rebuild was always going to be a very risky strategy.

And why would they want to leave?

Not everyone has bought into the MN way and will the club discuss why the players called the AFL player welfare manager in?

Neeld has issues with the way he treats the players and this isn't Barwon F.C. or some school. There is a disconnect between the playing group and the coach. Also ask who at the club authorised MN to come in and clean out the previous leadership group, appoint two rookie captains after he had 6 weeks to access the club and then at seasons end clear out 14 players.

MN's plans had to be detailed, presented and authorised by the football department and then signed off by the board, there are a few culpable operators in this comedy of errors and all we ask is for someone to take responsibility or did the board abrogate all responsibility and let a rookie coach change everything without any checks and balances? Admit errors and try and fix them. I see NO inclination by MN to concede he made errors or a desire to change his style. A rebuild of a rebuild was always going to be a very risky strategy.

Yes it was risky but without it we would just be the same as the past years....Something had to change to change the culture of this club....I reckon we needed someone to shake this club out of it's lethargic ways...It is a process that will succeed in the long run...

I see NO inclination by MN to concede he made errors or a desire to change his style.

I agree with this Older Demon (are you the slightly older brother of old demon?). MN questions the player alot but i haven't heard much from him about what he needs to do (this year or last year).

I also agree about the disconnect between him and the playing group. I probably wouldn't have before the weekend but it was there for all to see Sat night.

BTW what's the source on the players calling the AFL player welfare manager in and when was it supposed to have occurred?

Edited by binman

There is definately a disconnect between coach(s) and the players.

Saturday night was the worst team effort i have seen live.

This is why i cannot believe so many on here are willing to write off this entire season.

Christ it's just begun...i will not cop another wasted year...Get Real people.

I agree with this Older Demon (are you the slightly older brother of old demon?). MN questions the player alot but i haven't heard much from him about what he needs to do (this year or last year).

I also agree about the disconnect between him and the playing group. I probably wouldn't have before the weekend but it was there for all to see Sat night.

BTW what's the source on the players calling the AFL player welfare manager in and when was it supposed to have occurred?

No I am not the the older brother I just feel old and barracking for the Demons for 57 years will do that to you.

Alleged call came after round 1 and cannot name source but rumour arose at launch of another league where one of the coaches works for the AFL (probably said too much). Same night was rumour that AFL would take over admin of Demons within a month unless things improved....they haven't

I don't take delight in being right. But I will say that the way some of you attacked me here was shameful.

There's debate and then there's belittling a fellow Dees man and trying to get him banned for voicing an opinion.

Have a good hard long look some of you (Stuie, Satyricon etc)

Edited by Range Rover

I don't take delight in being right. But I will say that the way some of you attacked me here was shameful.

There's debate and then there's belittling a fellow Dees man and trying to get him banned for voicing an opinion.

I'm glad you don't take delight in being right because I'm still waiting for you to apologise for the ENDLESS 'I Believe in Neeld' threads that you started in 2012 only to go very soft on him after about 20 minutes of 2013.

http://demonland.com/forums/index.php?/topic/30189-everyone-stand-up-and-applaud-mark-neeld/

'I'm backing him in come hell or high water.'

You are a trooper.

• Like 2

Sorry I thought you wanted the AFL to take over. Today was the club looking after the best interests of the club and a faithful servant doing what had to be done.

• Like 3

Sorry I thought you wanted the AFL to take over. Today was the club looking after the best interests of the club and a faithful servant doing what had to be done.

However you want to spin it to make it sound more palatable, it's fine.

As long as the change was made.

You sent me a private message saying "I win, stick that up ya jumper".

You are the definition of troll and you should hang your head in shame the way you've carried on while our club is in crisis.

i bet you a few 100 it was an AFL directive if you read Don's letter from yesterday.

That said Cam stood down with complete dignity intact and i applaud him for that.

• Like 1

I'm glad you don't take delight in being right because I'm still waiting for you to apologise for the ENDLESS 'I Believe in Neeld' threads that you started in 2012 only to go very soft on him after about 20 minutes of 2013.

http://demonland.com/forums/index.php?/topic/30189-everyone-stand-up-and-applaud-mark-neeld/

'I'm backing him in come hell or high water.'

You are a trooper.

Just goes to show that the great American philosopher Thomas Paine was right when he said -

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead."

• Like 3

You sent me a private message saying "I win, stick that up ya jumper".

You are the definition of troll and you should hang your head in shame the way you've carried on while our club is in crisis.

You are a no-nothing, ignorant twerp. Always wrong on just about every issue.

And now you're on ignore.