Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Time to go Mark Neeld

Grand New Flag

Hell, we've turned over half a list and have next to no injuries. Really do not see what excuses their are.

Really? You think that's all it takes - a handful of trades, grab a couple of older guys through FA, bring in a few kids and BAM! instant finals contenders?

If it was like that, how come GWS and GC aren't sweeping all before them ... they've had priority picks galore, open slather on trades with favourable conditions, extra room in the cap etc. etc. Or how come WCE or Adelaide are down around us on the ladder, after all, they're powerful clubs with plenty of resources, why can't they just make themselves instant-top-4? Or ... why don't the really big clubs, say Collingwood and Carlton, simply raffle the premiership each year, because with what they have to offer, they should be able to turn over who they want, and bring in who they like, no?

Years. It takes years and years. And if along the way, you get a handful of choices/picks/trades wrong, you go back to the bottom and start all over again.

I'm worried, we lost a couple of experienced players, clearly we haven't improved, how long can this keep going without something changing. Magner is playing well at Casey, the decision to rookie list him appears to have been the wrong one, not sure why we employ inexperienced coach's every time, perhaps they are cheaper, but I remember Lyon saying that we were going to go after an experienced one, so what happened? I think our list is more competitive than they appear, sure we need a couple extra mids to get the ball to our forwards and take pressure off the backline. Neeld has got this year to show what he can do, let's hope he can turn it around or he simply will have to go.

Don't wish him on Geelong - we'd have nothing worth watching in AFL!

What can we imagine him doing with Geelong? Trading Paul Chapman & Stevie J perhaps? Getting them to play the boundaries??

The thing is, the "zone" we watch each week which in MN's world is "not a zone" would probably work with Geelong because the players are faster/tougher/less lazy and would force the contest. Something called "winning mentality".

Ha ha, don't worry, it's an experiment that will only ever happen in our imaginations!

I don't want Neeld gone until the blokes responsible for choosing him and Bails are gone too. We'll just be on the bloody merry go round again.

Garry Lyon?

If it was a choice I'd go with Frawley - at least he's already shown he can play, Neeld has yet to show he can coach.

Frawley is a good player, but has to stop sulking and become a professional.

Do the hard yards, block, stay on your man, actually give a [censored]!

• Like 1

Ok this is a good time to bring up a nagging question that has bothered me since Neeld walked in and took Beamer off his perch. How he did it was obviously savage because Beamer said F off to both Neeld & the club for the whole 2012 Season.

So Neeld must have known he was going to be down a Grunt Mid Fielder most of that season. Once Beamer went to casey it was signed off.

So now he has a big hole in the middle that has not been filled.

Toumpas & Viney=Beamer...No.

This is why i don't get overlooking Vines. Sure he is raw but he is a goer

Neeld has almost sealed his fate himself..he knew this would happen & we still recruit a baby who needs education.

In the words of a classic Warner Bros Cartoon

"IT JUST DON'T ADD UP"....

Geez....You were calling for Beamer to be sacked all year....Then when it happens it's the coach's fault ...Who did you think would replace him???........Just lost for words, I am....

• Like 2

And left us with a weaker midfield. Bravo.

Our midfield would not be helped having Moloney in it. We need some out and out class. Jones and Viney make Moloney useless. Toumpas must become the player we recruited and we need 2 more this draft. I'd say we also need a new coach buit am holding judgement for a little longer. I'm not sure any coach could work with our midfield. Why this hasn't been rectified with our 12 top 20 picks is simply staggering. Ineptitude of magnificent proportions.

Cook, Gysberts, Strauss, Maric, Scully, Trengove, Watts. Holy hell

• Like 1

It is possible that it was never Neeld Beamer fell out with. Neeld may have wanted him, But Schwab & Beamer fell out big time after 186.

Dumbest thing you've ever posted WYL.

I do remember the Beamer / Schwab presser after the urination incident. Humiliated Brent.

This whole thing with Neeld and Bailey before him is crucifying the supporter base. I DO NOT want to hear anymore spin from Neeld.

Neeld has made some massive bad decisions since arriving and has shown no ability to coach so far. All of our best young players are playing bad football under Neeld.

He is unlikely to be sacked yet...but he will be sacked.

The urgency for the MFC to get its house in order cannot be understated.

This playing list and football department are corrupting the whole competition.

These discussions alone are enough to suggest that our club is falling apart, supporters are frustrated and we are not performing to an acceptable level.

Say what you like, but many of us die hard fans have lost a lot of our love for this club since Neeld has come on board. I can only imagine how the players feel. Speak to the right people and you'll find out that many of our players, our better players, are as frustrated as us supporters and want out.

Something has to give. Coaches are not bigger than our club and our club is bleeding.

Keep him for the next 10 games or the rest of the season, it makes no difference, but come the end of the year, we need drastic changes. Again.

I wish I knew how to fix our club, but I don't. But I do know that it's easier to change the coach than throw out an entire list of players, some of which are actually pretty good or at least has the potential to be.

Our club is on a fast track to death. We need to change many things and we need to do it before it's too late, because the one thing we can all agree on, is that none of us want to see this club disappear into oblivion.

I understand and agree, I am also aware of frustrated players who want out...... particularly our better players. If Neeld remains we will see a massive run come seasons end. My view is that a new coach must be brought in immediately. There is no point in holding onto a coach once you realise he is not the one. A change in style with a coach that is able to develop self belief and inspire our players is our best chance of saving the furniture come season end.

Further the ~15 week tenure will give a fill in coach the opportunity to make his mark and potentially gain the role permanently (aka Roos). It is like an extended interview.

What’s more the longer we have to get a new coach the greater advantage in securing a experienced, successful coach.

Neeld must be shown the door as a matter of urgency. I am fearing what Carlton will do to us this weekend. Their midfield is very strong, their forwards extremely quick and dangerous once their midfield gets the ball with little pressure. I can't see us losing by LESS THEN 15 GOALS. Surely this will be the final act of this most hopelessly qualified coach Neeld.

Melbourne cannot go for another untried coach. We can't afford the risk.

Edited by Grand New Flag

I understand and agree, I am also aware of frustrated players who want out...... particularly our better players. If Neeld remains we will see a massive run come seasons end. My view is that a new coach must be brought in immediately. There is no point in holding onto a coach once you realise he is not the one. A change in style with a coach that is able to develop self belief and inspire our players is our best chance of saving the furniture come season end.

Further the ~15 week tenure will give a fill in coach the opportunity to make his mark and potentially gain the role permanently (aka Roos). It is like an extended interview.

What’s more the longer we have to get a new coach the greater advantage in securing a experienced, successful coach.

Neeld must be shown the door as a matter of urgency. I am fearing what Carlton will do to us this weekend. Their midfield is very strong, their forwards extremely quick and dangerous once their midfield gets the ball with little pressure. I can't see us losing by LESS THEN 15 GOALS. Surely this will be the final act of this most hopelessly qualified coach Neeld.

Melbourne cannot go for another untried coach. We can't afford the risk.

This made me giggle

When assessing risks you need to sum up the risks for doing what you think is right and also what you think is wrong

Don't get upset but you clearly don't consider the latter

Our midfield would not be helped having Moloney in it. We need some out and out class. Jones and Viney make Moloney useless. Toumpas must become the player we recruited and we need 2 more this draft. I'd say we also need a new coach buit am holding judgement for a little longer. I'm not sure any coach could work with our midfield. Why this hasn't been rectified with our 12 top 20 picks is simply staggering. Ineptitude of magnificent proportions.

Cook, Gysberts, Strauss, Maric, Scully, Trengove, Watts. Holy hell

I'm not sure how you can say our midfield would not be better without Moloney. Other than last year when he was clearly disenchanted he was our number 1 midfielder and solid player.

Long term I hope Viney will be a lot better player but who knows.

Right now imagine it should be Viney / Matt Jones / Toumpas rotating through the midfield next to both Nate Jones & Moloney doing the heavy hitting. Would protect there young undeveloped bodies and help them build confidence instead of throwing them to the wolves so early, destroying there confidence and seeing them come footballers with an apathetic attitude after being continually flogged.

Edited by deeko

For those talking about magner on the rookie list I believe Evans and nicho were both guaranteed spots on our senior list and it was out of neeld's hands. I don't see how rivers leaving is neeld's fault. A superb club offers rivers a chance and he took it.

• Like 5

For those talking about magner on the rookie list I believe Evans and nicho were both guaranteed spots on our senior list and it was out of neeld's hands. I don't see how rivers leaving is neeld's fault. A superb club offers rivers a chance and he took it.

Magner on the rookie list = Gillies, Rodan, Byrne and Pederson on the main list. Go figure. Apologies for not doing this on the topic in question, but I couldn't resist.

Really? You think that's all it takes - a handful of trades, grab a couple of older guys through FA, bring in a few kids and BAM! instant finals contenders?

Don't think anyone realistically expected finals, but not many of us expected to be worse.

Magner on the rookie list = Gillies, Rodan, Byrne and Pederson on the main list. Go figure. Apologies for not doing this on the topic in question, but I couldn't resist.

Iv'a, i agree with the first 2 but I think Byrnes and Pederson have added a little bit to the team, But I do agree and think MN might be regretting leaving Magner on the RL

Just to cournter - how many one paced mids do we need in the team??

Jones

McKenzie

Grimes

Trenners

That's off the top of my head - we need run as well, you can find some logic in Neelds thinking (I can see myself getting shot down with this statemetn ;) )

Edited by Unleash Hell

Out......... Mark Neeld

In............Craig Bellamy

I think Craig just recently signed a new 3 year contract with the Storm.. but i do like the idea ;)

Afterall 3 year contracts... pfft

I'm gritting my teeth this year as I am getting so sick of "we matched them for two quarters and our intensity was good, but they ran away with it on the other quarters". I mean we have been hearing this now for 5 years, FFS...

I have had faith in Neeldy, but that has changed and surely there comes a time when as a club they have to bite the bullet. We have two All Australians and ample top draft picks on our list - I believe there is enough skill. As Ox said last night, the players are not playing for the coach. I honestly believe now that a new coach is what this club needs and craves for, to give the club some direction back up the ladder.

• Like 1

Iv'a, i agree with the first 2 but I think Byrnes and Pederson have added a little bit to the team, But I do agree and think MN might be regretting leaving Magner on the RL

Just to cournter - how many one paced mids do we need in the team??

Jones

McKenzie

Grimes

Trenners

That's off the top of my head - we need run as well, you can find some logic in Neelds thinking (I can see myself getting shot down with this statemetn ;) )

Point taken UH, but right now, we just need mids with some grunt. Remember his games last year, I think he gave us more value than what we have with most of the guys named this year.

Point taken UH, but right now, we just need mids with some grunt. Remember his games last year, I think he gave us more value than what we have with most of the guys named this year.

Agree Iv'a

We got absolutely smashed in the middle against the Lions (and everyone else this year) adding Magner hopefully can add something to the team - What disappointed me most from Sunday's game was the lack of defensive intentsity when it mattered especially from the midfield.

Players need to be able to play multiple positions now days but I really hope MN and the FD let Magner do what he does best - find and win the ball

Edited by Unleash Hell

McKenzie got 30 possessions in the VFL last week, Pedersen had 20+ possessions and 11 marks the week before - even Rodan looks like a star at Casey.

There's a HUGE jump in level up to the AFL, let's not kid ourselves Magner is some kind of messiah.

Edited by bing181
  • Like 1