Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Time to go Mark Neeld

Grand New Flag

Watts was subbed out due to form against Essendon. Neeld stated this in his press conference. The next week he was omitted. So that's not in dispute, but as for why he might have been an emergency, how is he supposed to improve or build the necessary confidence by sitting on the sidelines? Is it supposed to make him hungrier? You either play him or drop him to Casey to get the ball in his hands and allow him to build that confidence. You don't sit him in purgatory.

Exactly, and this was 3 days after Neeld says in his press conference that his primary aim is to nurture the players because they're down on confidence. Next he says club comes before individual in his Watts explanation. No Mark your primary aim is to nurture your rapidly evaporating senior coaching career. I don't think "whackjob" is out of line.

• Like 3

The way Neeld is going he is likely to be sacked before he get a chance to stand down.

If there is any issues about legality about the Dank allegations i think McLardy, Craig and Misson are in trouble first.

Even if they have been shown to have lied that they did not know that Bates was dealing with Dank then they are in trouble with the club and the AFL.

Agree RR.... These allegations implicate a lot of people but I was more referring to posters hoping Neeld will stand down due to the Dank allegations.

What I really find interesting from this situation is the MFC supporters wish their club to be made look like a joke - where there is no sign of weakness from Essenscum. And Essenscum have a lot more serious allegations and a lot bigger names implicated.

MFC = weak pushover

Thats what really worries me the most - not who is in charge of us - it is we are easily pushed over and will always be a weak club

There is nothing wrong with us supporters wanting better standards - but this club gets pushed around and rolls over to demands so easily - This club is like a defenceless squib waiting to be put out of it's misery - it's pathetic

Edited by Unleash Hell

Administration/Board sets the standards that the rest of the club must follow, this happens in business as well as sporting organisations.

Neeld has no chance of success with the current bunch of arse clowns setting the bar so low.

May not satisfy the torch and pitchfork wielding lynch mob but no one can succeed as coach under the current administration, Roos, Eade,Williams etc would not be the saviour some seem to imagine as the support of solid decision making off field is just not there.

Richmond has shown that a team will improve on field if they are given the foundations by those off field.

We do need a cleanout but not of the coaching staff.

• Like 1

Agree RR.... These allegations implicate a lot of people but I was more referring to posters hoping Neeld will stand down due to the Dank allegations.

What I really find interesting from this situation is the MFC supporters wish their club to be made look like a joke - where there is no sign of weakness from Essenscum. And Essenscum have a lot more serious allegations and a lot bigger names implicated.

MFC = weak pushover

Thats what really worries me the most - not who is in charge of us - it is we are easily pushed over and will always be a weak club

There is nothing wrong with us supporters wanting better standards - but this club gets pushed around and rolls over to demands so easily - This club is like a defenceless squib waiting to be put out of it's misery - it's pathetic

Again, you're conflating "the club" with "the current personnel at the club".

Unfortunately, for "the club" to survive and thrive into the future, which is what we all want, some of the current personnel will have to go. They simply aren't the ones who can secure our future.

That's not "weak pushover". That's doing what's needed, for our own sake.

Again, you're conflating "the club" with "the current personnel at the club".

Unfortunately, for "the club" to survive and thrive into the future, which is what we all want, some of the current personnel will have to go. They simply aren't the ones who can secure our future.

That's not "weak pushover". That's doing what's needed, for our own sake.

i have no idea what conflating means - but the club is represented by all personnel - the club is not individual it's a collection of individuals.

From the board to the coachs to the players and us supporters - IMO we are all weak push over's ....we all represent this club

Because the board will abandon their plans/strategies when they sack Neeld - weak

Neeld's mixed messages and strange selections - weak

Combined folding to media pressure - weak

Player can't win 1 v 1 contests or remain competitive for a whole game - weak

Supporters demanding change when results aren't what is expected from the majority - i won't go with weak but We supporters of the MFC are a fragile bunch

In saying that I do not think the first 3 rounds are an acceptable preformance and i thnk Neeld has to year end or mid season if the 100pt floggings keep up (clearly you can't keep going if that happens) to get these players playing as a group

Akum - you have your opinion and that is fine you want change - That's your opinion

I think changing the coach now is embarassing for the club and a sign of how weak this club really is (unless his position is unsustainable, which it is getting close to if we keep losing by 10 plus goals each week)

Edited by Unleash Hell
  • Like 1

Is it D day tomorrow?

If we lose I am going to bed for a week with no contact to the outside world

I think we'll win by 8 goals or a tad more tomorrow OD. But even then it's only against a very under manned GWS. But at least we'll be off the bottom.

If the worst happens, maybe you should go watch Casey. They play an attacking/creative brand of footy and they actually win sometimes. Just BYO your own seat or maybe you can park at some venues and watch from your car with a nice thermos of coffee and a few donuts! No buglar pre match either!

Time is fast approaching or weak bastards to harden up. If we lose to GWS let's see if supporters demand change..lets see.

Our supporters are part of the problem, the club knows we are weak bastards and that's the facts.

Jackson has come in, now we need a proven coach and get some experienced quality people steering the [censored] back the right way.

Neeld would be a great assistant or senior assistant but our position is too desperate to take the chance he won't come through.

Jackson hasn't got the greatest record for picking coaches.

Ask any bomber about Knightmare! Probably not worse than Neeldmare though....

I just hope we figure out how to pick the right replcement ffs.....

The result of tomorrow's game is not relevant - MN and NC have to go - clearly, their ultimate time is limited and the longer both stay around, the greater the damage to MFC. Harsh yes, but these are unusual times and as such, call for unusual actions. I do not make this call lightly and I am well aware of the arguments for and against - but MFC must act now!

I think we should only sack Neeld if we win tomorrow in keeping with the ''processes and instructions" theme .

Explain to him that results are not even the issue we are trying to address and that it is more to do with his choice of footwear and the way he does that stupid twitchy thing.

Also,in the event that we lose ,we should offer him a five year contract ,despite the fact that no one is there to draw it up as the CEO office only has "Goldy" the Koi and a paper weight in it .

This will show him our long term commitment as well as proving to him that we are as schizophrenic as a bag of snakes on acid.

Does anyone think this is a good idea and if so should I write these and other ideas up as a manifesto for our future .

• Like 1

It's more a question of finding someone willing to take us on for the long haul ,getting them signed to a five year contract ,then sacking them immediately to avoid complacency .

It's a strange tactic I'll admit but at least people will begin to take us seriously.

Does anyone ever think it's ironic that the club was started by Tom Wills ,a relative of Wills from Burke and Wills ,who died of starvation under a fruit tree surrounded by kangaroos ?

We've been losing our way for over 150 years.

Rightly or wrongly, he'll be gone if we lose tomorrow.

The media must love out club - we always seem to follow their speculation

They should be paying us for the material the MFC provide -coaching issues, playing issues & admin issues - always in a bloody crisis

• Like 1

Anyway ladies and gents

I think the clock has struck 12 on this clock - the media will eat us alive, us supporters are going to eat us alive

God save us now

Anyway ladies and gents

I think the clock has struck 12 on this clock - the media will eat us alive, us supporters are going to eat us alive

God save us now

Looks like the clock was on day lights savings time. It has now been moved back an hour... Still at 11 o'clock.

• Like 1

Looks like the clock was on day lights savings time. It has now been moved back an hour... Still at 11 o'clock.

Very happy to get that prediction wrong

We are definetly not out of the woods though... no doubt about that

Best last qtr ever by the MFC in it's 152 years - Neeld clearly is the problem

Edited by Unleash Hell