Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

RR's Weekly Poll (c) - Round 2: Should McLardy, Schwab and Co resign or be removed?

Range Rover

MClardy, Schwab and Co ... Accountable or Not?  

157 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

However, pathetic onfield efforts will surely destroy "the business side" and, the club itself.

I agree that the on field performances effect our off field, hence why I think Schwab is not the one to blame.

Was sitting a couple rows from Don McLardy yesterday and witnessed him tell a disgruntled Melbourne supporter to f*** off. Is that the sign of a great leader? I think not

If you're going to make stuff up at least try and make it believable, or provide some fake proof.

Even those that don't rate McLardy would not believe he would tell a supporter to eff off. Troll effort.

If you're going to make stuff up at least try and make it believable, or provide some fake proof.

Even those that don't rate McLardy would not believe he would tell a supporter to eff off. Troll effort.

This is not a troll effort. Pure fact. Anyone sitting around McLardy on level two that is on here, can vouch this as fact.

This is not a troll effort. Pure fact. Anyone sitting around McLardy on level two that is on here, can vouch this as fact.

Tell you what he better not have said that. If he did say it i would be asking him to pack up the office tomorrow.

Keep watching todays game. We were on that grass 24 hours ago.

Its a disgrace what has been allowed to happen.

The problem does not exist at an administration level.

We have:

No debt

State of the art training facilities

Over 30,000 members

A push into Darwin.

Everything is set for a club to thrive.

It is the players and coaches that need a rocket.

We need passion, heart, effort, intensity and grunt during games.

We need to see creativity and flair from players who have it - Howe, Blease, Davey, Clark etc...

And we need to see our coach coaching, not just training.

• Like 2

'stuie', I believe if we change the CEO we will see a big turnaround on field. I know you don't see it but I have believed this for a while now, we have a culture problem and this comes from the top.

3 coaches same result.

Say what you want and all you Schwab supporters but this club is going nowhere until he is gone.

• Like 1

Tell you what he better not have said that. If he did say it i would be asking him to pack up the office tomorrow.

Keep watching todays game. We were on that grass 24 hours ago.

Its a disgrace what has been allowed to happen.

Agree fully. Heard the guy and didn't take much notice. Then McLardy yelled that out and told him to go back to his seat. Plenty of people witnessed it. I just hope someone can back me up.

We have:

No debt

Over 30,000 members

A push into Darwin.

We need to see creativity and flair from players who have it - Howe, Blease, Davey, Clark etc...

The players will not show passion, heart, effort, intensity and grunt until we have a President who does likewise.

We don't have that. Instead it appears we've got a bloke in charge who sprays supporters for having the temerity to complain.

Unbelievable.

We have:

No debt

Over 30,000 members

A push into Darwin.

The problem is we have only about 8 AFL standard players Maldonboy.

Who is responsible for that?

IMO the last two FD's

At the end of the Day this board has presided over the previous playing disaster and this one.

The buck stops at the top eventually

At the end of this year they should all resign and give some else a go

That if there is anything left for anyone to take over.

• Like 1

'stuie', I believe if we change the CEO we will see a big turnaround on field. I know you don't see it but I have believed this for a while now, we have a culture problem and this comes from the top.

3 coaches same result.

Say what you want and all you Schwab supporters but this club is going nowhere until he is gone.

Seriously could some one else make us worse?

Agree fully. Heard the guy and didn't take much notice. Then McLardy yelled that out and told him to go back to his seat. Plenty of people witnessed it. I just hope someone can back me up.

well those are the words of a man who has come to the end of his use by date.

Sooner the Better.

• Like 1

Stupid poll!

If every player gave 100% yesterday and we won,would you be calling for the CEO & Prez heads?

The players go into half time 29 points down,sit on their overpaid arses and couldn't be bothered with the second half,kicking 1 goal,now the CEO & Prez must go!!!!!

Jack Watts is the laziest footballer I have ever seen play VFL/AFL-just could not be bothered,love to see him play 4 weeks at Casey to find some Heart & Desire.

• Like 1

The 8 votes in the Winston Churchill category lean towards the sacking of the CEO and President, which puts a coalition of sorts into the 'victory' column of those wanting wholesale change.

Whatever way you slice it, the folks aren't happy.

I see the club’s current situation being the culmination of three separate issues.

1. Our recruiting has been terrible over the last decade and so we have very little talent versus the rest of the competition.
  2. The Neeld game plan has been rendered obsolete. We are very predictable by being unwilling to use the corridor or play on quickly. As a result of playing this style and losing all the time, the team has also lost all confidence to take the game on. The team selection has also been biased in favor of ‘grunt’ and height rather than speed and skill. The use of Colin Garland as a small defender is a prime example of this.
  3. Key leaders at the club have been divisive, particularly Schwab and Neeld. IMO Schwab’s role is untenable for two reasons. Firstly, the club needs clear air from the tanking saga and all those who were there in 2009 need to fall on their swords (whether they were responsible or not). Secondly, the media coverage we are getting due to him being in charge hurts the club. (Whether you agree with the media columnist or not, it is important for the CEO to have them on side to grow the supporter base and attract good publicity.) Neeld entered the club like John Wayne and tried to stamp his authority on the players. This has clearly backfired and many have wanted out and the ones who remain do not look like they are enjoying there footy or have any confidence. He has also replaced good club servants with NQR VFL types, which has probably left a bad taste in some players mouths and created a culture of disloyalty. This is not a good thing for a poor, bottom of the ladder club in an era of free agency.
Edited by Fat Tony
  • Like 2

However, pathetic onfield efforts will surely destroy "the business side" and, the club itself.

I think that's right and won't be lost on Mc Lardy.

The football dept set the club back yesterday. No one else did. Schwab and Co's ability to 'sell the club' was made far more difficult on the back of that lame effort.

Any chairman worth his salt will now be aware of a potentially serious problem, will need to address the problem with the football dept ASAP, if it hasn't been already , be satisfied with the action plan to right the ship pronto and have the appropriate measurement methods in place to oversee this and make sure it happens.

The comment about Neeld now coaching on the edge seems pretty right and he has to find. That's his and the players job.

The 8 votes in the Winston Churchill category lean towards the sacking of the CEO and President, which puts a coalition of sorts into the 'victory' column of those wanting wholesale change.

Whatever way you slice it, the folks aren't happy.

Not it doesn't RR. The Churchill category means that the current board SHOULDN'T be fired as it wouldn't matter who was running the club etc.

Stop trying to push the poll in a way to suit your agenda.

The actual coalition means YOU LOSE 42-25.

Don't start a poll and then try and falsely interpret it to suit your opinion.

You lose. Again.

Churchill did win the war but needed a lot of help from the USA, Russia, Canada, Australia and numerous others. As a consequence he did lose the British Empire for England in the process. He did get kicked out of office after the war. And also he was solely responsible for the disastorous Galipolli Campaign. I would be wary of politicians well known for making grandiose speeches.

No they should not. If you look closely at the teams that win premierships of late they are the ones who have had stability at the top. We need to rally around the club and the team and support them.

There have been just as insipid performances from Geelong and Collingwood in the not too distant past, They are where they are now because they have had stability.

I also repeat what I have said in the past, and call on others, to not vote against the current board until, and unless, those on this board who regularly are overly critical of the incumbents, satte their names and any affiliations they have with anyone challenging for the board.

Churchill did win the war but needed a lot of help from the USA, Russia, Canada, Australia and numerous others. As a consequence he did lose the British Empire for England in the process. He did get kicked out of office after the war. And also he was solely responsible for the disastorous Galipolli Campaign. I would be wary of politicians well known for making grandiose speeches.

He did make some mistakes.

But thats always gunna happen when you drink a bottle of Brandy for lunch.

• Like 1