Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POST GAME - ROUND 1

Demonland

gutted

(again )

I know its
ealry, and most likely kneejerk , but for my own sanity I have to ask
why do I bother. There are far more entertaining and rewarding ways of
spending ones time and money.

I will be going along
next Sat but only because I had already organised it with son. (
stepson ) who is a Bomber fan. I'll suck it up.

after that...well.. Im off to Nepal. Some pain involved but a reward for the effort.......unlike ........

If the club is losing the heart of the passionate supporters on this forum then I'm worried how many normal supporters are going to leave in droves. So many of our players could not give a [censored] or were not up to it. Not playing for the coach or team. No work rate. No spirit.

Why you talking in past tense, most normal supporters have left. The kids especially have left to follow other successful clubs.

It is numbing to think we seriously are a fair chance to either not be around, relocate or merge at some point if this does not change. I know it is round one, some players missing ....blah blah blah but I think we are on the knife edge from a members, sponsorship $$$$ perspective that may be to far to come back from. I do hope not.

• Like 2

I have four kids. I was working this arvo, but when I got home the kids were doing other stuff but had the computer on and getting score updates, laughing at the Melbourne result. Laughing!! They are all members - paid up and proud - but I have no chance of getting them to any games this year. They are not turning into supporters, they just "go for Melbourne but have no interest".

The MFC is robbing me of a whole lot at the moment.

• Like 5

I took the boys, but they wanted to go home so bad at half time

I can't see us going again this year. There are so many more things that we could be doing that would be good family time. It's shattering

• Like 1

When is post match coference? Keen to hear what Neeld has to say.

Not really sure you can get much out of what is said, aaagggaaaiinnn we will have to see how they stand up next week as players, coaches etc. I have a fairnideabhownit will pan out though....

I can't believe that just happened

Have you ever seen a worse contrast between two sides in terms of the space/freedom one has over the other? Time and time and time again they had loose men everywhere, while we didn't seem to find one for the entire day.

Jack Watts had 2 kicks.

That's exactly what staggered me : the luxury of extra time and wide options that Port enjoyed the whole day and they clearly were doing as they pleased

You really have to say that Mark Neeld needs to demonstrate leadership to turn this around

• Like 1

We have been accepting mediocrity for as long as I can remember. We are still fostering it with Neeld starting to sprout the 'we have the 3rd least experienced group' line. Lack of competitiveness and insipid structures have little to do with the experience of the list. Out coached by a first game coach and most of the players were embarrassed by a first gamer showing more desire and passion than the lot...

• Like 2

Went home with 5 yr old daughter at 3/4 time. Asked me if she had to follow the Demons. I said yes but I wouldn't blame her for never wanting to go again. They're close to losing me.

• Like 1

Apart from Jack VineyI saw nothing there today, nothing.

We have no skill, no flair, no leg speed or for that matter any type of speed and no obvious game plan, unless it's to kick the ball to our forwards but only if they are outnumbered at least 3 to one.

Our back line it terrible and I'm closer to AA form than Frawley. Our mids are poor and the inclusion of Rodan has weakened it even further, are they kidding.

I can see why Pedo and Gillies couldn't get a game elsewhere and our supposed better players have gone backwards.

We looked like we were playing 60's football today, mark stop and prop that's of course when we actually took a mark and didn't fist it away when we were in front and unopposed.

Dreadful.

• Like 4

Really don't know what to think, devastated, gutted, numb etc. I tipped Port because I rate their mids but I expected effort like the Doggies put in yesterday. The footy department can run you as much as you want but you have to want it, look at Viney just goes at every contest.

I like others am thinking why, this feels really bad and despite not being the most important thing in my life losses like this affect the mood for the week. I am very interested to see how we bounce back from this, angry as hell ATM but trying to contain myself till next week. The boys better come out in round 2 similar to 2010 but wont hold my breath. Need to start playing boys who just give their all and never leave you wondering.

Red & Blue till I die but ATM this club is killing me

• Like 5

Real glad I bought a 'premium' membership.

They did not look like they cared...at all. Not even in the slightest.

Envious of those who got to watch it (and turn it off) from home.

Viney was fantastic, as was poor old Mitch Clark when he had the chance. Grimes wasn't much good despite the possession count, Watts was beyond awful, and Jimmy Toumpas looked like he has absolutely no motor whatsoever. So many times we saw him standing only 20 metres from the ball with his hands on his hips, or crouched over with his hands on his knees.

This was definitely one of the more embarassing performances I've had to sit through; and for the Melbourne FC official page on Facebook to have the audacity to say " (especially) thanks to those who stayed for the whole 4 quarters"... How about you give us a playing group that will TRY for 4 full quarters, then maybe more people will hang around.

Terrible

I have four kids. I was working this arvo, but when I got home the kids were doing other stuff but had the computer on and getting score updates, laughing at the Melbourne result. Laughing!! They are all members - paid up and proud - but I have no chance of getting them to any games this year. They are not turning into supporters, they just "go for Melbourne but have no interest".

The MFC is robbing me of a whole lot at the moment.

Same thing here with my 2 girls.

Absolutely disgusted with what I just saw.

Viney only positive.

Rest a useless bunch of spuds with apologies to the first gamers.

Fortunately my daughter made me take her home at 3/4 time (amazed she lasted that long), the demons supporters were streaming out of the ground and fair enough, the team showed they didn't care in the 3rd quarter so why should the supporters.

They are a bunch of heartless, dumb idiots.

Pathetic.

I should wait 24 hrs before posting but bugger it....he is not a coach. My gut feel has always been that he's a pretender and today showed that. He will lose the players shortly I feel.

Really don't know what to think, devastated, gutted, numb etc. I tipped Port because I rate their mids but I expected effort like the Doggies put in yesterday. The footy department can run you as much as you want but you have to want it, look at Viney just goes at every contest.

I like others am thinking why, this feels really bad and despite not being the most important thing in my life losses like this affect the mood for the week. I am very interested to see how we bounce back from this, angry as hell ATM but trying to contain myself till next week. The boys better come out in round 2 similar to 2010 but wont hold my breath. Need to start playing boys who just give their all and never leave you wondering.

Red & Blue till I die but ATM this club is killing me

I think we will be 0 - 11 at the midway period, we are that bad and I can't see us winning a game in the first half of the season.

The coach has to change the game plan or we won't win a game all year and he will be unemployed.

Also get rid of the "not so right player" and play the ones with some sort of future.

The club will be recieving an email from me when they start work tomorrow.. "

Hello. Can you please email me the required form to stop automatic payments
from my credit card for my membership?

This sorry excuse for a club is not getting any more of my hard earned
money."
It has already been sent.

Left just on three-quarter time. I'm beyond caring about the club to be honest, thankfully they play such a small part of my life I'm able to do so.

The kids had a great time - 6 year old girl and 3 and a half year old boy had a great time, got to dress up in their Dees clobber, play in the G playground, get their face painted.

Fortunately they don't really care a out the football either!

• Like 1