Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Jesse Hogan WOW!

dazzledavey36

I havent seen BH so positive since he declared that if MFC dont take Jack Watts at No. 1 he was outta here.

Had to be said.

Yep. I was very pro drafting Watts, as his skill set for a 196cm tall was amazing. Unlike some, I'm not wedded to a stance if new compelling evidence arrives. Unfortunately, at the time, I didn't know that he had the heart of a grape seed.

My footy knowledge and journey keeps evolving. If you're a potential key forward yet shun physical contact you're about as useful as a cold pie. At least we have a decent distributor in the back half if nothing else. Even now he doesn't spoil with any aggression, or physicality. Lucky for him some supporters salivate over a nice looking player.

Btw, thanks for posting though, Frankie. If you didn't retain your interest in my views I wouldn't know you existed.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Would be great if the Hogan played 4-5 games this year. The G would have an extra 10-20,000 roll up.

We need some some fire in this club after the last 6 months especially.

He is 18 before the season starts.

We should at least ask. Be proactive.

Besides alot of hopes, the chance of Hogan playing is 0%. It would create an enormous back lash from both Adelaide and GC who would've hung onto messrs Couch and O'Meara for the season under the same conditions, and also problems both for AFL and MFC as Hogan is not taking a list spot, to elevate him would be to move someone off it. This is not the NFL where you can release willy-nilly and irrespectively after a 500,000$ we don't not have the liquid to pay off a contract even if they were to agree.

I know someone who has small ties to AFL House and all reports are the AFL love the concept of the young player coming in and spending one year learning how to be a professional footballer without the internal and external (media and supporters) pressure on both the mind and obvious effects on the body.

I like Hogan, I too share the sentiment that contrary to so many drafted key forwards he has a stigma that he thinks he's better than the defender who is on him and that competitive arrogance is something I wish any of our players had. I'd love him to play but quite simply it is not even the smallest bit possible.

• Like 3

Would be great if the Hogan played 4-5 games this year. The G would have an extra 10-20,000 roll up.

We need some some fire in this club after the last 6 months especially.

He is 18 before the season starts.

We should at least ask. Be proactive.

Love your thinking, WYL! I have to admit at being just a tad frustrated at the fact we have a kid who is over the age of 18, and yet not allowed to play with the big kids for another year!

Love your thinking, WYL! I have to admit at being just a tad frustrated at the fact we have a kid who is over the age of 18, and yet not allowed to play with the big kids for another year!

it is yet another ludicrous piece of AFL Law.

Any kid 18 before Round 1 is an adult. That is a fact.

I don't want him to necessarily play a full season, but Christ give the 18 year old a taste of what is required.

Jack Watts was not ready. Hogan is.

Might not be ready upstairs...

We have these new age eligibility rules for a reason and it is not some stupid AFL decision that they pulled out of their arse - these are kids and the new rules protects them from responsibility they are not ready for.

He isn't old enough.

End of story.

• Like 5

How long can this be debated? We knew that he couldn't play when he was selected.

He is still on our list, and will be in the jumper in 2014.

Let him delevop and find the hunger to tear apart the AFL next year.

He will be chomping at the bit next pre season.. It will be awesome..

Then we have the excitement of him and another top 10 pick coming into the side.

Also, I like the fact that he is living with the Viney family..

• Like 3

We have these new age eligibility rules for a reason and it is not some stupid AFL decision that they pulled out of their arse - these are kids and the new rules protects them from responsibility they are not ready for.

He isn't old enough.

End of story.

kid is 18 before the season begins. The rule is an ill concieved joke once again.

Vlad will be remembered as an over paid fool as time passes.

it is yet another ludicrous piece of AFL Law.

Any kid 18 before Round 1 is an adult. That is a fact.

I don't want him to necessarily play a full season, but Christ give the 18 year old a taste of what is required.

Jack Watts was not ready. Hogan is.

If he were deemed ready he would've been eligible for the 2012 National Draft and we would not in all likelihood have been able to draft him. The rules around drafting are pretty concrete don't think there's a hope in hell of the AFL overturning their rules (and nor do I think there should be). Let's just be happy he's on our list at all and develop him this year with the aim of bursting out chomping at the bit R1, 2014.

Look on the bright side, now we can have consecutive Rising Star Winners either Viney/Toumpas in 2013 and Hogan next year. :lol:

He isn't old enough.

End of story.

How can someone turning 18 on the 31st dec be old enough and someone turning 18 in feb not be old enough, both having completed year 12?

the main reason the afl changed the date (by 4 months) was to allow young prospects to complete year 12 without the pressure/distraction of being on an afl list

this was not hogan's position

master bate was given dispensation by the afl before the draft because of special circumstances

anyway the horse has bolted now

the only time it was a possibility was before the national draft

• Like 1

He isn't old enough.

End of story.

If only we had a way of telling which AFL decisions they pulled out of their arse and which they actually consider.

You'd think the whole tanking investigation after 8 months would be considered, but I'd put that firmly in the 'pulled from arse' category.

• Like 1

If he were deemed ready he would've been eligible for the 2012 National Draft and we would not in all likelihood have been able to draft him. The rules around drafting are pretty concrete don't think there's a hope in hell of the AFL overturning their rules (and nor do I think there should be). Let's just be happy he's on our list at all and develop him this year with the aim of bursting out chomping at the bit R1, 2014.

Look on the bright side, now we can have consecutive Rising Star Winners either Viney/Toumpas in 2013 and Hogan next year. :lol:

Nothing within the AFL is concrete, we found that out over the last 7 months.

As dc says the kid is 18 & finished year 12, it makes f all sense considering Watts played QB 2009, which was wrong.

How can someone turning 18 on the 31st dec be old enough and someone turning 18 in feb not be old enough, both having completed year 12?

the main reason the afl changed the date (by 4 months) was to allow young prospects to complete year 12 without the pressure/distraction of being on an afl list

this was not hogan's position

master bate was given dispensation by the afl before the draft because of special circumstances

anyway the horse has bolted now

the only time it was a possibility was before the national draft

You want to argue why teenagers can't drive but suddenly can on their 18th bday?

We live in a world full of arbritary rules - this is another one.

If it were up to me, players would have to be 21 before being drafted.

• Like 7

If it were up to me, players would have to be 21 before being drafted.

now that is a whole different argument

first you would have to find a new elite competition for 18-20yo's to keep them in the game and primed

we haven't and never will have the us college system

will never happen and anyway as you said its (even more) arbitrary

Yep. I was very pro drafting Watts, as his skill set for a 196cm tall was amazing. Unlike some, I'm not wedded to a stance if new compelling evidence arrives. Unfortunately, at the time, I didn't know that he had the heart of a grape seed.

My footy knowledge and journey keeps evolving. If you're a potential key forward yet shun physical contact you're about as useful as a cold pie. At least we have a decent distributor in the back half if nothing else. Even now he doesn't spoil with any aggression, or physicality. Lucky for him some supporters salivate over a nice looking player.

Btw, thanks for posting though, Frankie. If you didn't retain your interest in my views I wouldn't know you existed.

Cheers.

Ben, if new compelling evidence arrives in the form of a more rounded physical contact player who spoils and contests packs in Watts, will your views waiver again?

• Like 1

kid is 18 before the season begins. The rule is an ill concieved joke once again.

Vlad will be remembered as an over paid fool as time passes.

WYL take your MFC glasses off. The rule is in place because the guys were ignoring their schooling in favour of their footy. Not everyone is going to be a star - what if a guy did that, did his knee 3 times and that was it for him?

I like the rule. Means that they still get through high school, many of them end up going to uni now part-time while at their clubs in order to establish a life after footy. We need to support these guys in all aspects of life, not just when they rock up to the 'G in red and blue.

• Like 5