AFL investigation

deegirl

We need to be charged with something first!

My thoughts exactly - I have no idea of the strategy the MFC will adopt but my strategy would be to ask the AFL that if they are provide to the MFC the findings of their investigation we require very pointed and clear direction as to the AFL's expectations and intentions.

If the AFL require a reply (which I am sure they do) I would ensure the AFL.

1/ Specify what evidence/finding they require an explanation of

2/ If the AFL require an explanation it must be because there is a thought that the evidence breaches a rule - what rule do the AFL believe has been breached ( the reason for this is anything that Connolly/Schwab have said cannot be charged under the rule that is limited to coaches and players)

If it was me - I would not accept the handing over of a whole report of findings with a covernote from the AFL saying - "any comments" ? - thats just another fishing exercise.

Edit

Or you could answer their questions with questions of our own.

For example - if we are asked to respond regarding playing players out of position.

"Dear AFL - I am not sure how to respond to this or why all of a sudden list managment and experimentation has become tanking ? Firstly, clubs that cannot make the finals have been experimenting with player positions since Jesus was moved from fullback to fullforward playing for the Crucified first XVIII - We experiment with players in different positions in hope of finding a better structure for the next season ( Lynden "bad mo" seems to finally have found a place running off half back after trying him there at the end of this year). We could list lots of clubs that have done exactly the same thing that you now seem to have problem with us doing ...cough Carlton...splutter Richmond...hic WCE - but we wont do that but it should be noted that the AFL has investigated the practice of expermentation and found that it is ummm experimentation . Secondly your CEO addressed this very action earlier and even sympathised with our club CEO. Thirdly, this experimentation happened again this year with our backline all playing forward yet there was no mention of us tanking. Why is it alright this year but not a few years back....ummm..what was the question again ?"

Edited by nutbean
  • Like 2

My thoughts exactly - I have no idea of the strategy the MFC will adopt but my strategy would be to ask the AFL that if they are provide to the MFC the findings of their investigation we require very pointed and clear direction as to the AFL's expectations and intentions.

If the AFL require a reply (which I am sure they do) I would ensure the AFL.

1/ Specify what evidence/finding they require an explanation of

2/ If the AFL require an explanation it must be because there is a thought that the evidence breaches a rule - what rule do the AFL believe has been breached ( the reason for this is anything that Connolly/Schwab have said cannot be charged under the rule that is limited to coaches and players)

If it was me - I would not accept the handing over of a whole report of findings with a covernote from the AFL saying - "any comments" ? - thats just another fishing exercise.

Agree. You'd expect the AFL documents to contain tentative conclusions to be accepted or challenged. Otherwise its just more random information gathering

• Like 1

Agree. You'd expect the AFL documents to contain tentative conclusions to be accepted or challenged. Otherwise its just more random information gathering

I think you said what i said or wanted to say.(but in 200 words less - I gotta learn to be a little more concise )

• Like 2

honestly wish it would just be over , pure and simple

we did what many others have done and will continue to do while the draft is how is it

all teams missing out on the 8 should go into a raffle for the first 10 picks simple as that

i would have said bottom 4 but then it opens it up to the same thing all over again , so it has to be the teams not playing finals

Guest José Mourinho

I'd prefer it to drag out for a decade, rather than face any penalties.

Fortunately I'm confident this is all for show.

I'd prefer it to drag out for a decade, rather than face any penalties.

Fortunately I'm confident this is all for show.

The genie is out of the bottle so Dumbetriou et al will have to do something. I'm hoping for a slap with a wet lettuce leaf- for being slipshod or incautious and then the AFL will re write and tighten up the rule for this thing called tankiing.

• Like 1

Intermissions will be over soon enough. Then the final act, curtain call , Afl takes its bows and puts its bows away. Elements of the media squirm and wriggle in discontent, not at just the end result, I.e the whitewash complete , but some will have been quietly spoken to and suggested that should they wish to continue to enjoy the access currently afforded them that they WILL tuck their heads in.

Mumble Grumble , the hacks are rumbled !!

The genie is out of the bottle so Dumbetriou et al will have to do something. I'm hoping for a slap with a wet lettuce leaf- for being slipshod or incautious and then the AFL will re write and tighten up the rule for this thing called tankiing.

Would you mind staying on message .We are talking about the AFL investigation .

Lettuce leaves ,bottles ,tightening up etc are not considered relevant .

BTW- I like the way you spell tankiing-it's very Melbourne Football Club.Like Skiing.

• Like 2

Yes but then we are still being Used as the AFL's patsy, for the AFL's & all the others ills...

should we except the blame for eternity in everyone's record books?

Are we the patsy ? I'm wondering at times. Possibly an accomplice in a little game of subterfuge.

Nothing about this is really as it seems I'm suspecting. Not to say its all happy families, but if as I have a suspicion this goes to script then we walk away as does Vlad with all intact and tanking put not just to bed but buried !!

Are we the patsy ? I'm wondering at times. Possibly an accomplice in a little game of subterfuge. Nothing about this is really as it seems I'm suspecting. Not to say its all happy families, but if as I have a suspicion this goes to script then we walk away as does Vlad with all intact and tanking put not just to bed but buried !!

I hope thats what it is Bb59.

a pantomime, for who, us, all of the footy public? true to form.

or is it 3 or 4 birds with the one yonny?

we'll know about it soon.

I couldn't think of anything worse- it's all starting to feel like groundhog day

Perhaps not ....

Tank probe: Dozen witness statements could cook careers in Melbourne investigation

"FIGURES connected to the Melbourne tanking investigation have been told up to a dozen people have "rolled over" about how the club has managed past lists. The statements potentially incriminate Demons administrators amid growing fears the club and individuals could face serious league sanctions."

Would you mind staying on message .We are talking about the AFL investigation .

Lettuce leaves ,bottles ,tightening up etc are not considered relevant .

BTW- I like the way you spell tankiing-it's very Melbourne Football Club.Like Skiing.

Mea culpa Stuie!

You guys are as hilarious as you are clever... ie: not very

Perhaps not ....

Tank probe: Dozen witness statements could cook careers in Melbourne investigation

"FIGURES connected to the Melbourne tanking investigation have been told up to a dozen people have "rolled over" about how the club has managed past lists. The statements potentially incriminate Demons administrators amid growing fears the club and individuals could face serious league sanctions."

rolled over...well well.

Big statement there.

The fight begins.

• Like 2

I'm starting to care less about the outcome and more about how we fight.

I'm expecting some form of punishment one way or another, but this feels like a defining moment for us and if we don't put everything into fighting it then we truly have no soul as a club.

• Like 2

Perhaps not ....

You've proved my point... Again it's feeling like groundhog day.

Same argument different wording.

We know what they are focusing on, who they have interviewed, how they have interviewed, the conspiracy theories involved and where it's currently at.

I seriously doubt anyone has 'rolled over'. My gutt feeling is that there is no hardcore evidence and most of it is heresay fuelled from anyone who is disgruntled such as Brock.

Just getting boring that every time I log onto DL there is some bs same but new article, someone trying to oust someone else as having a vested interest with a previous or current board, and the loyalty of supporters and posters... I went into hibernation since 2008 to the start of this season- maybe time to do it again.

Wake me up when all this bulls$&t is over.

• Like 2

I'm starting to care less about the outcome and more about how we fight.

I'm expecting some form of punishment one way or another, but this feels like a defining moment for us and if we don't put everything into fighting it then we truly have no soul as a club.

The club has expected this fight from day one Stuie.

Mclardy's first statement said as much.

After 5 months the AFL are not going to back down.

I am most interested in the interview tapes that were stopped & started. That is open to a big fight.

Edited answers are not acceptable imo.