Honesty & Professionalism

Flemo56

I've just finished reading Neeldys Darwin bullish article, wow. I'm so impressed by the man and his staff, he has taken our club by the scruff off the neck and demanded a change to become a professional outfit, and IT'S happening, no bshit, just do it or out you go.

These two statements from the article say it all for me.

"The formula is no secret. A core group of existing players were identified during 2012 that could take the club forward. Added to that core was a set of players with experience and willing to lead, A-grade juniors with a work ethic to match their talent and a set of mature-agers with the capacity to train and play hard."

"The coach does not finish the sentence, distracted for a second, but it's obvious the group is trying to create a culture that sets no limits, makes no excuses and tolerates no complaining."

I for one just want improvement from the horrors of previous years, and i reckon we might finally b on the right bus with Mr Neeld and his staff, no great expectations yet, as he said, "Our plans go longer than one year because they need to,"

We as supporters are really being kept in mind by this crew with a real fresh honesty about the place and I'm just loving it, even the reports from our own Dlanders must not go unmentioned, thanks ppl.

I was an 8 yr old in 64 and was at the G that day, I really can't remember how the club was run then but we had success,( we sacked THE FOX so it couldn't have been great), now we have a professionalism with honesty and accountability, hopefully the success returns with the new breed.

I'm ready to come outta the dirty rotten trench and fight hand to hand with the bastards Mr Neeld.

Have a good break all.

Go the MIGHTY DEE's, stick it up em.

• Like 9

PLease stick it up the media morons such as Barrat, Denham, Healey, Derwayne Russell as well as knuckleheads like Kennett.

Revenge is a dish best served cold

Go Neeldy. 'A core group of players that could take the club fwd' Implicit was 'a bunch of players that couldn't take the club fwd or were holding the club back'

God its refreshing to hear that.

Edited by jnrmac
  • Like 2

As long as the Football Department is fully funded and operational the club will turn this around.

Unlike others on this forum i believe there are 1,000's of dormant supporters out there.

I remember the vibe in '87...

But we need wins. Close losses will not cut it.

Wins...

• Like 1

Hear Hear to the OP. I also agree with WYL as to our sleeping supporter numbers. AA lot of people have just become numb over the years. So much rhetoric, so little results..ho hum.. and the next year, and the next. Many havent so much given up on us just cant be bothered . I empathise.

Everything about this New Melbourne seems radically different from the haphazard approach of the bumbling versions before.

We have a well thought out and resources business structure and the FD now resembles a professionally run sporting outfit.

The 'workers' for want of a better category are now players who actually seem capable of doing the job, not some bunch of skinny nose bleeding apprentices on a permanent bus around the roundabouts.

Before you can play like a fair dinkum AFL club ( let alone a power club ) you have to be a fair dinkum outfit, from top to toe.

This is where we're at, now its time to play.

Go Dees !!

Even the 'perpetual disbelievers' must see that we are now on a new route, a route that our club hasn't travelled for many years. We are no longer wandering around aimlessly in the 'bulldust'. We know where we are going, and have a damn good idea how to get there. It will be a while before we reach the highway, but we are back on bitumen (2013 will prove that!). We now have hope, and the further along this road we travel, the more lights we will see. The free-way is ahead of us, and if we maintain our focus, and avoid the temptation to take short cuts, it will lead us to the G in September one year soon. When that September comes, we will have Mark Neeld and the team of professionals that support him to thank for setting us on the right track in 2012, and guiding us along the way.

Edited by Deeoldfart
  • Like 2

As long as the Football Department is fully funded and operational the club will turn this around.

Unlike others on this forum i believe there are 1,000's of dormant supporters out there.

I remember the vibe in '87...

But we need wins. Close losses will not cut it.

Wins...

What vibe; there's no such thing as a vibe.

• Like 1

What vibe; there's no such thing as a vibe.

You didn't feel the energy and anticipation build up as we got closer to making that final series.

That was energy, vibe, call it what you like. If you didn't feel it i feel sorry for you.

It was the last time i went to the football thinking

"We are going to win"

• Like 1

You didn't feel the energy and anticipation build up as we got closer to making that final series.

That was energy, vibe, call it what you like. If you didn't feel it i feel sorry for you.

"We are going to win"

I was jokingly referring to the post by G&D on the tanking thread where the AFL felt it (Tanking) was all part of the vibe surrounding the club. If you have to explain it then it wasn't funny in the first place.

I was jokingly referring to the post by G&D on the tanking thread where the AFL felt it (Tanking) was all part of the vibe surrounding the club. If you have to explain it then it wasn't funny in the first place.

cracking a joke on a different thread using my quote is a bit cryptic...sorry i missed the humour Robbie :)

cracking a joke on a different thread using my quote is a bit cryptic...sorry i missed the humour Robbie :)

I got it. Subtle!!

• Like 1

You mustn't joke: it s apparently incontrovertible evidence of not just tanking, whatever that may be, but of deliberately throwing or losing games (even, apparently, ones that you are leading come final siren time)!

But biding serious, just for a moment, this is a great positive thread leading into Christmas (or for the numerous pessimists here the last day of this earth)!

Edited by monoccular

You mustn't joke: it s apparently incontrovertible evidence of not just tanking, whatever that may be, but of deliberately throwing or losing games (even, apparently, ones that you are leading come final siren time)!

But biding serious, just for a moment, this is a great positive thread leading into Christmas (or for the numerous pessimists here the last day of this earth)!

i apologise and promise to never attempt humour again, I was very naughty.
Edited by RobbieF

"We are going to win"

god I'd love to feel like that again!It felt like we had one hand on the damn thing.

• Like 1