Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

WELCOME TO THE MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB - CHRIS DAWES

Not by trading pick 20 and paying Chris bloody Dawes $500k a year he isn't.

Of that, I'm absolutely convinced.

What a waste of the "war chest".

Can all you Dawes haters not see that him and Cloke was probably the most potent Forward duo in 2010 and I'm sure you all would have only dreamed to have him back then.

Then the spuds moved him into a backup ruck role that he could not play and thereafter fell out of form. If we plonk Dawes in the square and have Clark crashing packs, and perhaps Pederson we will have 3 100kg monsters that are impossible to match up on. Because not only are they monsters, they are also have great agility. How easy is Howe gonna find it to take hangers when the 3 best defenders are all preoccupied with monsters! And then we have a 17 year old 195cm 95kg on the way.

Once the midfield is fixed and is able to give these guys enough opportunites, look out!

Sometimes I wonder if all the Dawes bashes on here are infultrator Bulldogs supporters that are cut because a week ago they thought he was theirs!

I for one cant wait for 2013 and beyond, bring it!

• Like 2

Welcome Dawesy! spoke to a mate of fine who plays for collingwood recently and i asked him about Dawes. He said that he was a top bloke that was very well liked in the group. Has a good head on his shoulder and fantastic leadership qaulitys that will be a massive tick for the dees. said that it will be sad to see him go as he is actually very highly rated amongst the playing group.. A few of the players are actually a bit shitty at bucks for the decision to trade him off as they think he is still very valuble to the team. A good get!

Ps i wanna make love to Mark Neeld.

Given Dawes is studying Law I wonder how much of an influence our legal connections (supporters/members//influeners of the club who are high up in the legal world) had on his decision to choose us.

Perhaps some assistance for him in that avenue helped him also make that decision?

Sometimes it pays to be labeled a "rich/snobby/range rover driving/snow loving" Football Club and supporter base!

Given Dawes is studying Law I wonder how much of an influence our legal connections (supporters/members//influeners of the club who are high up in the legal world) had on his decision to choose us.

Perhaps some assistance for him in that avenue helped him also make that decision?

Sometimes it pays to be labeled a "rich/snobby/range rover driving/snow loving" Football Club and supporter base!

He is a Brighton Grammer Boy after all!

We had a war chest during the Bailey years and fired all of our ammo at our own reserve trenches and the hospital tent.

10points RB. That one made me laugh out loud. Wish it wasn't so close to the bone though.

Cloke was going to get 5mil over 5years to leave the Pies

Dees are paying Dawes 2mil over 4years to leave the Pies.

WE HAVE EFFECTIVELY GOTTEN DAWES FOR HALF THE PRICE OF CLOKE! \o/

That's because he's half the player Cloke is.

Given our needs, I think Dawes is an absolute bargain at pick 20.

For those not sharing this view, the bottom line has to be this - no longer can any opposition coach seek to triple team Clark to neutralise our entire forward line. It now has dimensionality - Clark, Dawes and Byrnes in addition to several other options (eg, Sylvia, Howe, Davey etc) rotating through now make our forward line difficult to match up on. Last season it was a rabble. On any construction, this is an unbelievable transformation, the likes of which I've never seen before for this club during a draft period.

I don't expect there's anyone happier in Australia than our number 11 at the moment - he could win AA selection next year on the back of this draft period.

Fingers crossed that we now land Wines with pick 4, Pederson and one of Ray or Broughton.

If we do, the football department has just delivered us a perfect 10.

We'll said Ron

I actually think that in amongst all of the Viney, Dawes and Pick 4 hype people will forget about Byrnes. I think he may have the biggest on field impact out of the lot of them

With the beard the opposition will get confused between him and Clark

That's not a bad ploy.

Give Dawes the #1, a sleeve, a perm and our opposition will have no idea who's running where.

Did he support the MFC as a kid?

Probably supported Geelong like his dad! However as an old BGS boy he should be comfortable in the Red and Blue.

I take solace from the fact that in 2011 before he fractured a bone in his hand and missed two months he averaged 16 disposals, 5 marks, nearly 2 goals and 83 ranking points per game from CHF. They were very good figures for a young power forward not yet in his prime.

In fact, he's played roughly the same amount of games as Hurley with virtually identical numbers. And we all know how Hurley is publicly perceived. With over a week to go of TW we're still well positioned to make another tactical move or two.

Hurley V Dawes:

http://www.finalsire...SelectedPlayers=

Edited by Ben-Hur
  • Like 2

The great advantage we have with Dawes is Neeld and Brown know exactly what we're getting. He's going to be coming to a club that is still installing a professional work ethic. If any of our remaining players aren't sure what is expected then having Dawes and Byrnes running around will soon show them. Both are excellent clubmen, something we gave lacked for awhile.

It's a big win for us

• Like 1

They were very good figures for a young power forward not yet in his prime.

In fact, he's played roghly the same amount of games as Hurley with virtually identical numbers. And we all know how Hurley is publicly perceived. With over a week to go of TW we're still well positioned to make another tactical move or two.

Hurley V Dawes:

http://www.finalsire...SelectedPlayers=

Good get BH. For some reason it is easy to forget Dawes is only 24 and as a genuine big fella (ie a big tank like Jamar say as opposed to someone as athletic as Natanui) probably being coming into his prime in the next year or so.

Big, big upside and curious that the pies are letting him go. Perhaps Buckley has a different game plan in mind or recognized that they needed a better back up ruckman as Cloke is no good in that role and nor is Dawes.

Instructive that one of the first comments the club made about Dawes after his signing was that he would play a permanent forward role and not be thrown into the ruck. I assume that was part of the sell to Dawes.

Am i wrong in thinking that Clark made AA as ruckman? With Clark we have a pretty bloody good second ruck option to give Jamar a chop out. Also i expect Fitzpatrick to develop in this role.

I also think getting Dawes will be a huge benefit to Watts. I expect they will continue playing off the half back flank but also reckon they'll throw him forward occasionally and when they do other teams will struggle to cover his height if both Clark and Dawes are on the field.Won't hurt the smaller players either knowing two gorillas are prowling around the forward 50.

I was keen on him last year. Rapt we got Clark though. Now we have both. I could not be happier.

Edited by binman

Welcome Dawesy! spoke to a mate of fine who plays for collingwood recently and i asked him about Dawes. He said that he was a top bloke that was very well liked in the group. Has a good head on his shoulder and fantastic leadership qaulitys that will be a massive tick for the dees. said that it will be sad to see him go as he is actually very highly rated amongst the playing group.. A few of the players are actually a bit shitty at bucks for the decision to trade him off as they think he is still very valuble to the team. A good get!

Ps i wanna make love to Mark Neeld.

oi leave mark neeld alone hes busy , lol