Werribee vs Geelong VFL

rolly

Good chance to see who we might get from Geelong for Gysberts, as well as FA option Byrnes.

So far impressed by Stringer and Hogan.

Byrnes has that element of class we could desperately use.

Speight looks alright but it's hard to tell with Geelong on fire.

Watching this game makes me depressed because I think the Geelong VFL would smash the Dees seniors by 10 goals.

Geelong's VFL team have much better basic skills than us. It's sad, but with a few injuries I reckon we would struggle against a lot of the better VFL teams.

I'd be happy to pick up Byrnes. He's got experience, class and he can kick.

not just their skills, it was their hunger for the contest that impressed me the most...

Except for the last 10minutes or so, when the tigers really turned it on and came close to an awesome come back, there were always 3,4 or 5 cats around the player with the ball. they put on a magnificent display of pressure and gang tackling which turned into sprea, run and carry...the geelong vfl team looked like i hope the dees will "one day"

Amazing how Geelong, coming off an AFL premiership last year, have been able to achieve the following in 2012:

• AFL team wins 15 games
  • AFL team has ten debutants
  • VFL team makes grand final

There seems to be a lot of people on this board who think that we can afford not to (1) give our younger players a taste of senior football, even if they might not quite be ready for it and (2) fully support our VFL alliance. Whereas, the fact that the better sides do exactly these things is a major part of why they are successful.

Note also, that Geelong's senior team has postponed its Mad Monday celebrations to support the VFL team, and hasn't rushed players into surgery or holidays.

Edited by poita

I would like to work Jordan Murdoch into a trade for Gysberts.

189cm line breaking midfielder. Thumping left foot kick. The ideal modern wingman.

Was pick 48 in last years draft so I'm not sure what the right deal would be, but he certainly has some of the traits we are after.

At this stage his decision making is very poor going on the senior games I watched. Pace and long kick but not much else going for him.

Did Mitch Brown play?

If so how did he look?

Looks a good sized unit, out bodied his opponent for a couple of marks.

Late in the game when the Tigers were surging got back in defence to help out.

Having said that he's not quite there yet. Got himself in disadvantageous positions a couple of times.

Has been on the Cats' list a few years now I believe.

Personally, I would be leaning towards one of their many mids ... Murdoch, Stringer, Gillies, Hogan, Schroeder, all these kids run hard, spread hard and tackle hard.

Good hypothetical discussion considering last we heard from the coach Gysberts wasn't leaving yet lol

Looks a good sized unit, out bodied his opponent for a couple of marks.

I saw him play for the seniors earlier in the season and thought he still looked talented but a bit skinny (in his 4th or 5th year at Geelong) - not unlike our undersized NQR KPF first round draft picks.

Any comparison?

I like the look of Murdoch too.

Brown is definately more filled in than cook or watts...didn't seem as quick or agile as watts certainly.

Definately able to use his bulk better than cook, if only because there is more bulk to use

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

• Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

TRAINING: Tuesday 28th May 2024

Veteran Demonland Trackwatcher Kev Martin returned to the training track to bring you the following observations from Gosch's Paddock this morning. Beautiful morning for training. The dew has dried, out from AAMI, quiet chatting. Maysie does his heart symbol. 7 in rehab, Turner, Hore, Sestan, BBB, Petty, Spargo and Schache. All in runners. Melky weighted and change of angles work. Salem has his individual program. White cap (no contact), Howes, Woewodin and Sparrow

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

GALLANT by KC from Casey

The world “gallant” is not one that is readily acceptable to losing teams in our game of football so when it was used in the context of the Casey Demons’ loss to Sandringham in yesterday’s match at Casey Fields, it left a bitter taste in the mouth.  The Demons went into the game against the St Kilda affiliated Zebras with the advantage of playing on their home turf (not that this has been a major asset in 2024) and with very little else going in their favour. The Saints have close to a full

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

MEANWHILE by Whispering Jack

… meanwhile, at about the same time that Narrm was putting its feet on the accelerator to obliterate the long-suffering Euro-Yroke combination, I heard someone mention in passing that Kuwarna was leading Waalitj Marawar by a whopping 46 to 1 halfway through the second quarter of their game over in Adelaide. “What is football coming to?” I asked myself.  In front of my eyes, the Demons were smashing it through the midfield, forcing turnovers and getting the footy to their forwards who w

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

PREGAME: Rd 12 vs Fremantle

The Demons head back on the road for the fourth time this season as the travel to Alice Springs to take on the Fremantle Dockers at Treager Park on Sunday afternoon. Who comes in and who goes out?

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 121

PODCAST: Rd 11 vs St. Kilda

The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Monday, 27th May @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we analyse the Demons victory at the MCG over the Saints in the Round 11. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human. Listen & Chat LIVE

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 28

VOTES: Rd 11 vs St. Kilda

Captain Max Gawn has a considerable lead over reigning champion Christian Petracca in the Demonland Player of the Year Award. Steven May, Alex Neal-Bullen & Jake Lever make up the Top 5. Your votes for the win against the Saints. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 54

POSTGAME: Rd 11 vs St. Kilda

After a very wasteful first half of footy the Demons ended up cruising to a clinical victory over the Saints by 38 points at the MCG and ultimately reclaimed a coveted spot in the Top 4.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 388

GAMEDAY: Rd 11 vs St. Kilda

It's Game Day and after 2 losses on the trot the Dees must win against the Saints today at the MCG to keep in touch with the Top 4. A loss today will see them drop out of the Top 8 for the first time since 2020.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 503

HEAVEN OR HELL by The Oracle

Clashes between Melbourne and St Kilda are often described as battles between the forces of heaven and hell. However, based on recent performances, it’s hard to get excited about the forthcoming match between these two sides. It would be fair to say that, at the moment, both of these teams are in the doldrums. The Demons have become the competition’s slow starters while the Saints are not only slow to begin, they’re not doing much of a job finishing off their games either. About the only th

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews
  • Tell a friend

Love Demonland? Tell a friend!