Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Keith "Bluey" Truscott - Best & Fairest

dees189227

- The club actually perceives its biggest problem as a lack of key forwards. We are very much in the hunt for one. In fact, we think a lot of our failure this year was in the way the forward line functioned, not the midfield.

Holy crap if the club thinks a lack of key forwards is our biggest problem I am realy worried about the people in charge of this club. We need quality skilled mids and then some more quality skilled mids and then maybe we can focus on another key forward.

Nearly 52 here and no memories of ultimate success. But very happy with the long overdue no-BS change. Might even turn into an accountable culture. And more..

I am not trying to show off or put you down LF but I was there in 60, and 64.

Seemed like it would go on forever we were the Hawthorn / Geelong of that era.

Here I am 48 years later waiting for the next episode.

Just because I have seen two does not alter the pain of the last 6 years.

Just means I have gone from a youth to an old [censored] in what seems like a short while.

However I have been occupied avoiding the Vietnam war, getting married, becoming a father and Grandfather.

So a few other good things have happened along the way.

I think without Demonland I would have quit at some stage over the last six years.

So hang in there LF

Surely we must get better later this decade.

• Like 4

yes we must...and dont call me Surely :unsure::)

I am not trying to show off or put you down LF but I was there in 60, and 64.

Seemed like it would go on forever we were the Hawthorn / Geelong of that era.

Here I am 48 years later waiting for the next episode.

Just because I have seen two does not alter the pain of the last 6 years.

Just means I have gone from a youth to an old [censored] in what seems like a short while.

However I have been occupied avoiding the Vietnam war, getting married, becoming a father and Grandfather.

So a few other good things have happened along the way.

I think without Demonland I would have quit at some stage over the last six years.

So hang in there LF

You sound like you're describing my life.

Thanks for that.

Can you tell me -

How definitive is 1?

What you mean re 2?

Who told you about 6?

Which players in 9? Allusions allowable. 

Hi mate number 1 is 99.9% - Rivers is going to Geelong. Player told me.

2. Cameron Schwab and I had a chat for about 15 minutes and I was very keen to find out about Viney. I asked about the HS article on GCS and Sheedy and he said Sheedy has known him since he was a little boy and both clubs are playing their cards well and MFC would do just the same as them as the AFL is a dog eat dog world. I then asked would we get him and he said the right things are in place to get Viney and they rate the kid right up the top of this draft. I said are we looking at Hogan in the U17 draft and he looked at me with a big smile.

6. Jack Watts told me about the training.

9. Jetta also told me a lot of fans don't know how big of a loss Jurrah is to our club and he is the most skillful guy he had ever seen play. He really looked up to him as a player. Jetta said he loves all the hard stuff in AFL football and that Viney is hard as nails and he is the best kid he has seen come to the MFC club in his time, Scully and Trengove included. He also thinks Jack Watts will be the next BJ Goddard.

Jetta also said the MFC will play finals in 2013 after another pre season with Misson, thinks we will win some big games next year.

Cheers rpfc

• Like 11

2. Cameron Schwab and I had a chat for about 15 minutes and I was very keen to find out about Viney. I asked about the HS article on GCS and Sheedy and he said Sheedy has known him since he was a little boy and both clubs are playing their cards well and MFC would do just the same as them as the AFL is a dog eat dog world. I then asked would we get him and he said the right things are in place to get Viney and they rate the kid right up the top of this draft. I said are we looking at Hogan in the U17 draft and he looked at me with a big smile.

9. Jetta also told me a lot of fans don't know how big of a loss Jurrah is to our club and he is the most skillful guy he had ever seen play. He really looked up to him as a player. Jetta said he loves all the hard stuff in AFL football and that Viney is hard as nails and he is the best kid he has seen come to the MFC club in his time, Scully and Trengove included. He also thinks Jack Watts will be the next BJ Goddard.

Jetta also said the MFC will play finals in 2013 after another pre season with Misson, thinks we will win some big games next year.

Cheers rpfc 

Again, thanks for that.

I agree that we would do the same to a club re:Viney. I would love to do it to Carlton or Essendon one day...

I really like Jetta. I get the impression he is a good kid and I love his footy. It's a fun brand.

jetta for a breakout year in 13 after a decent ps

Yes he said he is really looking forward to getting his first full pre season in so he can show what he can do.
  • Like 1

Cheers rpfc 

That all sounds sweet to me. 2014= Hogan,Mitch,All australian Jones and a bucket load of fitness work under Misson. Happy days indeed.

Hi mate ...

Thanks for the clarification. The earlier post seemed to be saying you thought that JV would be taken in the 17yo draft, which is of course impossible.

Re Jurrah, I don't think anyone has ever doubted his skills, but he always looked lazy on the field and was lacking size and strength, and this is where the doubts came from over him as a player. Also, the way he handled his departure from the club was shameful, which kind of ruins the happy memories.

That all sounds sweet to me. 2014= Hogan,Mitch,All australian Jones and a bucket load of fitness work under mission. Happy days indeed.

Ha dude how are you? Did you go last night? got some great info last night at the B&F seems the old players are all on the move. Buy in or buy out.

GO DEES

• Like 1

Yes he said he is really looking forward to getting his first full pre season in so he can show what he can do.

B)

Nearly 52 here and no memories of ultimate success. But very happy with the long overdue no-BS change. Might even turn into an accountable culture. And more..

Plenty of time for you young guys LF.

Hope you young fellows (ie 64 and younger) get to enjoy a number of flags. I was there in 56, 57 ,59 ,60 and 64. Unfortunately, I was also there in '58. 1960 was the one I enjoyed the most.

We must win another before dementia sets in - now where was I?

edit - typing as usual

Edited by angrydee

Ha dude how are you? Did you go last night? got some great info last night at the B&F seems the old players are all on the move. Buy in or buy out.

GO DEES

Nah mate couldn't go I was in Mildura but from the sounds of it I don't have to go as you are demonland's roving reporter. Great stuff and I'm bloody happy about hopefully getting Hogan and also Viney at any cost. I hope the players are buying in. They had their L plates on this year.

• Like 1

There's so much to reflect on from an evening such as "Bluey" Truscott Night.

I must say that speaking to some of my fellow Demon supporters in the foyer before we were ushered into the Palladium room, I got the distinct impression that I was the last optimist left in the place. Of course, the negativism was largely justified because we've had a horrible year both on and off the field but I've come to realise that in the wake of what happened both during the year and in the previous seasons, it was something that had to happen and we're now free to move on to the future where the great preponderance of our playing group will be a generation apart from the Daniher years and the early Bailey period.

In short, we're entering a new phase of our history and a few of the posts above including stories such as BIG JIM noting that Nev Jetta thinks we can make the finals in 2013 inspire me greatly.

Even more so, it was in listening to the speeches of those who won awards and talking to some of the other blokes, that I was surprised at the extent to which the players agree that what Neeld has introduced will ultimately bring success and how they're "buying in" to his message in a big way. I'm hoping that success comes a lot more quickly than many of us think.

There's also a view that our improvement will come quickly because the players will be substantially better prepared mentally and physically for 2013 and beyond than they were this year. I'm well aware from many years experience with athletics as to how modern scientific training methods can change individuals from one season to the next. I appreciate the view that the training staff were not inclined to build the team's fitness levels in one pre season (thereby avoiding a complete disaster as we saw at Essendon this year) and that things will get better 18 months after the first Neeld/Misson/Craig pre season. In that respect, I can see us coming out next year in round 1 with a team that can spread and run all day instead of that which finished its opening game against the Lions hopelessly overrun.

I can see our younger brigade led by the skippers, Jack Watts, Tom McDonald, Sam Blease, Luke Tapscott and a fit and strong Max Gawn moving forward in leaps and bounds. I have a vision of draftees and trade/FA adding talent and depth and because I doubt the current regime will recruit those who are lazy and not willing to work, I think the "buy in" will reap some surprising rewards.

All this brings me to our very worthy "Bluey" winner. Nathan Jones bought in before there was anything at the club to buy into and now he sets an example in terms of work ethic to which all of his team mates must aspire. Jack Viney's in too so expect something radically different from your team in 2013.

• Like 7

What i now know as fact after last night.

1. Jared Rivers is gone to Geelong.

2. Jack Viney will be a Demon most likely U17 pick. We will take him.

3. Lynden Dunn will have a new deal this coming week.

4. Neville Jetta will be a Demon in 2013.

5. Gysberts will not be a Demon in 2013.

6. The players thought under Bailey they were training hard but now under Misson they now know they were maybe at 30% of elite AFL clubs.

7. The players looked at Bailey as a mate and never got the best coaching, under Neeld they respect and fear their new coach and have 100% better 1 on 1 coaching.

8. We are going very hard for Wellingham from Collingwood.

9. Two of the players told me we have to many SOFT types and Jack Viney will go along way to helping in this area, and they had never seen a better 17 or 18 year old ever.

Thought i would share some of the things i now know with you guys.

The night was very fun and i feel very happy with were we are going as a club.

Cheers guys.

GREAT WORK BIG JIM!!!!

By any chance can you please elaborate on no. 5 - Gysberts wont be a demon 2013. Was there any mention of the trade in place as he is contracted to the end of next season?

There's so much to reflect on from an evening such as "Bluey" Truscott Night.

I must say that speaking to some of my fellow Demon supporters in the foyer before we were ushered into the Palladium room, I got the distinct impression that I was the last optimist left in the place. Of course, the negativism was largely justified because we've had a horrible year both on and off the field but I've come to realise that in the wake of what happened both during the year and in the previous seasons, it was something that had to happen and we're now free to move on to the future where the great preponderance of our playing group will be a generation apart from the Daniher years and the early Bailey period.

In short, we're entering a new phase of our history and a few of the posts above including stories such as BIG JIM noting that Nev Jetta thinks we can make the finals in 2013 inspire me greatly.

Even more so, it was in listening to the speeches of those who won awards and talking to some of the other blokes, that I was surprised at the extent to which the players agree that what Neeld has introduced will ultimately bring success and how they're "buying in" to his message in a big way. I'm hoping that success comes a lot more quickly than many of us think.

There's also a view that our improvement will come quickly because the players will be substantially better prepared mentally and physically for 2013 and beyond than they were this year. I'm well aware from many years experience with athletics as to how modern scientific training methods can change individuals from one season to the next. I appreciate the view that the training staff were not inclined to build the team's fitness levels in one pre season (thereby avoiding a complete disaster as we saw at Essendon this year) and that things will get better 18 months after the first Neeld/Misson/Craig pre season. In that respect, I can see us coming out next year in round 1 with a team that can spread and run all day instead of that which finished its opening game against the Lions hopelessly overrun.

I can see our younger brigade led by the skippers, Jack Watts, Tom McDonald, Sam Blease, Luke Tapscott and a fit and strong Max Gawn moving forward in leaps and bounds. I have a vision of draftees and trade/FA adding talent and depth and because I doubt the current regime will recruit those who are lazy and not willing to work, I think the "buy in" will reap some surprising rewards.

All this brings me to our very worthy "Bluey" winner. Nathan Jones bought in before there was anything at the club to buy into and now he sets an example in terms of work ethic to which all of his team mates must aspire. Jack Viney's in too so expect something radically different from your team in 2013.

I think that you place too much emphasis on Viney but otherwise I agree.

What has been significant for me has been Jones' gradual improvement over a few years. He was obviously tough from his very first games but his kicking was an obvious deficiency. He has obviously worked hard and his kicking has developed from a flaw into a strength. Now we have a consistent performer who is reaching his best footy in his mid - twenties. This is why I have patience with our younger players. He is the ideal example for them.

• Like 1

While I love all this speculation and insider information I find it hard (and worrying) that the club would let slip its strategy. I understand the club may not entirely know how they will place itself come the Daft, Mini Draft, Free Agency and Trade periods until other clubs play their hand, but to let slip or insinuate which way we are heading is some what concerning to me.

I hope the club is trying to promote hope and anticipation rather than letting ppl know what the clubs plans. If they are being (too) transparent, this in lies a cultural problem.

What Jetta said is different. Planning on playing finals is the minimum standard that should be aspired by the whole club