Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Keith "Bluey" Truscott - Best & Fairest

dees189227

So what I took from the night was this:

- Riv is Max Gawn. I would be surprised if he stays. He will go somewhere that may have a chance of winning a flag.

- Our captains are really outstanding people.

- McKenzie is the guy you would want in the trenches with you.

- We are going to be extremely active and aggressive at the trade table. Quite a few of the players I spoke to are unsure about their futures at the club and have been told they may be traded.

- The club actually perceives its biggest problem as a lack of key forwards. We are very much in the hunt for one. In fact, we think a lot of our failure this year was in the way the forward line functioned, not the midfield. Interesting ...

- Moloney leaves on good terms with the club, bad terms with the coach.

- Neeld is a very domineering force internally, and has a ver clear view on how things are going to be - although he is a good listener and players know where they stand (quite the opposite under Bailey).

Thanks for that Choko.

I hope that we focus on midfielders with our early draft picks rather than key forwards. It's the old saying, but it's true, games are won and lost in the midfield.

Our midfield was diabolical this year and we must unearth some stars. We've already stuffed up in the past by focusing too heavily on key position players with early picks.

Thanks for that Choko.

I hope that we focus on midfielders with our early draft picks rather than key forwards. It's the old saying, but it's true, games are won and lost in the midfield.

Our midfield was diabolical this year and we must unearth some stars. We've already stuffed up in the past by focusing too heavily on key position players with early picks.

I am with you. Our mids are bog ordinary.

Malthouse's first comments were that they need support for Judd. Its no secret that the Pies have an outstanding midfield. Its what we lack. Jesus Christ could play in our fwd line and still only kick 15 goals for the year.

What i now know as fact after last night.

1. Jared Rivers is gone to Geelong.

2. Jack Viney will be a Demon most likely U17 pick. We will take him.

3. Lynden Dunn will have a new deal this coming week.

4. Neville Jetta will be a Demon in 2013.

5. Gysberts will not be a Demon in 2013.

6. The players thought under Bailey they were training hard but now under Misson they now know they were maybe at 30% of elite AFL clubs.

7. The players looked at Bailey as a mate and never got the best coaching, under Neeld they respect and fear their new coach and have 100% better 1 on 1 coaching.

8. We are going very hard for Wellingham from Collingwood.

9. Two of the players told me we have to many SOFT types and Jack Viney will go along way to helping in this area, and they had never seen a better 17 or 18 year old ever.

Thought i would share some of the things i now know with you guys.

The night was very fun and i feel very happy with were we are going as a club.

Cheers guys.

• Like 7

Losing Green, Moloney, Rivers and possibly Davey in one hit, in a team already starved of experience...? No-one's too fussed?

We sure as hell better be going aggressive at the trade table with a value on maturity as well as skill, or else 2013 could be a spoon year.

• Like 1

6. The players thought under Bailey they were training hard but now under Misson they now know they were maybe at 30% of elite AFL clubs.

7. The players looked at Bailey as a mate and never got the best coaching, under Neeld they respect and fear their new coach and have 100% better 1 on 1 coaching.

9. Two of the players told me we have to many SOFT types and Jack Viney will go along way to helping in this area, and they had never seen a better 17 or 18 year old ever.

Cheers guys.

I appreciate posts like this, but could you say why/how you know these things are fact? Who told you? It's not like you need to hide the source

Cheers guys.

Thanks for that.

Can you tell me -

How definitive is 1?

What you mean re 2?

Who told you about 6?

Which players in 9? Allusions allowable.

I spoke to a mate during lunchtime. His 5 comments were:

- yes appears Rivers is definitely looking elsewhere and Gysberts likely to find another home in 2013

- Beamer is a big fan amongst the players but Neeld is not a fan and happy to move Beamer on

- Grimes is a leader and spoke very very well

- the blazers are "rubbish" (maybe the leadership group should be called "prefects" !!!!!!)

- Jonesy has a heart the size of Phar Lap

After listening to the speeches it sounds like the guys were making themselves incredibly accountable, no bullshizen just very up front about how disappointing the year was for all concerned.

While i'm happy with the jacks moving forward as captains i think we missed an opportunity by not naming jonesy as captain...that kid is still only 24 but commands the same respect as a lenny hayes. he just does what needs to be done no matter the cost.

Of all the players currently on our list he is one of the few that i could see having a medal named after him one day... other than renaming the coaches award after jordie (just a formality considering how often he wins it lol)

Couldnt help but notice a few pointed comments about "buying in" and "doing the necessary hard work"...everyone assumes they're references to gys and cook but would love to know more specifics and whether it was coaches only who had words with these individuals or if members or the whole player leadership group approached them also

overall gave me hope for next year and i will be signing up again...impressed that over 10k are already 2013 members

Weren't there?

c'mon arpee....you know they use Demonland exclusively for their trolling , I mean trawling....actually.....no, TROLLING !! ^_^

- Neeld is a very domineering force internally, and has a ver clear view on how things are going to be - although he is a good listener and players know where they stand (quite the opposite under Bailey).

Music, sweet music to my ears !!! :wub:

Cam S well I just found him boring. It was his delivery not the story of the history of the 1950's team.

I guess Cam mentioned the fact that Melbourne were wooden spooners in 1951 winning just one game. It was against Carlton though! Then in 1954 were runners up and then we know the rest with premiership after premiership. Oh, I do feel for you young forum members who have not tasted ultimate success.

Maybe not just the very young too. Let's hope we recruit really well with two outstanding mid fielders a must IMO.

B Mck Im 53 years young.. I dont know that flavour either. Been a while :blink:

B Mck Im 53 years young.. I dont know that flavour either. Been a while :blink:

Looks like you just missed out on remembering 1964 'belzebub'. I guess we don't remember things when we were just 4 years of age. The good news though is that you still have plenty of time to experience the thrill of winning the premiership.

Looks like you just missed out on remembering 1964 'belzebub'. I guess we don't remember things when we were just 4 years of age. The good news though is that you still have plenty of time to experience the thrill of winning the premiership.

I arrived in this country Dec 64. Barracked for Melb from first day of School, Feb the next year. TBH I didnt even know who we were..lol let alone we were premiers. But stuck fat ever since.

one day :unsure:

• Like 1

I arrived in this country Dec 64. Barracked for Melb from first day of School, Feb the next year. TBH I didnt even know who we were..lol let alone we were premiers. But stuck fat ever since.

one day :unsure:

Right.....

So you're the reason........!!!!

• Like 5

Right.....

So you're the reason........!!!!

was wondering how long it would take !!! lol

Congrats to Jones for a thoroughly well-deserved Bluey. I was shocked at the closeness of his win as I thought he'd nudge the easiest B & F win in club history, but the change of voting system explains it. It'll be difficult to register a complete flogging under this system.

Thanks to those who shared their insights and goss from last night. Big Jim, also interested in points 1 and 2.