Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POLL: Do you want Mark Neeld to remain coach in 2013?

Range Rover

Mark Neeld in 2013? Yes or No.  

467 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Not sure who started this poll?

But the message is loud and clear.... Mark Neeld stays....

P.S. RR is a lively member of demonland...... I like his polls...... And would welcome him back.....

I hope to see Mark Neeld as our Coach for the next 5, 6, 7 Years. This is just the foundations of the job being done, the heavy digging work. The new rebuild & renovation will soon start with the old rickety bits pulled down.

A bit of shoring up & some temp bracing as we build new engineering & strength into our structure will see the new 'home of the dee' take shape.

Cohunas to take over the mismanaged & fragile holiday camp & design a new hard edged enterprise.

• Like 1

I want this club to change and begin to catch up on the field. I want the coach that can achieve this.

So far most of what Neeld does makes good sense to me and aligns with what I see that needs to be done.

What I want most is for Neeld and others to be able to do the job unhindered and without bleeding hearts with no knowledge of what it takes to create a successful football team interfering.

• Like 1

As Range Rover has been banned I will explain this thread/poll in his absence:

He is an unabashed Neeld supporter who wished to prove to a loud minority that the vast population of Demonland was supporting Neeld and the FD.

Hence, this poll. And about 15 other polls. The guy likes polls...

Anyway, stop misinterpreting the motives and stop saying intimating this poll is new - it is months old.

The end.

Edited by rpfc

As Range Rover has been banned I will explain this thread/poll in his absence:

He is an unabashed Neeld supporter who wished to prove to a loud minority that the vast population of Demonland was supporting Neeld and the FD.

Hence, this poll. And about 15 other polls. The guy likes polls...

Anyway, stop misinterpreting the motives and stop saying intimating this poll is new - it is months old.

The end.

i think everybody knows it is an old poll rpfc.

It is still a relevant topic to discuss as 18 'landers have voted for a different coach.

Who?

• Like 1

Why has RR been banned?

Sure he was an arrogant bastard but we are all big enough to live through it?

Can we get him back?

remember , we can all turn off or go and follow Richmond as the case may be.

2 months in the cooler.

Why dude?

Guest José Mourinho

Just a shame that this poll wasn't made public.

Would make it a little easier compiling my "ignore users" list.

don't know the dirt. RR was disabled before the next PM came through.

I think it is highly unfair myself considering who did it.

The immoderate mod perchance?

Poll is not even worth giving air too

It should have been totally ignored by all and left in the Dustbin

Why ask that question when we have so much to look forward to at the moment

I for one am hoping that the Dees and Neild will have a successful 2013

Does anyone else truly wish for any different result then that ??

I dont think so .

Edited by Demon Stalwart

After any supporter witnesses a bad season like 2012 for Melbourne supporters, you want to see your club having a crack during the trade period. Melbourne, lead by Neeld, have done this. Neeld has attempted to fill the massive holes in the list and taken some risks. It felt like they were linked to just about every player during the trade period, which is exactly what I wanted to see. Even though he didn't have to, Neeld has earned his spot as coach in 2013 during the last 4 weeks.

Why dude?

Might have been something to do with him continually creating new accounts when he was banned?

Fulfil the three year contract. No stuffing around, no second guessing or making him look over his shoulder. That cycle is a repeat coach-killler, and drives the kind of political nightmares that nearly destroyed Richmond.

Aside from that, Mark Neeld is doing exactly what needs to be done. I'm sorry it feels unpleasant for a few people. Medicine. Take it. It's time this club started drinking it's own [censored], if that's what it takes.

• Like 1

Fulfil the three year contract. No stuffing around, no second guessing or making him look over his shoulder. That cycle is a repeat coach-killler, and drives the kind of political nightmares that nearly destroyed Richmond.

Aside from that, Mark Neeld is doing exactly what needs to be done. I'm sorry it feels unpleasant for a few people. Medicine. Take it. It's time this club started drinking it's own [censored], if that's what it takes.

I think that habit of imbibing one's own.... as it were, went out with Ghandi. Thankfully.

i think everybody knows it is an old poll rpfc.

It is still a relevant topic to discuss as 18 'landers have voted for a different coach.

Who?

Yep it's natural for this thread to come up again as many here are quite afraid of the heavy hammer approach taken to the playing list.

I know exactly why there doing this, & have been banging on about our list culture & our club culture i think fro over 2 years.

This is like a breath of fresh air to me. But even I didn't realise we would cut this deep.

But this is a sign of just how poor our 'inside club' culture has become, & this is the main reason why our young kids mostly don't develop, as well as a poorly funded footy dept, & having jobs for the boys hasn't helped, I'm sure.

This will help us to start to get back onto a winning pathway.

Poor Range Rover, pretty sure he created this thread to show his support for Neeld and prove the haters wrong... Oh well

Hate is a very strong word Pass!

2013 is here on us now. RR commented that even he would reconsider mid 2013 and he's a believer! I'm not a believer but feel Neeld has to be given to end of 2014.

I will take my medicine with you at the cricketers in richmond after the PA match. Do they have Guiness on tap?

Just a shame that this poll wasn't made public.

Would make it a little easier compiling my "ignore users" list.

Jose!

Ignore everyone that disagrees with you....Can't see the point in ignoring anyone unless you're being consistently trolled.

We can hypothesise here as much as we like, but the facts are there was something terribly wrong with the culture of our footy club. To be sustainable in modern footy, we had to revamp the entire footy club. Over time, this has been done via the conduit of various change agents like Jimmy, his board and more lately, a FD that is unrecognisable to that which Bailey had.

Mark Neeld made it clear from his first day in the chair that he would not endorse or countenance a 'near enough, is good enough' mentality that had prevailed at the MFC for far too long. There should be no surprises to anyone that Neeld now seeks to impose his own imprimatur on the playing group he either inherited or seeks to put together. He is prepared to live and die by his own sword. That is clear.

I also suspect that the signing of the likes of Dawes, Byrne and to some extent Rodan and Pederson, was to demonstrate that players will come to the Melbourne Football Club, if the mission statement is clear. That factor on its own ought to be applauded.

Sure, we may have tough times ahead still, but I am confident we will see a team of 22, which runs out in the red and blue, being more committed, week by week.

Suck it up Demonlanders. We have what we have and I believe the right moves will be made. Things change awfully quickly in footy these days and the decade plus days of dynasties are consigned to the pages of history books.

We are going to be OK.