Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Josh Caddy

Range Rover

Every Auction needs a couple of bidders to up the price.

We can say to GC and the other Vic clubs we'd take Caddy for Pick 13 (if GC play ball on JV). This would mean for Caddy to go elsewhere that the club would need to offer GC batter than Pick 13. GC get a good deal for a so so player.

Again you are not thinking about it. But I've said my bit. my last on the matter is.

Put simply is A/ .... if GC want a good deal for Caddy & want to get an "unbeatable" deal for Tippet (if he chooses to go to Queensland) & a 17 YO - you cant have you cake and eat it too.

They will not bid on Viney.

B/ However, if the want a "poorer" deal for Caddy, Brisbane to have an "unbeatable" deal for Tippet & NO 17 yo - go ahead bid for Viney.

Go ahead GOLD Coast - You take your pick A or B.

Adelaide & Melbourne will have mutually beneficial outcomes. IF Tippett chooses to go home to Queensland.

Wow! I think I see, & I think I like what I think I see. :huh::)

I'm with those who are of the view that we shouldn't allow players and their management to stand over us in regard to recruiting. If we want the player and believe he fits into our plans, by all means go for him.

By the same token BRFE makes the point that Caddy isn't all that good. He finished 17th in the B & F of a club that finished 17th in the competition. He didn't set the world on fire in the few games I watched him play and even if the reason was because he wasn't happy in that environment after wanting to go back home, I don't look upon that sort of attitude very favourably.

Let the other clubs fight for him. I think there would be no shortage of available midfielders of equal or better ability at pick 13 or alternatively other trades possible for that pick which seems to be the approximate cost of a trade for him if there are as many as five other suitors. Good luck to him and to them.

If we did this deal, inc Caddy (+ Toy), could we facilitate him, ontraded to a Saints or Blues for P12 or P11?

]Just reported we are out of the race for Caddy with Kangers, Geelong and Saints being the options

Thank christ for that

Ive never seen the guy play a decent game. he is laughably overrated and does not do anything well, including finding the footy.

http://www.heraldsun...t-1226486725421

Says we are into him.,.....

I'm hearing you but we haven't picked him up by day 2, which incidently only relates to free agency for the handwringers

But what would Harrington know, does he not read facebook or check daily with the recruiting gurus we have on demonland

• Like 1

I'm hearing you but we haven't picked him up by day 2, which incidently only relates to free agency for the handwringers

But what would Harrington know, does he not read facebook or check daily with the recruiting gurus we have on demonland

Exactly!

If GC bid for Viney then we should propose a juicy, yet fictitious trade for Caddy that will have the Suns salivating. Drag the negotiations out essendon style until the end of the trade period, then take him for free in the PSD (assuming GWS don't stand in the way of his wish to return to Victoria). Wishful thinking I known, but would be nice to finally get one up on another team... even if it is only a franchise club.

Gold Coast manager Marcus Ashcroft said that if they cannot reach a suitable trade agreement for Caddy, they will let him go through to the PSD.

Hardball.

If he goes into the PSD he will be a Demon unless GWS take him with pick 1. GC have pick 2 and we have pick 3. (Unless everyone blinks ala Luke Ball and lets him go thru the PSD to the club of his choice). Fair chance a trade will happen with Demons if we can come up with the goods.

Trade pick 4, 13, Bail too Gold Coast for Pick 2, Caddy.

Petterd & 3rd rounder too GC, Weller too Hawthorn, Savage too Melbourne.

Gold Coast trade Pick 4 for Kurt Tippett.

Edited by GRUN DEE

I thought the Caddy phase ended after he rejected a meeting with us and demanded to go to Collingwood?

I thought the Caddy phase ended after he rejected a meeting with us and demanded to go to Collingwood?

That was a rumour. Don't believe it had a good source.

I think we are quickly running out of good sources though.

Have it on good authority (via his brother down at Heidelberg) that Josh will be at North next season. Apparently a lot of the Gold Coast guys, Ablett in particular are happy to be rid of him too.

Trade pick 4, 13, Bail too Gold Coast for Pick 2, Caddy.

Petterd & 3rd rounder too GC, Weller too Hawthorn, Savage too Melbourne.

Gold Coast trade Pick 4 for Kurt Tippett.

I don't understand, where does Grundy come into this?